To Independence Day... And Beyond! July 2022 Exercise Challenge

33 angry, tired, messy mostly walking minutes to add. Exceptionally grumpy today. I try to keep things upbeat on here, but my life is a mess. Anyone out there that thinks they're failing - you are not alone.

196/650 - 30%

This past school year (especially this spring) was hell for me. I felt like I was failing everything especially at being a mom and at work. Things are finally looking up and seem to be on a better track. Hang in there. It will get better.

Sorry I disappeared for half the month. Nothing bad just busy and haven't been able to get on. I have done great with minutes for the most part. I did get a new Fitbit and need to learn to track my time now. I switched from active minutes to zone minutes. So the 20 minute walk on the treadmill the one day didn't get added in. It looks like one day I got 25 zone minutes with 5,445 so I am going to go with every 5,000 steps is 25 minute to get as close to accurate as possible I was off the week of the 4th and I got a lot of minutes in but they are not showing.

July 1 -- 39
July 2 -- 41
July 3 -- 53
July 4 -- 39
July 5 -- 40
July 6 -- 44
July 7 -- 78
July 8 -- 53
July 9 -- 47
July 10 -- 61
July 11 -- 45
July 12 -- 21
July 13 -- 27
July 14 -- 24
July 15 -- 24
July 16 -- 33
July 17 -- 27

Total 696/930

I did the math yesterday and as suspected I am way behind in reaching my goal: to catch up and get to green by the end of the week I need to do at least 30 min per day. Didn't quite get there yesterday, but I'm going to post daily to keep myself accountable:

25/205

Last edited:
Welcome back piglet1979 and congrats for reaching Great Plains Green. Congrats also to Raya!

Walt Disney was a big fan of a 1913 novel by Eleanor H. Porter entitled.... "Pollyanna". The Disney film was made in 1960, and even though it starred British actress Hayley Mills as the titular character, it was really a love letter to turn of the century America. The film takes place in a small town, much like the one Walt himself grew up in. Approaching the climax of the movie, a celebration takes place in the town square. Pollyanna along with five other children sing a rendition of America the Beautiful, and if that weren't patriotic enough, they're literally wrapped up in an American flag.

1658275777034.png
(I actually watched this movie for the first time during the pandemic because my parents recommended it. My husband is a preacher, and at that time he was being kind of criticized by a church member for preaching "downer" sermons. My parents told him to watch Pollyanna, because the preacher in the movie had a similar issue. Pollyanna encouraged the minister, telling him that there were many "happy" passages in the Bible and inspired him to preach some of those instead. My husband wasn't exactly moved. 😂 But the next sermon series he did was from Psalm 23, which is a notably comforting passage).

Last edited:
Welcome back piglet1979 and congrats for reaching Great Plains Green. Congrats also to Raya!

Walt Disney was a big fan of a 1913 novel by Eleanor H. Porter entitled.... "Pollyanna". The Disney film was made in 1960, and even though it starred British actress Hayley Mills as the titular character, it was really a love letter to turn of the century America. The film takes place in a small town, much like the one Walt himself grew up in. Approaching the climax of the movie, a celebration takes place in the town square. Pollyanna along with five other children sing a rendition of America the Beautiful, and if that weren't patriotic enough, they're literally wrapped up in an American flag.

View attachment 686327
(I actually watched this movie for the first time during the pandemic because my parents recommended it. My husband is a preacher, and at that time he was being kind of criticized by a church member for preaching kind of "downer" sermons. My parents told him to watch Pollyanna, because the preacher in the movie had a similar issue. Pollyanna encouraged the minister, telling him that there were many "happy" passages in the Bible and inspired him to preach some of those instead. My husband wasn't exactly moved. 😂 But the next sermon series he did was from Psalm 23, which is a notably comforting passage).
Obviously one of my favorite movies! :rotfl2:

"He said if God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it."

Obviously one of my favorite movies! :rotfl2:

"He said if God took the trouble to tell us 800 times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it."
I was thinking of you when I wrote that post! I've been meaning to tell you how much I enjoyed it when I finally got around to watching it, but it never came up and I sorta forgot about it until I was researching stuff for the month's theme. 😊

I feel like I need to go watch Pollyanna this weekend. I honestly have zero knowledge of the plot, just know it as someone who's overly positive.... which is how I"m feeling about today's run y'all. Turns out, adding to the incline on my treadmill was why my runs were so rotten lately. I knew I'd added the incline, but didn't realize how much harder that made it. This morning I didn't run uphill the whole way, and man it felt great! :rotfl2: +40 minutes

415/650 - 64%

I have clear memories of watching Pollyanna, but it must be because of seeing it on TV, maybe Wonderful World of Disney? Because the first movie I saw in a theater was Thomasina, which came out several years after Pollyanna... and it scarred me for life. To this day I still don't like to watch movies centered around animals because they might die.

I finally broke the 30 minute barrier:

35/240 42%

I have clear memories of watching Pollyanna, but it must be because of seeing it on TV, maybe Wonderful World of Disney? Because the first movie I saw in a theater was Thomasina, which came out several years after Pollyanna... and it scarred me for life. To this day I still don't like to watch movies centered around animals because they might die.

I finally broke the 30 minute barrier:

35/240 42%

I vet animal movies here before I watch them:
https://www.doesthedogdie.com/

And congrats on the minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter