Tickets for dvc guests during Covid-19

I'm really surprised they didn't do that sooner. People making a run on UT tickets is completely counter to what they are trying to do right now.

Disney had every chance to make 3rd party sellers stop at the exact time they shut it down also. They chose to delay, that is on Disney.

I have a DVC reservation some of us have annual passes some do not. So I hoped on Wednesday night To buy tickets from Official Ticket Center. By Friday I had not received them and called in and they said they are still processing. Saturday morning I get an email saying they were refunding because Disney wouldn’t allow them to sell anymore And I would have to wait for refund. UT tickets were still available but my money was tied up and now you can’t buy them. I am so frustrated. We have been planning this for almost a year and it would have been the first time the whole family would be there in 10 years. I hope they will give me the opportunity to buy tickets for my other people before reservations open up or we will cancel not going to fly out there and half of us have to sit in room

DVC members can continue to book rooms as resorts are open. Access to parks is not connected to ownership in anyway so IMO, a DVC reservation guest would not be given priority to buy tickets if cash guests can not,

I believe that ticket sales will open for all at the same time.
I would hope they would contact both DVC and cash guests in order of which the reservations had been made, not just open it up to everyone all at once. It is pretty common in the DVC world not to buy tickets until you needed them for fastpass +.

I would hope they would contact both DVC and cash guests in order of which the reservations had been made, not just open it up to everyone all at once. It is pretty common in the DVC world not to buy tickets until you needed them for fastpass +.

With this system, I doubt we will see any level of priority like that. But, of course, we have no idea,

The only confirmed information is they have said they will not open up ticket sales or hotel reservations until everyone who has both is all set with park reservations.

Even Undercover Tourist is no longer selling them and won’t be allowed to until Disney opens up sales.

Rumor is we should hear something between the 2nd and 3rd week of June.

we have a party of 5 with DVC point reservations in October. 4 of the 5 have APs. the 5th person does not have tickets. Hopefully we hear something soon.

we have a party of 5 with DVC point reservations in October. 4 of the 5 have APs. the 5th person does not have tickets. Hopefully we hear something soon.

We are in a similar situation but we all had annual passes. Two of them expired during the closure. I did not renew since I wasn't sure when we would be able to get back. I'll be really upset if we cannot renew so two out of five cannot go into the park. I'm trying not to stress over it yet though and just wait for things to shake out.

We are in a similar situation but we all had annual passes. Two of them expired during the closure. I did not renew since I wasn't sure when we would be able to get back. I'll be really upset if we cannot renew so two out of five cannot go into the park. I'm trying not to stress over it yet though and just wait for things to shake out.

unfortunately, all I do is stress over it. we just need to buy tickets for one person!

Disney had every chance to make 3rd party sellers stop at the exact time they shut it down also. They chose to delay, that is on Disney.

I don't know how the 3rd part sellers work but my understanding was they bought things in bulk in advance so if they already had inventory they bought can they really be told they can't sell those?

With this system, I doubt we will see any level of priority like that. But, of course, we have no idea,

The only confirmed information is they have said they will not open up ticket sales or hotel reservations until everyone who has both is all set with park reservations.

Even Undercover Tourist is no longer selling them and won’t be allowed to until Disney opens up sales.

Rumor is we should hear something between the 2nd and 3rd week of June.
I had June DVC reservation (tickets were linked- were not dated tickets they were extended due to April closure). I rented points I’m not the owner. I immediately on Day 2 got the email that said I would have access to park reservation. I believe that they will accommodate DVC before regular resort guests to make up for all the issues. They do not want anymore cancellations. Funny I got that email and I didn’t have a July date for resort. I was also at BLT. I think if you’re at DVC especially magic kingdom area you will be set!

I had June DVC reservation (tickets were linked- were not dated tickets they were extended due to April closure). I rented points I’m not the owner. I immediately on Day 2 got the email that said I would have access to park reservation. I believe that they will accommodate DVC before regular resort guests to make up for all the issues. They do not want anymore cancellations. Funny I got that email and I didn’t have a July date for resort. I was also at BLT. I think if you’re at DVC especially magic kingdom area you will be set!

I got it as well as DVC and it is the same email as cash guests. However, there has been nothing to indicate DVC will get priority in any way, as park access, just like cash guests is not guaranteed.

I got it as well as DVC and it is the same email as cash guests. However, there has been nothing to indicate DVC will get priority in any way, as park access, just like cash guests is not guaranteed.
But I already received the email saying I WOULD have access to make a park reservation during my stay.

But I already received the email saying I WOULD have access to make a park reservation during my stay.

Yes, but so did cash guests, Disney has not shared any details other than all guests with reservations and tickets are being given priority.

However, there is no guarantee that even everyone who is in the first phase will actually get one.

Thanks everyone. We have decided to play the wait and see game. If DVC room availability is no longer available when tickets release it just wasn't to be.

I'd have to think that since they are an authorized ticket reseller that Disney has a contractual say in what they can and cannot do. At the very least, if they don't abide by what Disney wants then Disney doesn't have to continue to sell them tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter