Tokyo: Need the Basics

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
Hello! We decided yesterday to go to Japan in May and we would like to spend 1 day at either Tokyo Sea or Disneyland and I need to find a quick read on the very basics. Is there a good website or YT video about Japan for those of us very familiar with WDW?

Trying to decide if I need to book an onsite hotel, what to prioritize/what not to miss, any G+, minimize waits, best way to purchase ticket, dinner reservations, 1-day plan, etc.

Unfortunately Tokyo Disney Hotels are extremely hard to book. You might want to check out the Good Neighbor Hotels. Check out the Youtube videos by Mammoth Club and Ordinary Adventures for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. At a minimum I would urge 1 day at each park. Very exciting. DFB (Disney Food Blog) also recently went and did several videos. Have fun!!

I'm glad WDWNT is making videos but I feel like he makes Tokyo Disney a bit more magical than it is. Yeah, they're great parks but there are aspects of the American parks that I miss.

TDR Explorer can help with most planning and he has extensive resources for understanding the resort.

I'm glad WDWNT is making videos but I feel like he makes Tokyo Disney a bit more magical than it is. Yeah, they're great parks but there are aspects of the American parks that I miss.

TDR Explorer can help with most planning and he has extensive resources for understanding the resort.
Also, TDR Explorer is a local with years of experience at TDR. WDWNT has been to TDR twice. He is also an overall sleazy type of guy while the TDR Explorer is a generally nice guy (while I don’t know either personally, I have friends who do).

I actually did get the TDR e-book from TDR Explorer and think it’s a fantastic source of information.

Also, TDR Explorer is a local with years of experience at TDR. WDWNT has been to TDR twice. He is also an overall sleazy type of guy while the TDR Explorer is a generally nice guy (while I don’t know either personally, I have friends who do).

I actually did get the TDR e-book from TDR Explorer and think it’s a fantastic source of information.
I agree about the TDR books. I have both Disney and Universal, and they are great!

Unfortunately Tokyo Disney Hotels are extremely hard to book. You might want to check out the Good Neighbor Hotels. Check out the Youtube videos by Mammoth Club and Ordinary Adventures for Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea. At a minimum I would urge 1 day at each park. Very exciting. DFB (Disney Food Blog) also recently went and did several videos. Have fun!!
Are they? I just booked the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel booked for 1 night. in May. I can get it for two nights, later in our trip, but there is so much to see in Japan that we're just going for the flavor of Disney and hope we return in the future.

EDIT to add: I may need to book the Good Neighbor hotel just to crash one night...Will look into them, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter