Top 5 dumbest things said at the Disney-MGM Studios

:crazy: :rolleyes:

While on the bus going from MK to MGM, my husband and I overheard another dad telling his wife and kids that they were heading to MGM, but would return to WDW later in the day.

:earseek:

LOL I over hear that all the time. The four parks are EPCOT, MGM, AK, and of course, WDW! I love it. :)

Those questions are pretty stupid! The stupidest one is the one about the 3 o'clock parade.

I've heard people asking when the rain will stop. Kyle, I love that CM's reply (calling control centre to ask them to turn it off) that made me LOL.:D

Quite often you hear people referring to MK as WDW or Disney. I think it just goes back the days when there was only MK.
What I recall the most was standing in line for Test Track, going into the control room que. The guy in front of us was telling his wife this ride didn't move. ;):jester:
And I got a chuckle form a UK mother and her two young children at Starring Rolls. The young boy was looking all over the pastry cases and said, "No sausages!?" :D

Luv2Roam-

Thats it exactly. Up until 1982 WDW was just the Magic Kingdom. So when we were going to WDW, we were going to the Magic Kingdom. EPCOT was a different park :)

I suppose old habits are hard to break. So, let me make sure I understand this.. there are 4 parks.. EPCOT, MGM, Animal Kingdom and WDW :)

Yea....I can understand referring to MK as WDW!
But when people call it "DisneyLAND"
Now that drives me CRAZY!!!

I just thought of another one I heard a few years ago. On my 7yo DD first trip to MK, we were standing watching the log going down the big hill of Splash Mountain. I was trying to convince her to go on it.
Next to us was a family also watching. The dad says "Now this is the ride that actually goes UNDER WATER!! And you can see the fish and everything!" He was serious!!! And the rest of the family believed him!!!

SO....THEN....My DD scared to death.....says "Is he right???? But there is nothing covering you! How long do you have to hold your breath??"
It took alot of convincing to get her to believe you DON'T go under water!!!
Obviously the man was confused with 20,000 Leagues!

We just got back and I heard a couple of good ones...

A woman and some kids met up with their group after Splash Mountain and she told them all that they sing that song "Skip A Dee Doo Dah" in there.

Saw massive confusion about Fastpass - people just don't get it. They are either mad because they got in the stand by line and you are just walking on by with your fastpass or they are trying to get fastpasses when they already have one and cannot figure out why the machine is giving them that "not a valid fastpass" ticket.

Heard a man asking at the WL bus stop if they would also get a Universal bus here.

Also heard alot of misinformation - like a family going to the TTC to get the Port Orleans bus. Good luck!

A family talking about taking the monorail to Downtown Disney.

Heard in Epcot (Not MGM, sorry). A little boy was asking his mom why Spaceship Earth was built. And she said "they built it just to prove that they could build something like that." And then as they passed by she turned to her husband and said, "Is there a ride in there?"

I couldn't make that up!

Last Year walking past the street that leads from the Hunchback Theater to the New York Street, I overheard a woman ask her daughters, "Do people really live here?" I hope she was joking.

I heard someone ask that same question "Do people really live here?" on Main Street USA. :D

Last December at MGM we overheard a young boy with a very British accent ask "Mummy, where's Harry Potter? Are we going to see him now?"

My neghbor had asked for help in planning her first trip to WDW. After giving her all my resources and guides and telling her about the dis and how to get good resort rates she informs me I don't know anything. Her cousiin works at TDS and can get her a room for free!

You go girl!!

I remember being at MGM once and hearing a wife ask her husband if they "really dropped you" on ToT, he said "no, people would get hurt, it's just a simulator, I've been on it before" I laughed. I remember also sitting outside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground and hearing someone told their partner that this is where they filmed all of the movie. I also heard some kind in line for RnR once trying to sound cool to his friend and say that "RnR was the fastest coaster in the world, and the reason it was inside a building was so when the coaster broke the speed barrier the boom wouldn't be heard all over the park." The other kid was like, "really? Cool."

My DH loves to tell a joke and make people laugh. In all seriousness, as we were departing Epcot WS via International Gateway, my DH asks the CMs which one is the Swan (in plain view of the icons!). Two of the CMs got it that my DH was joking, while a third seriously answered the question. He, too, got a chuckle when he realized DH was pulling his leg. However, we realize CMs can't always laugh, as you never know when a guest may be serious.

This past trip, I had two people ask me about fastpass. They thought you had to have a special ticket or pay extra to use it. When I said, "no, just put in your ticket", you would think I just gave them Christmas presents...they were so excited.;)

Sharon

As we were exiting Osbounre Lights, a man and his family were looking at the large "Happy New Year, 2002" display. The man says "Who are the Osbourne's? Do they own Disney now?" The poor man was being very serious and my girls and I were trying very hard not to laugh! :D

Hmmm.....the silliest questions I got while I worked there....

1) what time is the 3 o'clock parade

2) where is tommorowland....as they stand there right at Alien Encounter and see me in my costume that says TOMMOROWLAND INDY SPEEDWAY

3) how do you get out of the park....as they stand at Cinderella's castle looking down Main Street

4) how much more rain are we going to get...I'd answer...I'll have to get back to you on that....the Tomorrowland Techs aren't communicating with me today

5)What's the wait time on this ride...as they look dead at the sign that says 30 MINUTES FROM THIS POINT...and then look to me for the "REAL" answer :jester:

Pretty amazing huh??

~~~Denise

I overheard two ladies in MGM.... they were standing near Hollywood & Vine, trying to get their bearings with the park map when one lady pointed to the middle of the map and said "I wonder where this big Sorceror's hat is..."

:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter