Tony's Town Square - back on our list

Kimosabe

DIS Veteran
We went to Tony's several years ago and thought it was OK, but nothing to put on our "must do" list, especially considering all the other options on property. After a few years of seeing very mixed reviews, we gave our kids a few choices of MK dining last week, and when Tony's came up, our youngest (10) asked if that was the Lady and the Tramp place...and so our decision was made. I've got to admit...we rather enjoyed it. We had fried zucchini fries as an appetizer and then the chicken bianco flatbread, the eggplant "stack" and the chicken parmesan among four of us. Not only was it more than enough food, but the food was really quite good. On this particular day, the chicken was much thicker than I would have expected (based on prior reviews)...the flatbread was unique and tasty (chicken, pancetta, little sweet tomatoes and a bed of arugula over the top)...and the eggplant serving was huge (and good).

We even opted for dessert -- cheesecake (mainly so my kids could "ooh" and "ahh" at the chocolate Lady and the Tramp stenciled on the plate, but the cheesecake was great, too) and tiramisu (served as more of a scoop than a slab/slice, but I'm OK with alternate serving approaches, and it was also really good).

All in all, Tony's is back on our list, especially for MK days. I'll be quick to acknowledge that I would still rather hit Via Napoli or Il Mulino on the average day, but in a pinch, if we're in the MK and not wanting to leave to eat, Tony's turned out to be a good choice. I have no doubt a particular guest might have a bad experience for one reason or another, but it was a good reminder to me that we have to take the "oh, that was horrible" reviews with a proverbial grain of salt.

Good to know! Great review.. We have a reservation there for April & I will have to tell my hubby to have the cheesecake (his favorite!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter