So looks like this won’t start until Jan 1, 2025 and we are “safe” this year?
Ticket prices for 2025 (through Oct.) were released this morning along with resort rates. Since shifting to date-based ticket pricing several years ago, it's very simple for WDW to "tweak" prices on individual dates without any big announcement. That often only gets noticed when someone says "hey, I looked up prices for a potential trip last week and now it's different."

So I would never say it's completely "safe" to think no price increases until 2025. I believe AP prices were last updated just 3 months ago, in December 2023. To my knowledge the latest release did not impact AP prices only regular tickets. But WDW doesn't seem to be following any historical pattern of when they do price increases in recent years.

Ticket prices for 2025 (through Oct.) were released this morning along with resort rates. Since shifting to date-based ticket pricing several years ago, it's very simple for WDW to "tweak" prices on individual dates without any big announcement. That often only gets noticed when someone says "hey, I looked up prices for a potential trip last week and now it's different."

So I would never say it's completely "safe" to think no price increases until 2025. I believe AP prices were last updated just 3 months ago, in December 2023. To my knowledge the latest release did not impact AP prices only regular tickets. But WDW doesn't seem to be following any historical pattern of when they do price increases in recent years.
Good analysis

I just purchased our multiday passes for our upcoming May trip. I was planning on purchasing in March anyway so it's no big deal but I wanted to be on the safe side. Based on past history, this is usually the time of year when Disney raises ticket prices.

Deep down I suspect this is a dumb question, but it's been a long day and my brain is done, so please bear with me. :rotfl: What I've seen is if we want to upgrade our current package tickets to APs, we cannot do that ahead of time, it needs to be done once we're down there. So does that mean we don't actually buy the APs until we arrive, we can't buy them now?

Also, most of our upcoming planned trips aren't until 2025, so it may be a better savings to wait until Jan 2025 to activate the AP to get the most use of it. So if we buy them now, will there be any issues with the system wanting to use the APs for the trip this year where we already have package tickets instead of those tickets we already have? In the past the system used some non-date based tickets we had instead of the date based ones we purchased so I don't trust them!

Deep down I suspect this is a dumb question, but it's been a long day and my brain is done, so please bear with me. :rotfl: What I've seen is if we want to upgrade our current package tickets to APs, we cannot do that ahead of time, it needs to be done once we're down there. So does that mean we don't actually buy the APs until we arrive, we can't buy them now?

Also, most of our upcoming planned trips aren't until 2025, so it may be a better savings to wait until Jan 2025 to activate the AP to get the most use of it. So if we buy them now, will there be any issues with the system wanting to use the APs for the trip this year where we already have package tickets instead of those tickets we already have? In the past the system used some non-date based tickets we had instead of the date based ones we purchased so I don't trust them!
Correct that package tickets cannot be separated from the package until arrival. Once you arrive and upgrade the tickets, you would then need to make theme park reservations as well. If you are at least 30 days out from arrival, you could drop the tickets from the package and buy APs now.

As to the 2nd question... if you buy an AP now but don't plan to use it until Jan. 2025, you will need to stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations and have the tickets prioritized before entering the first park. Then keep an eye on it to make sure the correct ticket has been used each day -- it's much easier to get that fixed on-site rather than after you return home.

I went to WDW in Feb 2023, bought my tickets for a family of 4 at boardwalk ticketing for $2385 (7 days ticket, regular 1 park/day).

I am planning to go to WDW in Feb 2025, same week that I went 2 years ago ,same amount of days, base ticket (7 days) and it is gonna cost me exactly $500 more (and this is buying for a discounted price at Boardwalk Ticketing). I understand inflation and price increases, but a $500 (21 %) price increase on tickets in 2 years is INSANE.

I can afford, that is not the point, but I don't know when people will say enough is enough (if that ever happens)

Sorry to vent here, but I am just shocked

Correct that package tickets cannot be separated from the package until arrival. Once you arrive and upgrade the tickets, you would then need to make theme park reservations as well. If you are at least 30 days out from arrival, you could drop the tickets from the package and buy APs now.

As to the 2nd question... if you buy an AP now but don't plan to use it until Jan. 2025, you will need to stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations and have the tickets prioritized before entering the first park. Then keep an eye on it to make sure the correct ticket has been used each day -- it's much easier to get that fixed on-site rather than after you return home.
Thank you! In the light of a new day I realized that we hadn't gotten a discount on the package, so no need to keep it, we're just going to cancel that and book room only and get the APs. Funny how the brain works better on days I'm not in the office :rotfl2:

Now that advance park reservations are no longer needed, is there any benefit to purchasing park tickets before the day you are planning to go?

Now that advance park reservations are no longer needed, is there any benefit to purchasing park tickets before the day you are planning to go?
You may be able to avoid a price increase by purchasing in advance.

Presumably they could sell-out a given day, though I'd guess that is unlikely except maybe at the busiest times of year.

Given that this is Disney I assume they never “tweak” prices downwards? We’re looking to buy one day tickets for before we go on a cruise in May and I’m trying to decide whether to give Disney my money now or hang on to it for another couple of months. We normally have APs or UK tickets so I’ve never had to consider this before. I’m leaning towards buying to avoid any prices increases…

Hi all, I have booked 5 day WDWpasses for May but we cannot go then, can I change them and leave them open without loosing money and with no fixed date. I hope this makes sense.

Hi all, I have booked 5 day WDWpasses for May but we cannot go then, can I change them and leave them open without loosing money and with no fixed date. I hope this makes sense.
You can carry the credit forward to use towards new tickets in the future. You cannot change to an open/unspecified date, so since you don't currently have the new date just leave the tickets as-is (I assume you have access to the MDE profile(s)) and make notes of the ticket number and value for each. When you know your new dates you'll have to call to use the credit if the tickets have already expired (past your original May dates).

We are heading to Disney in June- staying onsite. I am contemplating upgrading my ticket to an Annual Pass, as we have a few trips planned.
What happens with Park Reservations? Do I have to cross my fingers that I can still go to the parks with my family/where we have dining? I don't think I will be able to make them until the day I upgrade...
Anyone have experiences with this? Thanks!

We are heading to Disney in June- staying onsite. I am contemplating upgrading my ticket to an Annual Pass, as we have a few trips planned.
What happens with Park Reservations? Do I have to cross my fingers that I can still go to the parks with my family/where we have dining? I don't think I will be able to make them until the day I upgrade...
Anyone have experiences with this? Thanks!
Yes, you will need to make theme park reservations once you do the upgrade to AP. I haven't really seen reports of folks getting locked out of reservations, but you can keep an eye on it HERE.

so I heard that Disney will increase the ticket prices for 2025. I also noticed that Disney has made available the tickets for 2025 (at least for Feb 2025, the period I always go). the prices have jumped $500 from the same period 2 years ago, crazy ( I am looking at the receipts from FEb 2023).

My question is if the current price TODAY for the Feb 2025 tickets is already the "increased" price or if they have not increased yet. If not, my goodness, how the price can increase 21% from just 2 years ago ? seems crazy

so I heard that Disney will increase the ticket prices for 2025
Disney just released 2025 ticket prices, and yes they are an increase over 2024 (most dates anyway). It is possible there could be a quiet increase again, such as some of the 2024 dates increased when the 2025 prices were released. With date-based pricing, it's not easily noticed if a price increase occurs unless one is watching a specific date and realizes "hey I priced that last week and it was $X now it's $Y."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter