Tips You Live By

-_Stitch-Up-Scrump_-

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! I’m going to Disneyworld for 4 days in October and I was wondering what hacks/tips you live buy when you go to the parks! Thanks!

I always pick up a map on the way into each park I visit with days events listed parades fireworks etc. My first time at MK years ago with my then bf now dh we wasted so much time going back and forth .wasted a lot of time. Use your fast passes wisely. Are you a counter service type ?like sit down? Just things to think about to use your time efficiently. Have fun!!

1. KEEP REFRESHING
2. Be understanding that not everyone was raised to comprehend that they are not the only person on the planet.
3. Explain to your kids that there will be people that believe that they are more important than you. Point it out to your kids when those people show their true selves.
4. Be able to call audibles.
5. Let the kids know what is planned, and let them help.
6. Let the kids know that photos are mandatory, and dissent will not be tolerated.
7. Dole Whips and Pineapple Floats at every opportunity.
8. Above all, remember to enjoy this time with your fam. Don't run them ragged, and make WDW an aggravating experience. You'll see PLENTY of families walking around disgruntled. Don't be one of them.
9. Well, I guess above all "part b" is KEEP REFRESHING!
10. Spring for an extra, like a dessert party or emm.

- Go off season and arrive early each day
- Have a plan, but be flexible
- Sit down in the air conditioning for a nice lunch; you need the break as much as you need the food
- Drink water -- lots of it
- Skip souvenirs; experiences beats shopping
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Don't weigh yourself down with bags of this and that

If you are staying at the Pop Century and the bus line to return from the park is huge (which it is a lot), take the AoA bus if the line is short. It's just a short walk from the AoA to the Pop. IMO, it's better to do that than wait 20-25 minutes for the next Pop bus. Sometimes you might have to wait for 2 Pop busses. Usually, the Pop and AoA bus stalls are next to each other.

• Set reasonable expectations...no place is perfect, not even Disney
  • Be courteous of others and castmembers
  • Enjoy the little things, sometimes those are the memories you don't forget
  • Try not to be too rushed
  • Always get a Dole Whip float
  • Try something new
  • Our tradition is to buy an ornament each trip (my hope is to have an all Disney tree one day)

Carry a battery pack for your phone
Don't buy bottled water, get the free water at QS!

This is mine as well. I bring a battery pack and never worry about using my phone.

Also, plans are made to be broken. Never be so invested in the plan that you lose sight of hat your family wants to do. There is magic all around you so toss that spreadsheet right out and enjoy what comes up.

Lots of good ones so far! I will add:

Bring a ball cap (or buy a Disney one there!). The sun beating down on your head can be brutal. I wear my Bruins one - I get a lot of hellos from fellow New Englanders!

Bring Imodium from home. I know, no one wants to talk about that, but travel, drinking different tap water, eating rich food, can take a toll. No fun in a public rest room. You will be glad it is in your bag!

We also do the Christmas ornament, usually from our resort.

A little pre-planning actually makes our trip more spontaneous. We find that making a few hard to get FP+, doing RD and some ADRs for dinner is enough to save us hours of waiting in lines. This gives us more free time and allows us to slow down.

Remember that October is no longer a slow time at WDW. You didn't post your dates, but the weeks surrounding Columbus Day see 10/10 crowd levels on some days. That used to be our standard time to go until it became so popular. Bring your patience.

Don't run out of the park the second firework is done. Sit around, look, talk, contemplate life or whatever. That will be a good 30 min spend quietly with your family, enjoying WDW. Instead of that 30 min fighting the crowd in bus stations.

If your doing the Free Dining-1 QS can be exchanged for 3 snack credits.
Follow the bus schedule on MDE
Check the ride times & you can change your Fast Passes & modify reservations-Best time to do it is in early a.m. until about lunch time.
Take time mid-day for a break-go in the pool for awhile. It's nice to have a break & not do marathon days. It's exhausting!

Don't run out of the park the second firework is done. Sit around, look, talk, contemplate life or whatever. That will be a good 30 min spend quietly with your family, enjoying WDW. Instead of that 30 min fighting the crowd in bus stations.

That is a great idea!!!

Drink water before you even leave the hotel room in the morning, to start the day off hydrated.
Never wear new shoes, always make sure they are well broken in.
Mid-day breaks are a very good thing. They can either be trips back to the resort for naps/pool time, or judiciously timed meals or shows that involved an extended period of sitting in air conditioning.
Use all the different modes of transportation, not just buses - monorail, boat and soon the skyliner (if it suits where you need to go).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter