Tiered/surge park pricing coming soon

Well I knew about all the acquisitions anyway. Tough to keep up with the worldwide parks or know when they opened, etc. I do suspect a lot would be on the edge of being willing to pay what Disney wants and if there is no longer any way to get the price down to something non-exorbitant for each day then I suspect a lot would look elsewhere. There is a limit to what you can put your customers through, no matter how much they might love your company

Last edited:
I was only referring to WDW. I don't know anything about the stock prices and ESPN and how much money Marvel makes. I just know that Iger is not a Friend to the four parks in central Florida.

Agreed. California sees huge improvements in the parks with great new rides. Florida gets FP+, new DVC timeshares, and shopping malls. Florida is just getting the shaft. I wonder why?

Agreed. California sees huge improvements in the parks with great new rides. Florida gets FP+, new DVC timeshares, and shopping malls. Florida is just getting the shaft. I wonder why?

I agree with you. Yet, despite that shaft, WDW seems to be packing them in...and in record numbers...and that really leaves me scratching my head. There are a lot of us here on the DIS who say we aren't going back until something changes. But obviously, for every ONE of us vets who vows not to return for a few years, there must be TWO newbies who are happy to plunk over their cash. Because the place is completely packed all the time now.

I agree with you. Yet, despite that shaft, WDW seems to be packing them in...and in record numbers...and that really leaves me scratching my head. There are a lot of us here on the DIS who say we aren't going back until something changes. But obviously, for every ONE of us vets who vows not to return for a few years, there must be TWO newbies who are happy to plunk over their cash. Because the place is completely packed all the time now.
And that might just be why Disney doesn't bother to invest as much in the Florida parks lately.

As my son in private school with high yearly school fees there is no way I would take him out in term time. i will just have to suck up the higher costs.

I've noted that people don't count Pandora. Either they don't like the attractions as described or they don't like the idea as a whole, so they do not see it as any kind of improvement.

They don't count Disney Springs either, likely because it is not a theme park and hasn't got rides.

As for the others, they will be a long time coming (so was Carsland though, although they did hop to it once they saw California Adventure as constructed was a failure).

Iger's not going anywhere. Whatever he did, those "stale" parks are full to bursting at times when they were traditionally empty.

And if you are buying DVC because you are expecting discounted tickets and merchandise...don't buy it.

Last edited:

The economy is good, people have spending money = restaurants and tourist sites do better.

It sounds like they are just dismissing these projects then to suit their argument then. Sounds like more of an agenda to me. That "agenda" being to bash Iger. How can someone pass judgement on something before they've actually experienced it? I've seen Avator and I didn't love it, it was OK, but I'm still excited to see Pandora once it's completed. But to pretty much state Iger is ignoring or the FL parks are "getting the shaft" is incorrect.

I agree that Disney has lagged over the last 10 years in making huge investments in WDW, while doing so at their other parks. As a result MK, Epcot and DH have not since major growth until recently (FL expansion) and with AK new land, SL and CL plans. But Disney is great at promotion and marketing and clearly taking advantage of improved economy and international markets to expand visitors, even highlighting what are relatively minor updates, but often still a huge expenses (including MBs and FP+), tapping into tourist demand. And not return and long standing WDW visitors, but new and first time visitors. As long WDW is full and bust and total revenue is up the pressure for more investments (and quicker) at WDW simply is not there - and when the issue is raised they are going to point to what the next decade will be bringing. By 2025, perhaps as soon as the 50th anniversary in 2021, WDW especially AK and HS will look much different with many new offerings. If the US and global economies stay strong you are then going to see crowds at levels unbelievable to current numbers. FP+ and tier pricing are just the start of WDW efforts to manage larger increases in visitors, they will no doubt be other stratgies employed.

That "agenda" being to bash Iger.
_Y41GmwN0LddYxrFbHrgvWLxasYTOcR2XpBVjD_wLhoTOx41f6Borf6y946R_3WNvqnk3vt8s2_bk9rUxDrbmqq3r6Xnow=s0

Why would anyone want to bash Mr Iger?

Yes, Mr Iger -- we know why you're smiling.

Hmmm...TSMM expansion, Soarin update, DS, Pandora, ROL, SW Land, and TS Land. How can anyone think Iger isn't investing in the Florida Parks? :confused3

More a response to Universal's increased market share. All of that will be great, later, but not now at this moment.

so all of this at DHS is being built, not to showcase Disney's new acquisition of Star Wars, but to "get back" at Universal.

so all of this at DHS is being built, not to showcase Disney's new acquisition of Star Wars, but to "get back" at Universal.

Know your history. DHS was built IN RESPONSE TO UNIVERSAL in the first place. Disney pushed it through more quickly because they do not have the same level of permits and red tape because they own Reedy Creek.

Since the opening of HP and then Diagon Alley, Universal has seen attendance and market share surpass its parks.

If Disney does move to tiered pricing, and you have already bought regular tickets, do you think those will still be honored? Say if you bought them in the next couple of months to use early next year.

Last edited:
Hmmm...TSMM expansion, Soarin update, DS, Pandora, ROL, SW Land, and TS Land. How can anyone think Iger isn't investing in the Florida Parks? :confused3

We may be poised to enter a stage of perceived great expansion. But right now, we've had a decade of lackluster expansion followed by the great closing of attractions all over property. Until these things start opening up, they aren't "investments" to the customers. For example, I took my first and only trip so far to Disneyland in 2011. Little Mermaid had opened up but Carsland and the new front entrance were still under construction. Did that investment in DCA help me on that trip. NO. It helped future visitors on future trips.

That's what we are looking at now. The decisions to scrimp on capital investments at WDW for going on a decade are coming home to roost and now Disney is trying to play catch up. Look at the past decade compared to just the few years around the year 2000.

In 1998 They opened an entire park in DAK. They also opened Buzz Light Year at Magic Kingdom.

1999 saw Test Track at EPCOT, RnR at DHS, Kali River Rapids/ Asia area at DAK, Winnie the Pooh at Magic Kingdom

In those 2 year, in addition to opening a new park they added a new ride to each of the other parks.

Today we have

2014 7DMT,
2012 Little Mermaid
2009 Sum of all Thrills
2008 TSMM
2007 Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
2006 Expedition Everest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter