Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

I knew there was going to be some trouble with that phrasing.

And yet you did it anyway!

I didn't think it would be nice to say that one of my favorite photos of the trip was one that didn't include my friends. I didn't want to seem like a monster!

Too late!

Hard to choose just one favourite.

Nope. Easy. HM. But after that? Yeah... it gets a bit harder.

Tern it off! Tern it off!

You quack me up!

See? Toucan play that game.
Or are you not emused?

No. Not caring if one of them went missing.

I know. I'm a monster.

You said it, I didn't.

Wait...

I did sing along with the birds, though. I danced a little, too.

:laughing: Good for you!

The Great Moments in American History is kinda-sorta new- October 2016. The version we watched was the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere and there is also one about the Declaration of Independence.

I'll have to keep an eye out. I presume it's on the daily performance sheet?

^^^ Sounds like you are whipped. Me, too!

::yes::

Probably. But after a thorough probing, they sent her back.

They do that.

Just need the adult stroller-carriage now.

:laughing: You assume there isn't one, somewhere?

Absolutely! They toss you off if you don't do that!

Do not thwart the Wedway Gods.

Again, need to learn where the ride camera is. Had to hold the pose for the entire ride.

:rotfl2:

:laughing:

You got a lot done before we arrived. I seem to remember something about delicious pumpkin waffles before we met you by BTMRR.

I don’t think I had watched this show since my boys’ very first trip in 2004.
We probably hadn't seen this show since 2004 either. That is funny about keeping tracks of the kids. I'm glad that he didn't really get lost.

I was standing next to Sue in the passageway, waiting for the rest of our group to finish up, when all of a sudden she jumped in front of a woman on an electric scooter.
I used to read her trip reports and knew that she was going to be at the Beach Club during our trip. But then she had disappeared from the Dis and I had completely forgotten about her until I saw her coming through the tunnel. I'm glad that she recognized my Dis user name and stopped when I started talking to her. :)

We spent a few minutes with her and then walked her over to Pirates so she and her friend could use their Fast Passes. They were planning on going to a movie later that afternoon, so they weren’t able to wait for our Fast Passes to be active.
That was lucky that we ran into Teena. We could have easily missed her since we didn't share a fp time. The stranger who agreed to take our picture did a nice job. :)

Since we couldn’t take a voyage with pirates yet, we decided to go to a hoe-down with bears.
This is an old family favorite and always brings back found memories of trips with the kids when MK was the only park. You rode all the rides back then. ;)

The performance was The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere, a tale this New Englander knows quite well. OK, this version was slightly different from the story I am familiar with, but I enjoyed the Muppet version.
We've always liked the Muppets and it is really nice to see new things at MK. :)

I’m glad someone knew where to look for the camera.
He did that for both Pirates and the Mine ride. That was the only time I've seen him wave to the camera like that. :)

And took a chill ride of our own:
One of our favorite rides. I think we rode this with you and then left for lunch. I think we went back to POR for lunch and maybe some pool time. It was a little chilly during our trip and this might have been one of the warmer afternoons.

The face you make when you spend more time taking pictures than playing the game.
I love this shot. I try to do interesting faces, too, rather than my intense, trying to hit the target face.

I have finally made the time to read through your report. I should have more time than ever for the DisBoards these days, but I always seem to be busy with something else.

It is fun to look back on this trip through your eyes. I can't believe how much we packed into such a short trip.

It was a great group to travel with. Nannette is such a generous host and Ninja always keeps things interesting. I loved travelling with you, Dee. Always fun to travel with someone who has the same sense of humour, and the added bonus of having my own personal breakfast chef was very much appreciated!

I also loved meeting up with all the other friends like Teena, Diane and Lauren along the way. Getting to know Wood Nymph and her husband was a particular highlight - I hope our Disney travel paths cross again some day!

With Halloween, Food and Wine, and good weather, October is a perfect time to be at WDW.

Wait, what??!!! How did I not think about looking on the Dis for this trip report? I'm just seeing this now and I'm going to catch up on my reading.

You think you're late to the party? I just discovered this trip report something like 4 months after it started! I better start reading!

For those of you who were asking (annie170), here is a link to my flicker page with my Disney Parks Pictures
https://tinyurl.com/ltgw8pv

~NM

And yet you did it anyway!

This ain't Shakespeare!

Too late!

Once a monster...

Nope. Easy. HM. But after that? Yeah... it gets a bit harder.

OK, related but different question- is Haunted Mansion your favorite overall WDW attraction?

You quack me up!

See? Toucan play that game.
Or are you not emused?

I would be cuckoo to think I could top those!

You said it, I didn't.

Wait...

"But who said it first?

I said it both times".

:laughing: Good for you!

Good for me, not so good for the others around me. I don't have a voice like a canary.

I'll have to keep an eye out. I presume it's on the daily performance sheet?

Yes, you can find it on the times guide. Right now the performances are every half hour in the morning but scheduled sporadically in the afternoon.

Dole Whips all around!

They do that.

I will trust your info on aliens.

:laughing: You assume there isn't one, somewhere?

Good point!

Do not thwart the Wedway Gods.

I throw caution to the wind like there's no Tom Morrow!

;)

You got a lot done before we arrived. I seem to remember something about delicious pumpkin waffles before we met you by BTMRR.

We sure did! I have a picture of the waffles in the post before this one.

We probably hadn't seen this show since 2004 either. That is funny about keeping tracks of the kids. I'm glad that he didn't really get lost.

I too am glad Ben was not lost.

It was funny that I was so hyper-focused on keeping track of the kids in front of me that I lost the one I was holding.

When the boys were younger, I used to give them cards with my name and phone number for them to put in their pockets when we were out in public. I told them if they got lost, they should hand the card to a mom with kids. Once we were visiting friends who took us to the Philadelphia Zoo. While we were in gift shop, Nate lost sight of me. Before I even knew he was missing, a woman started calling my name.

I used to read her trip reports and knew that she was going to be at the Beach Club during our trip. But then she had disappeared from the Dis and I had completely forgotten about her until I saw her coming through the tunnel. I'm glad that she recognized my Dis user name and stopped when I started talking to her. :)

I knew her through others trip reports and I actually had contacted her for advice on some friends who are in the military and were planning their first Disney visit.

That was lucky that we ran into Teena. We could have easily missed her since we didn't share a fp time. The stranger who agreed to take our picture did a nice job. :)

It was good to see her again, if only for a brief moment. I do love that picture of all of us!

This is an old family favorite and always brings back found memories of trips with the kids when MK was the only park. You rode all the rides back then. ;)

I sort of know what you mean. My first visit to Disney was in 1983, so EPCOT was open too, but in those early visits, we rode every ride. Country Bears was a favorite at the time.

We've always liked the Muppets and it is really nice to see new things at MK. :)

He did that for both Pirates and the Mine ride. That was the only time I've seen him wave to the camera like that. :)

That's funny!

He is a very good sport. I enjoy spending time with the two of you.

One of our favorite rides. I think we rode this with you and then left for lunch. I think we went back to POR for lunch and maybe some pool time. It was a little chilly during our trip and this might have been one of the warmer afternoons.

Yes, you rode the People Mover with us. The back of your head has a cameo in the shot I posted (which I know because a few other pictures I have show you and your husband more clearly)

I love this shot. I try to do interesting faces, too, rather than my intense, trying to hit the target face.

It was a fun pose!

:goodvibes

I have finally made the time to read through your report. I should have more time than ever for the DisBoards these days, but I always seem to be busy with something else.

It is fun to look back on this trip through your eyes. I can't believe how much we packed into such a short trip.

It was a great group to travel with. Nannette is such a generous host and Ninja always keeps things interesting. I loved travelling with you, Dee. Always fun to travel with someone who has the same sense of humour, and the added bonus of having my own personal breakfast chef was very much appreciated!

I also loved meeting up with all the other friends like Teena, Diane and Lauren along the way. Getting to know Wood Nymph and her husband was a particular highlight - I hope our Disney travel paths cross again some day!

With Halloween, Food and Wine, and good weather, October is a perfect time to be at WDW.

Good to have you back!

Yes, we did quite a lot. I'm especially impressed with Nannette, since she was not feeling 100%, but managed to keep up with a pretty rigorous itinerary.

We were a fun bunch and I'm glad there were a few others added to the mix throughout the trip.

Fall is an awesome time for a Disney trip. Mark keeps asking when we will be back- probably not this coming fall since it will be Ben's senior year and that will be the time he will be applying to colleges. October 2019 is a definite possibility!

:hmghost:

This ain't Shakespeare!

T'ain't?

Once a monster...

Always cute and fuzzy?

OK, related but different question- is Haunted Mansion your favorite overall WDW attraction?

Oh yes. Easily.
It goes back to watching a prevue of MK on the black and white TV wayyyyyy back when I was just a wee lad.

I would be cuckoo to think I could top those!

When I went to Germany with my folks, sister and DW, we stayed a night in a B&B that was close to a forest.
It was a beautiful morning and I opened the window.
You could hear the cuckoos... and they sound exactly like a cuckoo clock.

I a. didn't know it was a real bird and b. didn't think they'd sound like that.

Good for me, not so good for the others around me. I don't have a voice like a canary.

You don't want to sound cheep.

Yes, you can find it on the times guide.

Times guide... I was having a brain fart.... I couldn't remember what it was called!

Right now the performances are every half hour in the morning but scheduled sporadically in the afternoon.

Thanks! :)

I will trust your info on aliens.

;)

I throw caution to the wind like there's no Tom Morrow!

;)

:lmao:

T'aint even Soft Cell

(Tainted Love, 1980's)

Always cute and fuzzy?

fuzzy monster.jpg

Oh yes. Easily.
It goes back to watching a prevue of MK on the black and white TV wayyyyyy back when I was just a wee lad.

Cool!

:hmghost:

When I went to Germany with my folks, sister and DW, we stayed a night in a B&B that was close to a forest.
It was a beautiful morning and I opened the window.
You could hear the cuckoos... and they sound exactly like a cuckoo clock.

I a. didn't know it was a real bird and b. didn't think they'd sound like that.

I have never heard real cuckoos (the birds)- sounds neat- unless you are trying to sleep. Did they chime according to the time?

You don't want to sound cheep.

I'd rather sound cheep than look cheap!

Times guide... I was having a brain fart.... I couldn't remember what it was called!

I knew what you meant.

Thanks for setting me up for that one.

:rotfl2:

T'aint even Soft Cell

(Tainted Love, 1980's)

:worship:

fuzzy-monster-jpg.310968

Hi, Dee!

I have never heard real cuckoos (the birds)- sounds neat- unless you are trying to sleep. Did they chime according to the time?

Never heard them at night. Not very loud, the woods were a ways away.

And yes. They chimed according to whatever time they wanted to.

I'd rather sound cheep than look cheap!

I have No Egrets about stopping for a few pictures of this cutie.

From Heron in, I won’t hesitate to break for birds.
:rotfl:

I don’t think I had watched this show since my boys’ very first trip in 2004.
I hadn't been to see this show in ages either! And in January, I went twice in one day because #travelcompanions :laughing:

Turns out that it was @Elevationist

What?!?! How awesome!!! I love when these serendipitous moments happen :hug: I love the Dis :goodvibes:goodvibes

Another attraction I hadn’t done in many years, probably a decade.
Again, how funny - I did this TWICE on my January trip :laughing: After having not been in (probably also) a decade.

~Ninjamom asked if anyone wanted popcorn and we all said no. So naturally, she disappeared and came back with this:
Gotta love friends ::yes::

I’m glad someone knew where to look for the camera.

Ahhh, this is heaven for me :goodvibes

PPBuzzDee.jpeg

The face you make when you spend more time taking pictures than playing the game.
:rotfl: I know that face, it's the one I usually make on Buzz! :laughing:

Don't encourage me!

I hadn't been to see this show in ages either! And in January, I went twice in one day because #travelcompanions :laughing:

Again, how funny - I did this TWICE on my January trip :laughing: After having not been in (probably also) a decade.

That is funny! It must be "Year of a Million Overlooked Attractions"

What?!?! How awesome!!! I love when these serendipitous moments happen :hug: I love the Dis :goodvibes:goodvibes

It really is fun to have unexpected DIS meetings and moments. I actually had a woman recognize me while our families were dining at Cowfish in Universal and another woman saw me when my family was vacationing in the Bahamas in Atlantis.

Gotta love friends ::yes::

I do!

:grouphug:

Ahhh, this is heaven for me :goodvibes

Ditto!

:rotfl: I know that face, it's the one I usually make on Buzz! :laughing:

I pretty much stink at shooting rides like this but a couple of times I have gotten lucky and hit big time targets, much to the annoyance of my sons!

:laughing:

He is a very good sport.
He was hesitant at first to do the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet at AK. But when that turned out to be so much fun I think he was game to do everything else together, even the dreaded Tiki Birds. ;)

I enjoy spending time with the two of you.
Thanks. We had a great time hanging out with you, too. :)

Fall is an awesome time for a Disney trip. Mark keeps asking when we will be back- probably not this coming fall since it will be Ben's senior year and that will be the time he will be applying to colleges. October 2019 is a definite possibility!
That time of year seems to have the best weather. Food and Wine and the Halloween stuff are fun, too. But my new favorite time is right after Thanksgiving. The weather is usually still nice and the Christmas activities are lots of fun. :)

T'aint even Soft Cell

(Tainted Love, 1980's)
When I hear this song I have to drop what I am doing and listen to every word of it. This is the best "one hit wonder" ever. ::yes::[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter