Toddler Friendly / Non-Character Dinner TS Ideas

JessieR

Earning My Ears
This fall we are taking our first family trip to Disney. Our boys will be 3 and 5 and our 3 year old is not a big fan of Characters. We are still doing a few character meals for our 5 year old's benefit but are looking for a few non-character TS options outside of the actual parks that we can reserve for our non-park/break day. Suggestions?

This fall we are taking our first family trip to Disney. Our boys will be 3 and 5 and our 3 year old is not a big fan of Characters. We are still doing a few character meals for our 5 year old's benefit but are looking for a few non-character TS options outside of the actual parks that we can reserve for our non-park/break day. Suggestions?

I'd take a look at the disney springs restaurants, Raglan Road, TRex, Rainforest Cafe.

Poly - Ohana for dinner is not a character meal or Kona. This is a nice monorail ride from MK so it could be a break from the park or an early dinner before going back to MK for the evening. It is a nice resort to just walk around

AK lodge has 3 great restaurants - boma (buffet), jiko, sanna and there will be some time to relax and view animals either before or after dinner. And i believe they do nightly smores so if you plan your dinner time right you can eat and then venture out for the smores.

Disney Springs has a lot to offer, but if you are not already planning a DS day I don't know if i would go out of our way.

Mentioning what resort you are staying at might provide so direction for options.

Thank you for the suggestions! We are staying at Pop Century. I definitely have O'hana on the list - it sounds like their dinner is a lot of fun. and I will have to check out the AK lodge options - my kids love animals so that might be a fun option!

Whispering Canyon Cafe would be fun for kids but has no characters, just some waitstaff "antics"

Whispering Canyon Cafe would be fun for kids but has no characters, just some waitstaff "antics"
I agree. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a lot of fun for kids with no characters. It is located at Wilderness Lodge, which is a nice boat ride away from MK.

In April, with a 4 and 9 year old we are eating at Biergarten (band +kids dancing!) , Teppen Edo (my kids have LOVED this since my oldest was 5, they cook in front of the seats which entertain them). Coral Reef. 50's Prime Time (HS) My kids liked the TV at the table. Ohana,

We are also doing Trailsend (GREAT with food allergies which is why we are going). I think it it is a great deal for a buffet with lots of options, and the food is good. The kids liked the boat ride over and there's a playground near the boat.

Ohana's is my families favorite restaurant but your young ones might enjoy the antics at the Whispering Canyon Café and for incredible food there is Boma's and Jikos (best restaurant at Disney).

Ohana is one of my favorites. I highly recommend trying it. As others have said rainforest cafe and WCC are excellent fun options. Also, maybe beaches and cream. Not quite as "fun", but could be an option. I've heard good things about their ice cream :)

Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios.

ETA ooops, didn't realize you were looking for outside the park.

Another vote for Whispering Canyon! The waitstaff is great and the antics are funny. Make sure your kids ask for ketchup they will bring over a ton of ketchup bottles lol

Another vote for Whispering Canyon! The waitstaff is great and the antics are funny. Make sure your kids ask for ketchup they will bring over a ton of ketchup bottles lol

My 5 year old LOVES Ketchup - and would eat a whole bottle if I let him - that sounds super fun!

I second this! We’ve also always gotten good food at Coral Reef despite the lack of love it gets on these boards.
I agree, we have had a few great meals at Coral Reef and would recommend it myself....but it is in Epcot, and OP was looking for out of park.

Whispering Canyon Cafe gets my vote for atmosphere and decent food quality. Ohana is one that we felt the food quality was hit or miss, but was once a staple of our trips. Rainforest has atmosphere, but food quality is ok. I know characters aren’t there thing, but 1900 Park Fair has good food, and primarily face characters. You could easily excuse yourself before a character arrives. I think you need to find a menu you like and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter