You can't book a full "package" with AP tickets. You can upgrade the package tickets to AP after arrival. You can use an AP discount for the room, and show the AP within 24 hours of arrival. You may be able to request a refund (on gift card) for the party ticket and tour discounts.

Another option if you are willing to put out the AP ticket funds now, you could book a "ticketless package" which is room+dining, and buy the AP separately. That AP voucher will carry-forward until activated, regardless of whether you go in August, December, 2021 or later; AP vouchers currently show expiration as 2030, no additional cost to activate. I believe you can book discounts with the AP voucher.

Enjoy your vacations!

Thanks for this info.

I'm not interested in the dining plan. I would come out ahead paying OOP especially with the AP discount. I'm mostly just trying to make sure I am able to leverage any room discount + any discounts for things like parties, tours and recreation. It is sounding like the guaranteed way to do that is purchase my voucher early before I do those bookings. I wasn't aware of the 2030 expiry, that's good to know as it takes away my concern about potentially not even being able to do a December trip. I also had not read anywhere that I had 24 hours to show the activated APs for the room discount. That certainly helps a lot with the logistics of my arrival day.

I'm actually getting a bit excited about this possibility and it would make delaying my August trip to December a lot easier to stomach.

I also had not read anywhere that I had 24 hours to show the activated APs for the room discount. That certainly helps a lot with the logistics of my arrival day.
There is likely no need to "show" anything (such as an activated AP) to the resort desk CMs.
With the advent of MyDIsneyExperience, your ticket/AP purchases are available in your files to any WDW "authority" to see, if needed.
And, these days, with on-line check-in, most guests don't ever need to stop at the resort desk during their trip.

Hi all! Has Disney refunded 1 day tickets? Some friends bought 1 day tickets for March, and the tickets can now be used until December 15th. However, they won't be going to Disney until next year. I know they can use the tickets towards buying new tickets, but they'd rather just get the refund if that's possible. Any thoughts?
They will have to call and take it up with Disney. I think there were one or two people saying they got a refund but the vast majority who want one are spitting mad saying Disney is holding firm on their no-refund policy.

Reactions: CJK
I have a room only reservation booked. I will be adding 9 day hoppers via the website or app from Disney. Will that convert my reservation to a package?

I have a room only reservation booked. I will be adding 9 day hoppers via the website or app from Disney. Will that convert my reservation to a package?
No. You will still have a room-only reservation, plus tickets purchased separately.

Enjoy your vacation!

If I call to add the tickets can they covert my room only reservation to a package and still keep my room only discount?
What is it that you want to accomplish by making this a "room and tickets" package?

What is it that you want to accomplish by making this a "room and tickets" package?
I had read by purchasing the tickets separately they were non refundable. Not sure if that’s correct or not. So what I chose was a Split stay of 6 nights with 9 day hoppers at YC. Then a room only at BC CL for the remaining two nights. So we can utilize 3 days of CL.
Hopefully , I can book all 9 days of fastpasses at first resort opening. Also I know for sure now my first part of trip booking of the package is refundable including the tickets .

I currently have a set of 8 day Canadian resident tickets that would've been used in April. Our vacation got rebooked for end of year for a longer hotel stay. When attempting to upgrade to 10 day tickets, the Disney Agent said I couldn't do that until at the parks. Is this correct? And if so, does that mean I can only book 8 days of fast passes at the 60 day window? We have a split stay at Boardwalk/Polynesian DVC for two weeks.

I currently have a set of 8 day Canadian resident tickets that would've been used in April. Our vacation got rebooked for end of year for a longer hotel stay.
When attempting to upgrade to 10 day tickets,
the Disney Agent said I couldn't do that until at the parks.
1. Is this correct?
2. And if so, does that mean I can only book 8 days of fast passes at the 60 day window?
1. Maybe. (Who can say what is "normal" anymore?)
I think we may find that things/rules will be kind of "fluid" as WDW begins to (we hope) reopen.
2. Yes.
However, have YOU tried to do the upgrade, yourself, in your MDE account?

Does anyone know if Disney stopped selling individual tickets, outside of a package? I was trying to figure out if I had hit a glitch.

I also was trying to price out tickets as we were considering having our older son join us now that our trip has moved to October. The WDW website will not let me price or purchase tickets unless they are part of a package.

Are they trying to limit the number of tickets being sold?

I also was trying to price out tickets as we were considering having our older son join us now that our trip has moved to October. The WDW website will not let me price or purchase tickets unless they are part of a package.

I think so. I couldn’t get anything to open the other day for a family member, but it is not fastpass time yet so I was going to wait to call.

I think so. I couldn’t get anything to open the other day for a family member, but it is not fastpass time yet so I was going to wait to call.

Maybe it's the dates that are the problem.
I checked on buying tickets (for mid-September) last night (for another poster) and again, just now, for this discussion.

Looks like I can choose to purchase stand-alone tickets from the regular Disney site.
Below is a screen-grab of what I was able to choose (just as an example.)
I even clicked through to the Checkout page, which also came up as normal.

Maybe it's the dates that are the problem.
I checked on buying tickets (for mid-September) last night (for another poster) and again, just now, for this discussion.

Looks like I can choose to purchase stand-alone tickets from the regular Disney site.
Below is a screen-grab of what I was able to choose (just as an example.)
I even clicked through to the Checkout page, which also came up as normal.

View attachment 489623
I was trying for July. I have a MacBook, when I go to the calendars I can’t select a date for July or August. I’ll try September

I tried from my phone, it’s also could be a glitch or safari, I just tried for September and all dates on the calendar are greyed out.

I can get July from my phone . Weird

Attachments

• D5EC2174-BEE3-471F-8C1B-B62D88929506.png
    D5EC2174-BEE3-471F-8C1B-B62D88929506.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 3
I was trying for July. I have a MacBook, when I go to the calendars I can’t select a date for July or August. I’ll try September
I figured it out. The app is the only thing working for me. The website doesn’t pull them up on pc or phone.

Just to add to the confusion, I am using a MacBook and the website and everything works.
I am using the Chrome browser. Did you try that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter