Told Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is for Children Only?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you just contradicted yourself. It gets so booked up. . so to ME that sounds like the seats going to adults could EASILY be filled by little girls. It's not like these seats would be going empty if these adults didn't decide to partake by your description.
Very few adults get made up anyway. A lot of times it's a reservation only basis. And people (adults AND children) get turned away all day long. A lot of times, we're either on schedule or 10 or 15 minutes behind so even if an adult wasn't getting made up and a little girl came up, we wouldn't be able to take her. It doesn't matter anyway because Walt Disney wouldn't have wanted Disney World to be strictly for adults or children, he wanted everybody to come there and bring their inner child out and have a good time. So it doesn't matter. Just because you complain about adults being able to come in doesn't mean we're going to change it so it's kids only. So arguing isn't going to help.

Not at all tacky or looking like a drag queen!!! Just cute, cute, cute!!!

disney072.jpg
She's absolutely stunning. And she looks like she's having such a great time. I'm so happy for her.

It doesn't matter anyway because Walt Disney wouldn't have wanted Disney World to be strictly for adults or children, he wanted everybody to come there and bring their inner child out and have a good time. So it doesn't matter.

Actually, he built Disneyland so he could do things with his daughters. Not so he could bring out his "inner child". I doubt Walt would go get some hair extensions.

"What the country really needs is an amusement park that families can take their children to. I want to have a place that's as clean as anything could ever be, and all the people in it are first class citizens and treated like guests." Walt Disney

I am not sure that you can speak for MANY of the people here saying they would feel guilty. It would be more accurate to say that YOU would feel guilty and leave it at that. Unless you have done a poll or survey and can back up this statement it would be better for you to talk about how you would feel and not make assumptions on how other people would react.
This is why I said MANY and not most or specific numbers. Sorry if I'm giving people the benefit of the doubt that we're not all self-indulgent and only care about what makes us happy at all costs. I'd like to think that even though there's a lot of disagreement over this particular topic that everyone would take the opportunity to do even the smallest thing to make a child happy.

:rolleyes:

I disagree. The people who upset are the ones who are being insulted. I get it already what your opinion is. It is the way in which you and others state your opinions which is demeaning and belittling to others, and there is no justifing that, IMO, of course;)

They're only "insulted" because they're clearly defensive. There have been NO personal attacks that I've seen. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're hurling insults.

Some of these responsed by the *ahem* "attacked" have been so erratic that they're CLEARLY on the defensive and I wonder if a little part of them isn't feeling a little self-conscious and upset that someone is verbalizing their biggest "fear" when they're sitting in that chair.

Ya know - if no one's stopping them from making appointments and they want to go, my opinion isn't stopping them. . . but that doesn't trump my right to have that opinion in the first place.

Actually, he built Disneyland so he could do things with his daughters. Not so he could bring out his "inner child". I doubt Walt would go get some hair extensions.

I disagree. "Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the child's approach to life, they're the people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland everytime you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with the simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what it has brought them." Walt Disney

They're only "insulted" because they're clearly defensive. There have been NO personal attacks that I've seen. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're hurling insults.

Some of these responsed by the *ahem* "attacked" have been so erratic that they're CLEARLY on the defensive and I wonder if a little part of them isn't feeling a little self-conscious and upset that someone is verbalizing their biggest "fear" when they're sitting in that chair.

Ya know - if no one's stopping them from making appointments and they want to go, my opinion isn't stopping them. . . but that doesn't trump my right to have that opinion in the first place.

You sound a little defensive :rolleyes: yourself.

There may not have been clear cut personal attacks, however the tone has clearly been one of ridicule at times. That can not be denied. Snide aside remarks while not direct insults, ARE insults none the less. Laughing at people is insulting. Like I said a person has every right to an opinion, but there is a lot to be said for the way they express that opinion, and sarcastic comments aren't necessary to make a point or to state your opinion.

There may not have been clear cut personal attacks, however the tone has clearly been one of ridicule at times. That can not be denied. Snide aside remarks while not direct insults, ARE insults none the less. Laughing at people is insulting. Like I said a person has every right to an opinion, but there is a lot to be said for the way they express that opinion, and sarcastic comments aren't necessary to make a point or to state your opinion.

Snide comments have been on both sides of the argument. It's not going to stop until EVERYONE stops. . . and that's probably not going to happen until the thread dies because the tone has been set. The more this goes on, the more we're all getting set in our opinions. To claim one side is more "guilty" than another at this point is ridiculous - it's been hurling from both sides of the fence.

Nope, not at all. I LOVE a good debate (this one will have to do for now) If you were in my head as I was writing that (hate losing tone of voice online) I was very matter of fact.

I don't see any reason to debate...WDW allows adults to make appointments at the BBB and thats that. I read a lot of replies that are attacking adults for wanting to join in the fun...why do you care? Are you having to pay for it? Does it harm you in any way ? Make your trip less enjoyable ? If you want to go then by all means go....make an appointment ( just like I would have to do) and go. Seems pretty simple to me....

:thumbsup2

I guess she thought she would add some credibility. It honestly doesn't look like the same girl as in the pic though,KWIM?
Here's a message especially for you. Check out my new avatar. I don't dress like that on an everyday basis because I just like the style. I AM A FAIRY GODMOTHER IN TRAINING! I hate having to prove myself.

Here's a message especially for you. Check out my new avatar. I don't dress like that on an everyday basis because I just like the style. I AM A FAIRY GODMOTHER IN TRAINING! I hate having to prove myself.

Cripes. I thought both pics were definitely the same person. :confused3 You shouldn't feel like you have to prove anything.

Hopefully my little one and I will get to see you in person on 2/8!! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure how this discussion became a debate but the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board is for planning trips--not arguing.

If you would like to continue this discussion please post the topic on the Community Board. I'm going to close this now.

Katholyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter