• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets with packages still transferable?

Be careful with the year plus. They now expire. They won’t lose their value - so you could pay to bring them to market value post-expiry - but you won’t be able to make FP in advance for that trip.

ETA: The transfer is done on MDE, under tickets & passes.

So to save the Tix for future use, am I correct in understanding that they cannot be transferred until I check in to the hotel? I still plan on using them for the intended parties, but not for a year +. Did u transfer them yourself on the website or did u go have someone do it in person? TIA!
You don't have to wait until check in. You can transfer them the morning of the check in day. I used the MDE app to do the transfer myself. But Guest Relations or a ticket booth can make the transfer, too.

BTW, our tickets did not have an expiration date but the new tickets, do. Make sure that the tickets don't expire before you plan to use them. :)

We used those tickets to renew our annual passes. :)

Be careful with the year plus. They now expire. They won’t lose their value - so you could pay to bring them to market value post-expiry - but you won’t be able to make FP in advance for that trip.

ETA: The transfer is done on MDE, under tickets & passes.

Thank you for the info. Is the transfer not able to be done until check in day? I was trying to do it beforehand, but I didn't see anyway to do it on the site. It says non transferable beside it.

You don't have to wait until check in. You can transfer them the morning of the check in day. I used the MDE app to do the transfer myself. But Guest Relations or a ticket booth can make the transfer, too.

BTW, our tickets did not have an expiration date but the new tickets, do. Make sure that the tickets don't expire before you plan to use them. :)

Thank you for your help!

This is what I want to do as well. We have Aps, but also have a free dining bounce back booked.
1. I don't want to use those Tix when I can be using APs. So to save the Tix for future use,
2. am I correct in understanding that they cannot be transferred until I check in to the hotel?
3. I still plan on using them for the intended parties, but not for a year +.

1. OK.
2. Correct. Package tickets are not available to guests until the guest is at WDW.
(Tickets can be activated up to 10 days before check-in date, but only in-person at WDW.)
3. Remember that NEW, CURRENT tickets will "expire" on Dec. 31, 2018.

1. OK.
2. Correct. Package tickets are not available to guests until the guest is at WDW.
(Tickets can be activated up to 10 days before check-in date, but only in-person at WDW.)
3. Remember that NEW, CURRENT tickets will "expire" on Dec. 31, 2018.

Thank you for all your help! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter