Top 5 dumbest things said at the Disney-MGM Studios

It just goes to show that not everyone is as knowledgeable about WDW as those of us who are obsessed with it (and I'm proud to be so obsessed). We shouldn't be too judgemental about people who ask those dumb questions, either. Think of it as an additional source of entertainment. People can be very funny if you take them in stride. It's when they turn obnoxious with their stupidity we can suggest they stay on the monorail for four laps and it will get them to Universal on the fifth...

I was wearing a Purple Imagineers Shirt, that was given to me by a friend, on my last trip in Feb. I also had my Pin Lanyard on, and I had a few people come up to me and Ask ME where restrooms, attractions etc. were!;) I directed them to the areas and told them to have a nice day!:o

The same thing happens to me because I wear my Guest of Honor badge. Everyone assumes I am a CM, even though it's red instead of white. A lot of people don't realize they're for sale for everyone. :)

ROFLMAO*
These are too funny.
During our last trip,we went to Alien Encounter and about six seats down from us,near the end of the row,was a family of four.The two kids looked to be about 8 and maybe 6 or 7.Mom totally flips when the harnesses come down over the shoulders and tries to slip out in the darkness,audibly cussing when she bangs her knees on the seat in front of her.When the alien gets loose and starts running around,she REALLY freaks because she can't get out and the kids are screaming and crying.She turns to her DH and asks what to do.I can hear him telling her there's nothing they CAN do but wait till everything is all over.Mom clearly does NOT like this answer.DH and I are watching her,giggling to ourselves and thinking how stupid she was to bring her kids into this particular attraction.I remember thinking "way to go mom!Way to traumatize your kids for life." After the show is over and the harnesses lift off,MOm grabs both kids and HAULS them out of the theatre as fast as she can.Both kids are screaming and crying their heads off.On our way out,we notice mom has bought them suckers and each one has a stuffed "Skippy' doll in their hands.DH and I just laughed at the stupidity of the mother and the idiocy of the father for going along with her.I mean,geez people.They warned you when you went in that it wasn't suitable for small children.:rolleyes:
Ursula

UrsulasDaBomb.....I actually feel bad for that woman and her family. YES, it does warn them.....but.....if the kids were around 8 and they really didn't know what they were in for. It was quite a surprise.
Unless you've seen it yourself, you really don't know!!!:eek:

I really had no idea what to expect when we first went on Countdown to Extiction!! :eek:
My DD was 8 at the time and really had no fear of any other rides, etc......WELL......She was screaming and crying like I had never seen before!!
So I really do feel for them.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tiggerlover91
5)What's the wait time on this ride...as they look dead at the sign that says 30 MINUTES FROM THIS POINT...and then look to me for the "REAL" answer :jester:

Actually, the posted wait times are not always accurate, as you well know. I was just there, and it was almost midnight (park closing) and the Buzz Lightyear sign said "55 minutes," and we wanted to go on Space Mt again, so i asked the CMs standing there if it was really 55 mins. She said, "no, it's actually less than 10 minutes." so that's not really a stupid question at all...

Same thing happened to me all my last trip. I was wearing khaki slacks and polo shirts the entire trip as I have dumped a large portion of my wardrobe and invested in more conservative clothing. I kept getting asked all sorts of questions.

All the FastPass wait time signs have to be changed by PC from a remote location, which sometimes takes longer than we'd like, so during parades and late at night, they can be inaccurate. During the day, and at attractions without FastPass, the posted waits are (generally) quite accurate.

MY FAVORITE FROM A FEW YEARS AGO WAS OVERHEARD AT THE END OF THE DAY FROM A WEARY MOTHER WHO SAID, "STOP THAT OR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU. THEN I'LL GO TO JAIL AND YOU WILL BE AN ORPHAN"

Gram, that is too funny. You can just feel the frustration of a long day at the park.
Wonder if she thought about what she said later?? :rolleyes:

My favorites are the "lost my head when I got off the plane" things. Universal confusion is ok, but those are teh best. The "when is the rain going to end" is good. Love the riding SM all day thing. Great.

I hear alot of "How much does Fastpass cost and things like that" also I'm in the singles line om Test Track and the parents of some kid always asks the CM if they can stay with thier kid!! I mean duh Singles line! Also I heard someone say that buzz was a motion simulator.

She always says "Disney" for MK. And every time I say, you mean Magic Kingdom? And she says, no...Disney.

It drives me nuts!

She's always confused about which park is which....she's been there about 10 times and she's still confused.

And don't even get me started about her Universal/IOA confusion.

My favorite question is one my DH asks when we go into a gift shop in MK...just to see the CM's reaction "Do you sell Mickey Mouse stuff here?"

He thinks he's a comedian.

When we were at RnR my brother got a little silly. We were standing in that area where Aerosmith comes and "talks" to you. My brother says really loud, dead serious "Whoa! Is that really Aerosmith, live in person???" And my cousin, playing with the joke says just as serious "I think it is!!!" My brother replies with "That's so cool! I can't wait to tell all my friends!" I can only imagine what the people standing next to us thought........ :)

When I was there all of CM's would go to a park and eventually we would mess with people like that Aerosmith thing. We did some funny but stupid things. Walt wouldn't have been proud :( but your only young once.:D

A family talking about taking the monorail to Downtown Disney

Could be that they were confusing the two "DisneyLANDs". At the one in California, the monorail does stop at DTD.

I have to give credit to the CMs though. It has to get frustrating. I remember getting on the bus at MGM once to go back to MK and the guy ahead of me asked the age old question "Does this bus go to Disneyworld?". The poor driver must have heard that so many times because he took a deep breath, his eyes glazed over, and he calmly explained that they were already at WDW, and that the bus was going to MK. The guy in front of me seemed a bit confused but got on and sat down :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

These are absolutely brilliant!!!

I think there is still a LOT of confusion about Fast Pass EVEN though there is info. everywhere to help people understand.

Last December I was in the line for Space Mountain and we were well inside the star tunnel and the wait was about 100mins. There was a large group of boys aged about 16 or so behuind me in the line. Everytime someone walked past in the fast pass line they wouldget all disgruntled and discuss jumping over the barrier.

I think then someone mentioned to them that those people had fast passes and that was why they were moving to the front.

When the next lot of fast pass people came by the guys stating asking them "How much?" I thought at first they were asking how much did it cost to get those fast passes and I was about to inform them that they are free when I realised that they were trying to BUY the fast passes off of the people walking by!!!!!

I was soooooooooooooo funny!!! The people were just looking at them like "eeehhh??????". I couldn't do anything except laugh but eventually one of the fast pass holders set them straight. It was hilarious!

People kept thinking I was a cast member too because of my guest of honour badge. Even though I had been standing behind them in the line for BTMRR for an hour, wearing my ordinary clothes :D :D :D :D .

Ona

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter