• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Three Bottom of the Pit Restraunts

1. Dinner at Cinderella Royal Table. Rude Rude Rude and the food was mediocre and expensive, and I did mention RUDE. This is our never again place.
2. Hollywood and Vine. Used to love this restaurant, then it changed.
3. Tony's Town Square we have ate there twice, no taste and expensive.

1)Whispering Canyon Cafe; horrible food and rude service. I was prepared for the noise and it wouldn't have bothered me so much if not combined with the food and service issues. I'd never, ever go back here.

2)Cinderella's Royal Table; the experience of eating in the castle is nice to cross of your list, and I did enjoy the decor and characters. Service was also pretty good, but the FOOD itself was terrible. I much prefer the average meal at Pecos Bill's to what we got at CRT.

3)1900 Park Fare; bad food (breakfast, which is almost impossible to mess up IMO!), rushed, rude service...if not for one AMAZING interaction with a fantastic, spirited Mad Hatter, this would probably rank as my worst Disney dining experience ever.

I only have one that turned me off....not sure I will return...

Tusker House....food was not fresh and the service was terrible. Maybe I got there on a bad day, but I was really disappointed.

My bottom three:

1) Tony's town square. How they can call this good Italian food with a straight face is beyond me. Sauce is jar sauce at best. Servers were really nice though

2)Hollywood and vine: buffet was cold
3) Le Cellier: high price, low quality. any time the bread and the soup is the best part of a steak dinner, Houston we have a problem. Not a terrible meal just seriously overrate, after all the reviews where people said it was "the best steak" they ever ate I had my lips all set.

Honorary mention!! PIZZA PLANET! Do the little green men from Toy story make this stuff on their planet and ship it in?

Like others have said, we have eaten at a lot of restaurants at disney. There are few that are GREAT and a few that are AWFUL. I can honestly say there is only one restaurant i will never return to and that is the ABC commissary. We did not like the Garden Grill at all. We thought the food was practically inedible. With that said we LOVE flank steak but ours was cold and practically raw. So we asked for it cooked more and it came back dry and burnt. The fried catfish was cold, asked for it again heated, and it was mushy and gross. Maybe it was a bad night, i don't know but i can't imagine going back there. However it was so bad that i wouldn't give it another chance.

Garden Grill was amazing, at least last Friday. We all had seconds and it was one of our very favorite meals and a must-do for us from now on.

Basing my experience solely on the FOOD (not ambiance, servers, character interaction etc):

In third place: Brown Derby. I booked the Fantasmic package here, and it just wasn't worth the cost. Nothing bad happened, the food was ooohkay, but just not worth the price and therefore a disappointment.
In second place: Captn' Jack. I was really dying to have some seafood, and this place disappointed to the core.
In first place: Hollywood and Vine for lunch. I am not picky, I swear. I eat everything. So it is a real testament to H&V's unique cooking style that I prcatically didn't eat anything here. Cold, congealed, poor choices, strange combinations. So disappointing.

I think it's important to realize that we all have different tastes. I have never ate at a Disney restaurant that I consider inedible. A lot of the places that pp have listed as horrible & they would never go back are some of our favorites. We have eaten some places that we would not go back to, but we just didn't like them.

My 3 are
1900 PF dinner. Food was horrible, table was crammed into what seemed like a hallway where everyone that was waiting for GFC would run into to take pics of the characters. Service was horrible and the characters really rushed through our table yet spent a lot of time with others who were sitting around us.

Teppen Edo so not impressed. We have 2 local places like it that are 100xs better. Didn't help that we waited over an past our ADR time to be seated. It was Christmas week so it wasn't like we had many other choices plus the kids really wanted to try it. Our 8pm ADR which we arrived 20 min early for had us leaving Japan at 11pm.

Trex. The place is cool to look at but thats it. I felt like a sardine. The tables are so close the wait staff kept hitting our chairs. Plus the food was just so so.

1.lotus blossum. Gross.
2. pizza planet
3.i can't really think of a third. I guess I don't feel the need to eat at WCC again but it was in no way bad.

would eat here every time if I could
1.boma
2.LTT dinner
3.T-rex

#1) Tony's Town Square
#2) Cape May Cafe [dinner]
#3) Hollywood & Vine

no need to go back to any of them..life's too short to eat bad food!

We went for our first trip a few weeks ago. I have to say that I was seroiusly let down by many of the restaurants. We were on the DxDP so we tried a bunch of them.

Part of my let down was probably due to high expectations, especially with the 'hyped' ones. Here are my bottom three (in no particular order):

1. Le Cellier: My filet was nothing special at all. My kids both had the kid's meal steak and less than half of it was 'edible'. The rest was full of fat and gristle. Service was great, but I would not go back here for the food.

2. CRT-Lunch: I thought the food was not good at all. I know I'm 'paying' for the whole experience, but still the Major Domo's pie was bland and tasteless. The appetizer plate was a joke. Our waitress wasn't very good either. My DD really wanted a 'hot pink' wand and all the other servers had lots of them for their tables. When we asked our server for one she replied 'they are hard to find' and gave DD a light pink one. What a copt out! We just went to another server who was happy to give DD the color she wanted. I know that is really petty, but still didn't make for a very 'magical' experience.

3. Cape May dinner: I found the crab legs to be 'soggy' and the mussels way overcooked (I mean just rubbery). I wasn't too impressed with the other choices either. Now I must disclaim that this was one of my kids favorites, but only because of the desserts. They were getting really tired of the 'kid's sundae' from the non-buffet restaurants. So the Cape May dessert buffet was a real treat for them.

Wont go back to:
1Sci fi we all felt ill afterwards
2 Ohana, boring and had blah food with too many little kids running around
3 the Brewery restaurant on the Boardwalk( can't think of the name)..lousy food

Right now we only have two: Chef Mickey's and Akershus. We weren't impressed with the food at Chef Mickey's or Akershus. Akershus had slow service too.

1. Mama Melrose- Probably the only restaurant I refuse to ever go to again.

2. CRT lunch- Not very good and not worth the price.

3. ABC Commissary- The worst CS in all the world.

I've got to put a postive spin on this reply and say that we have been very pleased with 95% of our dining experiences at the World, including many of the bottom 3 restaurants other posters have named.:thumbsup2

My "bottom" three would be:

1. Wolfgang Puck (express AND cafe) Westside-- very, very rude staff and manager (and this was from several visits for several years). The food is good, but the staff and manager make this place unbearable.

2. Good's to Go-- Honestly, this is the WORST counter service restaurant on property. The selection is horrible, and many of the staff are unfriendly. I with OKW (and I am an owner) would wisen up a bit!

3. Yakatori House (emphasize YAK!)-- This may be unfair. I became violently ill after eating there two years ago, and have not been able to eat there since. I was sick for about 3 days!

Mama Melrose - 2 of us got food poisoning! Way to ruin a trip!

Sci Fi Theater at Dinner - Horrible food. They knew it was bad and brought us several different dinners and none were edible.

Only 2 come to mind for me.

1-The take out place for Yak & Yeti, The honey/orange chicken was just plain ole gross.

2-I thought Nine Dragons would be better, I was wrong. On top of that the service was just bad.

I agree....I was so excited to try the counter Yak and Yeti. We were so disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter