Tokyo Dining vs Chef de France

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
Which would you choose and why. Never been to TD, so I am at a loss.

Tokyo Dining used to be our go-to, first night meal for WDW trips, but the menu has been really trimmed down over the years and it's very difficult for me to go there, now, when I know there is much, much better sushi just a walk or boat ride away at Kimonos at the Swan resort. The restaurant atmosphere is lovely, though. We had a really good meal at Chefs in June - quite better, actually, than past trips and the restaurant is quite beautiful, IMHO (love the large glass windows and the French bistro atmosphere). I think I would vote for Chefs.

Dined at both. Love both French and Japanese foods, but in this case, we would select Chefs. Why would be categorized around menu, food quality/plating and decor/atmosphere.

Tough one. I've never eaten at Tokyo Dining because I'm not a fan of shusi or seafood, I have eaten at Chef de France a few times.

I'm not a huge fan of Chefs. It's o.k. if you can't get an ADR somewhere else, I've had no problem getting day of ADRs there. In the before times it was always so loud that you couldn't have a conversation and the service wasn't the best. The food is good and the servings are big. I was there in April in 2021 when they still sort of doing social distancing and it was fairly early in the evening (around 5:30 or 6) so it wasn't as loud. The service was o.k. but (and this is going to sound bad) the servers were mostly non-French. I was there hoping to eat at food booths at F&G but there was one of those Florida downpours that shut all the booths down, I had been driving all day and hadn't eaten since an egg mcmuffin early in the morning so grabbed an ADR there. Currently the menu is pretty limited.

I would say if you like shusi and/or seafood give Tokyo Dining a try if for nothing else then it's a cool building. If you like large portions, pretty o.k. food and a loud dining experience with hit or miss service, give Chefs a try.

I've never been to Tokyo Dining, however I can tell you Chef's de France was the most horrible dining experience (O'Hana a close second) we've ever had at WDW. That was just a few months ago. Le Cellier was exceptional!

I've never been to Tokyo Dining, however I can tell you Chef's de France was the most horrible dining experience (O'Hana a close second) we've ever had at WDW. That was just a few months ago. Le Cellier was exceptional!

I agree with you on Le Cellier - I think it's the best restaurant in EP.

We were at Chefs for a lunch during Thanksgiving week and it was just as wonderful as it always has been.
Our son and DIL were with us. Chef's was their second fav after Le Cellier. They agreed it was so awful (food and service) that they were not going back either. I'm glad you got a good meal!

Reactions: eva
Which would you choose and why. Never been to TD, so I am at a loss.
I'm not even sure how to compare them, as they are such different experiences. But if you've never been to TD, why not give it a try? I like them both; I suspect the one I would choose would be the one I hadn't been to the longest.

Reactions: eva
Thanks for all the reviews and suggestions. Since Flying Fish opens in January I was able to grab a reservation there. Maybe we’ll try TD another time. Super excited to dine at FF again.

We used to really enjoy Chefs, but our last 2 meals have been underwhelming. Not bad, but not as good as it used to be.
if you enjoy Japanese food, TD is very good.
For French, Monsieur Paul was far better than Chefs, but more expensive and currently not open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter