Tiered/surge park pricing coming soon

lugnut33

DIS Veteran
And here it comes for regular park tickets.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/disney-parks-consider-higher-prices-during-busy-times-1443960001

For the first time in the 60 years since Disneyland opened, Walt Disney Co. is considering switching to demand-based pricing at its domestic parks, where tickets would cost less or provide added benefits on slower days and cost extra or come with more restrictions on dates when there tend to be too many people.

BTW, if a mod wants to merge this with the other thread on the same subject that would be appreciated. I didn't see the other thread at the time I posted this. Sorry

Last edited:
We don't go during summer, or holidays (Christmas/Easter/Spring Break) but I feel bad for those who would only be able to go during the pricier months and even worse for those for whom this would be the nail in the coffin.

They already charge more during holidays. Resort prices are higher with less discounts, restaurant buffets are higher during certain weeks. Many of the state's have made it illegal to pull your kids out of school so it's not going to change the crowds during those busy times.

I really don't think there is a off season time anymore, look at September, you got busy then holiday busy and I see just as many kids on non school days as on school days so I don't think that is as big a factor as people think.

This was reported on WGN Tv today noon business report. Will it happen? Im sure it will. My guess is that they wont really give any price reductions to parks during slow times. Maybe a few perks like an extra fast pass or 2. They they will really jack up prices during all holidays from Christmas down to Columbus day.
Going to Disney never has been cheap but the value was there. Youd go say it was expensive but also say how worth it. Now for the first timers at work I hear them more often saying how expensive it was & thats it or adding not worth it. Eventually this kind of response & economic turmoil happening is South America will add up to bite them you know where.

I really don't think there is a off season time anymore, look at September, you got busy then holiday busy and I see just as many kids on non school days as on school days so I don't think that is as big a factor as people think.
January used to be a time when crowds weren't too bad. Not anymore.

Our next trip is not until 2021 on purpose - Mainly for Star Wars at the Studios...At the rate prices are going I forsee a "Studios" Vacation split between DHS and Universal/IOA with resort prices being the deal breaker where we stay and where we shuttle to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter