Tiered/surge park pricing coming soon

We may be poised to enter a stage of perceived great expansion. But right now, we've had a decade of lackluster expansion followed by the great closing of attractions all over property. Until these things start opening up, they aren't "investments" to the customers. For example, I took my first and only trip so far to Disneyland in 2011. Little Mermaid had opened up but Carsland and the new front entrance were still under construction. Did that investment in DCA help me on that trip. NO. It helped future visitors on future trips.

That's what we are looking at now. The decisions to scrimp on capital investments at WDW for going on a decade are coming home to roost and now Disney is trying to play catch up. Look at the past decade compared to just the few years around the year 2000.

In 1998 They opened an entire park in DAK. They also opened Buzz Light Year at Magic Kingdom.

1999 saw Test Track at EPCOT, RnR at DHS, Kali River Rapids/ Asia area at DAK, Winnie the Pooh at Magic Kingdom

In those 2 year, in addition to opening a new park they added a new ride to each of the other parks.

Today we have

2014 7DMT,
2012 Little Mermaid
2009 Sum of all Thrills
2008 TSMM
2007 Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
2006 Expedition Everest.
I couldn't agree more. Besides we have no idea if any of the new offerings will be great or good or mediocre. Time will tell.

It sounds like they are just dismissing these projects then to suit their argument then. Sounds like more of an agenda to me. That "agenda" being to bash Iger. How can someone pass judgement on something before they've actually experienced it? I've seen Avator and I didn't love it, it was OK, but I'm still excited to see Pandora once it's completed. But to pretty much state Iger is ignoring or the FL parks are "getting the shaft" is incorrect.

Oh dear...

Do you actually believe this line of thought?

Do you think that they have invested in Florida properly when taking into account what the customers have spent and the price increases in the first 10 years of Igers rule?

All this money that west coast bob is throwing now in Florida...does it demonstrate care for Florida? Or is it to correct some Of the mistakes of not giving a crap about Florida for so long now that they need park money more
Than they did then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter