Top 10 scary movies.

I wouldn't call it a horror movie but, I just watched "The Shipping News" that movie was wierd with lots of gory stuff here and there.

I like some Asian horror like The Ring and The Eye.

Growing up I thought Poltergeist was the scariest movie ever! So, I showed it to my 17 year old boys the other day. They liked it, but it didn't keep them awake nights like it did me. :rotfl: That skinny ghost guarding the bedroom- :scared1:

Another favorite is The Others! That is one you have to watch several times at least!

List your top 5 scary movies! :happytv:

Here is my list to start! :scared1:

3: the orphan
QUOTE]

So the Orphan was on last night and I watched it, b/c you had it on your list. Oh My God!! That girl was seriously crazy. I do not know how she did not get nominated for an oscar. She was such a good actress. The end was definitely not what I was anticipating!

uh yeah orphan will make you not want a kid!! RFLOL .. i have seen it at least 3 times, its a good movie, and its not what you think either!

i love the others!!! that is also one with a twist

there is one i know of, no one has said it yet, "mary janes baby"..that is a classic!!!

i love the others!!! that is also one with a twist;)

there is one i know of, no one has said it yet, "rosemary's baby"..that is a classic!!!:scared1::eek::woohoo:

I like some Asian horror like The Ring and The Eye.

Growing up I thought Poltergeist was the scariest movie ever! So, I showed it to my 17 year old boys the other day. They liked it, but it didn't keep them awake nights like it did me. :rotfl: That skinny ghost guarding the bedroom- :scared1:

Another favorite is The Others! That is one you have to watch several times at least!

Oh yes! The Others is one of my favorites too. :) I had it figured out well before the end tho. lol I really liked it.

1. Signs
2. Shining
3. Alien
4. Aliens
5. Misery

Signs is really good, as is the Shining!

Oh yes! The Others is one of my favorites too. :) I had it figured out well before the end tho. lol I really liked it.

Signs is really good, as is the Shining!

I love Signs! I gotta say when those aliens are making those scratchy noises trying to get into the house I was about to pass out. That one scared me way more than Sixth Sense which to me was more suspensful than scary.

Movies don't really scare me anymore. That being said there were 2 that scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid:
Salem's Lot
Amityville Horror.

This is fun as Halloween is coming up soon whether we like it or not and I seemed to have lost my scary movie best of list since I transferred stuff to this new computer. I quickly compiled some of my favorites, subject to afterthought and editing of course. These may not technically scare me but they have elements of the genre that I like-- we are huge on Halloween, not the shock gore element but the spooky, more traditional and paranormal elements. It's fun.

1408 Stephen King, John Cusak
Shadow of the Vampire (2000) John Malkovich
Sweeney Todd
The Host –2006 South Korean monster movie—it is so fun…really good.http://www.hostmovie.com/
Mary Reilly- John Malkovich Julia Roberts
Donnie Darko
6th Sense I love m. night shyamalan—really don’t’ care about how ‘cool’ it is to hate him
Mothman Prophesies Richard Gere, Laura Linney
The Haunting (Ok I like the remake with Liam Neeson, Lili Taylor,Catherine Zeta Jones and Owen Wilson—but, mostly just for the house itself…) http://www.flickr.com/photos/96077146@N00/767782789/

Silence of the Lambs
28 Days Later
Pans Labyrinth-If you’ve never seen this you probably should, beautiful cinematography http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

Cloverfield
The Shining
The Ring
The Others
Stephen King’s Rose Red
Open water (Indie shark involved movie)

Mostly Halloween:
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow-- Johnny Depp & Tim Burton-- always a good combination
Nightmare Before Christmas
Garfields Halloween (ok it's just a special but it's the best
Beetlejuice
Corpse Bride
Phantom of the Opera
Frankenstein--all of the Boris Karloff
Dracula-- Bela Lugosi
The Wolfman (1941)
Addams Family & Addams Family Values
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Hocus Pocus
Creature From the Black Lagoon

Hands down Glitter. Have you seen Mariah Carey try to act? :scared1: Yeah that movie was plain horrifying!!!! :lmao:
The Ring scared me to death. But honestly Requiem for a Dream did a real number on me. That movie disturbed my sleep for ages. Carrie is just plain funny to me. I miss the horror part unless you count John Travolta's acting.

Hands down Glitter. Have you seen Mariah Carey try to act? :scared1: Yeah that movie was plain horrifying!!!! :lmao:

No, didn't see that. The movie poster was scary enough for me. :rotfl:

I'm in the middle of The Langoliers right now. Not exactly scary but interesting.

I forgot about Sleepy Hollow that someone mentioned. That movie is scary with some humor parts mixed in.

I just remembered this one, don't know if it's scary or gross or what. You tell me.

Hostel Part I/II

I don't like gory stuff just for shock value and all of that. I like movies that hold my interest because they have a story.

But there are some that disturb me more than others, like The Exorcist!! To this day I am still uncomfortable - and always have been - watching The Exorcist. It is very unsettling.

I like many of the things already mentioned here -

The Ring
The Others (excellent)
The Sixth Sense (except I saw that twist coming from a mile away)
Poltergeist
The Omen (preferably the original version and not the remake)
Open Water
Burnt Offerings

Most Stephen King mini-series, like The Stand, Rose Red and Storm of the Century - with the guy who kept saying, "Give me what I want and I'll go away."

This is more a thriller than a horror movie, but I love Fatal Attraction!

I also really enjoyed The Blair Witch Project - again, something is very unsettling about the very end, when the kid is standing with his face in the corner! Creepy!!

And, for those of you who want a really good TV show that is sometimes scary, usually bloody and just an overall great show, watch TRUE BLOOD!!! Not only is it addictive, but the guy who plays vampire Eric is sssssssmokin' hot!!!

And an honorable mention to a creepy, cheesy show from the past, courtesy of Rod Serling (who made Twilight Zone) - called NIght Gallery!! That was some good stuff - killer dolls, killer statues, witches, all kinds of goodies!!

The movie that really scared me was Stephen Kings "It." That clown scared me. :scared1: Interestingly, there wasn't really that much violence. It's just....that clown........! :eek: Yeesh!

Other than that, the movies that scare me the most are not supernatural movies, but movie that display the horrible things that people can do to one another. "Silence of the Lambs" and movies like that REALLY scare me! Those are the types of movies that make me double check the locks on my door each night. :eek:

I don't like gory stuff just for shock value and all of that. I like movies that hold my interest because they have a story.

But there are some that disturb me more than others, like The Exorcist!! To this day I am still uncomfortable - and always have been - watching The Exorcist. It is very unsettling.

I like many of the things already mentioned here -

The Ring
The Others (excellent)
The Sixth Sense (except I saw that twist coming from a mile away)
Poltergeist
The Omen (preferably the original version and not the remake)
Open Water
Burnt Offerings

Most Stephen King mini-series, like The Stand, Rose Red and Storm of the Century - with the guy who kept saying, "Give me what I want and I'll go away."

This is more a thriller than a horror movie, but I love Fatal Attraction!

I also really enjoyed The Blair Witch Project - again, something is very unsettling about the very end, when the kid is standing with his face in the corner! Creepy!!

And, for those of you who want a really good TV show that is sometimes scary, usually bloody and just an overall great show, watch TRUE BLOOD!!! Not only is it addictive, but the guy who plays vampire Eric is sssssssmokin' hot!!!

And an honorable mention to a creepy, cheesy show from the past, courtesy of Rod Serling (who made Twilight Zone) - called NIght Gallery!! That was some good stuff - killer dolls, killer statues, witches, all kinds of goodies!!

The Exorcist I can't watch either, although someday I'd like to give it a try again...
I love any Stephen King miniseries-- just watched The Langoliers on the sci fi--they were running a marathon on it a few weeks ago, liked it. I loved The Stand. I've been watching Haven on the scify channel lately it's an hour show based on The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. I like it, it's been getting mediocre reviews though. It's on Friday nights here at 10pm.
I love the old Twilight zones and my husband has every episode of Night gallery on dvd. I think we also have twilight zones on dvd but what I have watched are ones he recorded on vhs.
Oops I gotta go edit--I forgot Sweeney Todd ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter