Tipping During our Trip

ChanellF

DisneyCAMama
I'm trying to compile a list of people/places that we'll need to bring cash for tipping at various places as well as the standard amounts for each. Wondering if someone has already done this? Here's what I have so far and amounts. Do I need to add anything else?

Mousekeeping - $1-$3 day / per person
Magical Express - $1-$2 per bag
Bell Services - $1-$2 per bag
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - 10-15%

*And we know about tipping at table service, but I won't be bringing cash for this. Mostly wondering about the various extras.

If you take an Uber or Lyft would need to tip them. Other than that I think you covered it all.

If you are parking at off sight airport parking lot when catching your flight to Florida you will need to tip the shuttle man.

If you are parking at off sight airport parking lot when catching your flight to Florida you will need to tip the shuttle man.

We are taking a Lyft ride to the airport, but yes including the tip/cost for that is something good to add to my list. Thanks!

I tipped every day and thought maybe they would make a Disney character or two out of the towels like they used to but it never happened. I honestly can't remember if they did that in 2017 or 2018 or not. I tipped the staff at the Grand Floridian Cafe more than normal for making our engagement brunch so special, they went above and beyond.....my fiance said the person who had our table looked like a princess.

Your list already has all the ones that had come to mind for me when I was thinking about the amount of cash to bring. Your amounts are pretty well in line with my thoughts, too. I'll be curious if anyone else pops up with more things--seems like Lyft tips should be able to go on the CC, same as dining tips, and I always just roll those into my general budgeting for transportation and food since I don't have to specially prep anything for it (anymore I have to make a conscious effort to make sure I have cash on hand if I expect to need it).

Every thread about tipping on this forum ends up in an argument about what you can/should/cannot do......LOL.

There IS a sign at the front of the DME bus that says something like 'tipping is permitted for exceptional service'.

Your list is great. I always give cash to the person who brings us items like extra towels, blankets, toiletries, etc... and to the valet.

I wish that BBB tips could be left on a card when you pay. Our first time there, I wasn’t sure of how the process worked but assumed that I could add the tip on my card when I paid. Once my DD had her hair done and we were moving to the picture portion, the Fairy Godmother grabbed my arm, held out her hand, and said that she accepted tips. I apologized and told her that I had given my cash to my teenagers to get ice cream and thought that I could add the tip when I paid with my card. I felt terrible not having cash but thought it was rude to grab my arm.

Once my DD had her hair done and we were moving to the picture portion, the Fairy Godmother grabbed my arm, held out her hand, and said that she accepted tips. I apologized and told her that I had given my cash to my teenagers to get ice cream and thought that I could add the tip when I paid with my card. I felt terrible not having cash but thought it was rude to grab my arm.

That is a little bold :oops: , but I do have a friend who works at the BBB here in CA's Disneyland and she says they do not get tipped often enough. It's random and some days she'll get only 1 customer, because I think a lot of people don't realize you can't add it to cards or they're not from the states and know our tipping customs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter