To Independence Day... And Beyond! July 2022 Exercise Challenge

+50

340/465 73%

Geez I was thinking it would be two days before I got to Blue, but I would have done it yesterday with just 8 more minutes!
Ugh! I hate when that happens! I've been there many times before! But, you are totally on track, so good job. :)

I have turned Sea to Shining Sea Blue and the TEAM has turned Great Plains Green! Lots of us are very close to color changes as well, so keep up the good work!

Today, let's talk about a defunct attraction that paved the way for some which are still in action in the parks today: America the Beautiful!
1658531785622.png
Walt Disney was a big fan of the imagery in the song, so he wanted a way to incorporate it all into a film to be shown at Disneyland. Ub Iwerks came up with the solution, inventing "Circarama" to shoot and show images in "Circle-vision 360." The attraction used 11 projectors to show 16MM film in the round. America the Beautiful debuted in Tomorrowland in 1960 and ran until 1984. A version of this attraction was also present in WDW from 1971 to 1979. This style of show is still used in attractions like O Canada in Epcot. It was used in Reflections of China as well, but it closed in 2019 to make way for a new version of the show called Wondrous China, set to open later this year, I think... It will also be a 360 degree film, but it's supposedly going to be seamless.

July 18 -- 59
July 19 -- 64
July 20 -- 67
July 21 -- 68
July 22 -- 26
July 23 -- 50
July 24 -- 72
July 25 -- 20

Total -- 1122/930

I know this is not right. It is too high. This switch from active minutes to zone minutes has been difficult this month. Next month I will just go by zone minutes since it will be a full month with that.

1260 more minutes since my very long time ago check in - yikes! - horses, walking, growwithjo, obe yoga, and obe strength

1445/1500
Welcome back! Nice job with your minutes!
+ 75

1090/1400

A wasp stung me on my wrist and my whole hand has swelled up dramatically, so I’m accumulating reading minutes today while I sit with ice packs.
Ouchy. :(

Lots of color changes to report... Yay for Bethislucy reaching Great Plains Green! sophy1996 has reached Sea to Shining Sea Blue, and so has our TEAM! Twilight Sparkle, Oneanne, and I have all turned Purple Mountains Majesty. And piglet1979 has reached Rocket's Red Glare.

I thought I'd share a show from Voices of Liberty, the acapella group that performs in the rotunda of the American Adventure pavilion in the World Showcase of Epcot. They have showtimes daily. For instance, their schedule tomorrow is as follows: 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM Their show is about 15 minutes.

Congrats to PollyannaMom for reaching Purple Mountains Majesty and to Oneanne and myself for reaching Rocket's Red Glare!

Today, I thought I'd cover the attraction inside the American Pavilion at Epcot, "The American Adventure."

Did you know that the show features 35 animatronics and 10 different sets? The sets are stored under the stage and move backward and forward on cue. The pavilion and its attraction took imagineers five years to complete. The building itself was inspired by the "Georgian style of the late 1700s, Colonial Williamsburg, Independence Hall, Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello and the Old State House in Boston," according to the Disney World website.
1659151845902.png

The show features the same "Golden Dream" song as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I'm pretty sure it was used in Epcot originally, though. If you're in the mood to hear it, here you go:

And I should mention that there are only a few days left of July. Would anyone be interested in hosting August? Please and thank you!

315 more minutes - probably my final for the month since I'm busy prepping for a trip on Monday and dealing with a sick cat, too. Horses, growwithjo, and Leslie Sansone walk at home videos.

1760/1500

Wish Bonnie was here this month! I could use her tips. My daughter and I are going to NYC for a few days to see some Broadway shows. A friend of my daughter's is meeting us there a day later. Definitely seeing Six and hoping to see a couple more. Fingers crossed for no flight issues or illnesses.

Hope you all are having a great weekend! In case I'm too busy to report back in, @Elizabeth Smith , thanks for a fun theme this month and for keeping us on track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter