Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Are you allowed to leave the Dessert Party and come back? For instance, if we wanted to arrive at our 9:00p reservation time, but Wishes doesn't start until 10:00p, could we enjoy the desserts and then leave to ride COP or some other nearby ride with a short wait, and then scoot back in just in time for Wishes to start? This would ensure that we got first pick of the desserts plus we'd not be wasting valuable ride time...you know, have our cake and eat it too?:thumbsup2

Are you allowed to leave the Dessert Party and come back? For instance, if we wanted to arrive at our 9:00p reservation time, but Wishes doesn't start until 10:00p, could we enjoy the desserts and then leave to ride COP or some other nearby ride with a short wait, and then scoot back in just in time for Wishes to start? This would ensure that we got first pick of the desserts plus we'd not be wasting valuable ride time...you know, have our cake and eat it too?:thumbsup2

Hello....

Yes, you can leave and come back. They'll put a band around your wrist, so you can come and go when wanted/needed. This is necessary as well in case anyone had to go to a rest room.

Hello....

Yes, you can leave and come back. They'll put a band around your wrist, so you can come and go when wanted/needed. This is necessary as well in case anyone had to go to a rest room.

Thanks, Hunclemarco! (Your thread has been great!!)

As others have said, yes you can get a wristband and leave (but NOT with any food, just an FYI)....but you don't need to worry about getting "first pick of the desserts" because they don't run out, they continually bring out fresh trays (and they're NOT huge so no worry about them melting or whatever).

But, you can do it however works best for your family!

Looking for advice. We will be heading to Disney next weekend and we have the dessert party scheduled for Wednesday, 10/1. This will be our second visit to Disney but our first time viewing wishes. Is the dessert party a good place for a first timer's view? I have heard mixed feedback. Also I am assuming we will not be able to watch the parade and make it to the party in time - correct? Thanks for any advice you guys can share!

Looking for advice. We will be heading to Disney next weekend and we have the dessert party scheduled for Wednesday, 10/1. This will be our second visit to Disney but our first time viewing wishes. Is the dessert party a good place for a first timer's view? I have heard mixed feedback. Also I am assuming we will not be able to watch the parade and make it to the party in time - correct? Thanks for any advice you guys can share!

I say yes (and yes). Yes, it's good for first-timers. You are not getting your first experience viewing Wishes with the castle directly in the middle as you would if you were standing on Main Street/in the Hub. But you are also not getting your first experience after having wasted 2-3 hours of park time staking out your spot and standing still (or getting stood upon by other people). Instead, you have a fun party atmosphere, a chance to sit (always a premium at WDW) and actually talk to your family group and process your day while sampling all sorts of little dessert items, and then getting a pretty good view of Wishes.

No, I would not try to watch the parade and then rush to the remaining half hour or less of the dessert party. Do the parade another night or skip it altogether if you must.

I say yes (and yes). Yes, it's good for first-timers. You are not getting your first experience viewing Wishes with the castle directly in the middle as you would if you were standing on Main Street/in the Hub. But you are also not getting your first experience after having wasted 2-3 hours of park time staking out your spot and standing still (or getting stood upon by other people). Instead, you have a fun party atmosphere, a chance to sit (always a premium at WDW) and actually talk to your family group and process your day while sampling all sorts of little dessert items, and then getting a pretty good view of Wishes.

No, I would not try to watch the parade and then rush to the remaining half hour or less of the dessert party. Do the parade another night or skip it altogether if you must.

Thanks! I was hoping to hear yes to the first question and I was afraid that it would be yes to the second question. I may try to go another night - they have an 11:00 parade on 10/4 and I've heard the second parade is not as crowded. One other question, can you see Tinker Bell from the party?

I have a question, in March there's only 6? Does that mean we can stay and wait for fire works?

Do you mean the only time offered is 6?
6 is just s placeholder time because the fireworks schedule is not finalized yet. The party starts 1 hour before the fireworks

Do you mean the only time offered is 6? 6 is just s placeholder time because the fireworks schedule is not finalized yet. The party starts 1 hour before the fireworks

Thanks! I was actually wondering the same thing lol. We are going in April and my booking time is next week so I was wondering y they have only been showing 6:00pm lol. I was very confused lol

I've read several posts that recommend either doing the early parade OR the dessert party on any given night. However, was just able to score a dessert party ressie on the only night we will be able to see the MSEP. We have a FP+ for the early parade, so I think we will be able to get over to the restaurant pretty easily once it passes the castle, but will we feel rushed at the party? I know seating is assigned, but want to make sure we will get our money's worth out of the party. The other option would be to cancel the parade FP and catch what we could from TT. The kids will never make it till the late parade. Thoughts??? TIA!

I've read several posts that recommend either doing the early parade OR the dessert party on any given night. However, was just able to score a dessert party ressie on the only night we will be able to see the MSEP. We have a FP+ for the early parade, so I think we will be able to get over to the restaurant pretty easily once it passes the castle, but will we feel rushed at the party? I know seating is assigned, but want to make sure we will get our money's worth out of the party. The other option would be to cancel the parade FP and catch what we could from TT. The kids will never make it till the late parade. Thoughts??? TIA!

I have not done the dessert party yet. We'll be doing it in March. However, I think they are replacing MSEP with a different parade. Maybe it's temporary. This could be your last chance to see it. If you haven't seen it before, it's really good. I would make it a priority. My impression is that you would miss out on some of the dessert time by seeing the parade, but that is just my impression from others on this board.

You cannot really see/enjoy the MSEP from the dessert party....the view is such that you will only really see the tops of the floats and glimpses of lights. Having seen MSEP "a million times" over the years, I am able to simply hear the music and catch a glimpse and get that happy feeling, but if you haven't seen it close up I would recommend making that a priority.

If the rumors that MSEP is going to be replaced (again) are true, all the more reason to make it a priority, in my humble opinion. Of course, it has been replaced a few times over the last 30+ years but always manages to make it's way back!

The party has reserved seats so it doesn't matter what time you arrive. You should still be able to grab plenty of desserts to munch on during the fireworks. I think most people are pretty much done eating by the time the fireworks start....much as you want, you really can only eat so much of these uber sweet treats, lol. They start clearing as soon as the fireworks are finished, though some people still go up a grab a handful to go. You won't get the relax and talk time to much on your desserts, but you should still be able to get your fill.

Thanks for the responses regarding MSEP. Has anyone watched the parade from in front of the Plaza, and if so, is it pretty crowded there? Thinking maybe we can check in around 830, grab a few desserts, head down to see the parade, then head back up for another snack or two before the fireworks start. Would this be do-able? Or would I drive myself crazy with all that running around? Just trying to find a way I can (literally) have my cake and eat it too!

Thanks for the responses regarding MSEP. Has anyone watched the parade from in front of the Plaza, and if so, is it pretty crowded there? Thinking maybe we can check in around 830, grab a few desserts, head down to see the parade, then head back up for another snack or two before the fireworks start. Would this be do-able? Or would I drive myself crazy with all that running around? Just trying to find a way I can (literally) have my cake and eat it too!

It is incredibly crowded during the parade everywhere on main street. This includes the area around the Plaza. You would need to arrive early to secure a spot.

So, a bit confused. I've been to the dessert party before and we've arrived about an hour before Wishes. My 180-day window opens this week and out of curiosity I decided to check and see what was available in April as of today. I am seeing a 6:30 and 7:00 reservation. When I called the CM told me that the dessert party has changed. She said that you show up at 6:30 and eat dessert, leave, and then return before Wishes. Has anyone been recently and can you verify this change? We really enjoyed eating our dessert later in the evening last time. Thanks in advance!

I went on September 8th and it was arrive an hour before for desserts and then stay for fireworks viewing and wishes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter