Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

right but with the issues they are having and wanting to save money I would not be surprised if they move that way. especially if we cant find any job postings
I’m not sure it’s as easy as that. But maybe

I feel really lucky hearing so many horror stories. I called last Saturday afternoon and only waited around 45 minutes to speak to someone. I wanted to add one day on to our stay. I don’t understand why it’s not an option to do it yourself. I did the same for our hotel for Universal and was able to make the quick change myself.

I do think something was malfunctioning with their phone system when I was calling though. It kept repeating the leave a call back number press 1 or stay on the line press 2 every 30 seconds.. I had to just sit there doing that the whole time. Then when ”we estimate your call will be answered in less than 10 minutes kept repeating over and over and over without a break when I got close.” So… shorter wait time, but they held me hostage to the phone lol

I have called and the wait has been under 30 minutes and over 2 hours. Agree that its frustrating. Not sure it will improve.
The secret is to call during a less popular time. Good luck.

I wanted to add one day on to our stay. I don’t understand why it’s not an option to do it yourself.
In general, yes you can do that yourself online. Most of the time, if you have to call, it is because you booked with a special rate that is no longer available for that date, or something similar, and at that point they are need a guest services override.

I was on hold for 4 hours this morning. Savi's Workshop wasn't showing the date I wanted as an option. Although, it was for dining reservations. So, not something I could do online. I thought it was because it was an experience and not dining. But, she checked and no one had reservations for that day So, they just hadn't loaded those days yet.

Tried calling just now and got stuck in an infinite loop of "Press 1 for a callback, press 2 to continue to hold for 28 minutes". I pressed 2 over and over for 10 minutes straight and never actually got into the call queue. Their phone system must be buckling under the stress... fingers crossed I actually get a call back!

I called them a couple months ago. I kind of understand the long wait. Not really but let us know the wait time as soon as we call. You go through lots of steps just to get the wait time. Too long 167 minutes I just hung up.
did the chat on the app got back to me in 12 hours lol.

I have been on hold for more than 4 hours.
I was at 2 hours when my first call was dropped and had to call them again. I'm beyond frustrated because neither the site nor the app will allow me to book dining reservations past my first day despite the fact that I'm staying onsite the whole time.

In general, yes you can do that yourself online. Most of the time, if you have to call, it is because you booked with a special rate that is no longer available for that date, or something similar, and at that point they are need a guest services override.

Strange. No special rates here… it’s just a Little Mermaid room at the end of next August. Hmm.. wonder what it could be. They had availability and were able to make the change quickly once I talked to someone.

Strange. No special rates here… it’s just a Little Mermaid room at the end of next August. Hmm.. wonder what it could be. They had availability and were able to make the change quickly once I talked to someone.

My room similarly couldn't be changed online because I was in the "Standard Package" and now they only have the "Standard Package"... Which must have a different underlying rate-code in spite of being named the same thing.

Anyway, in the callback queue yesterday afternoon, I got my call in about 15 minutes, so that was nice. And they were able to sort out my change (dropping tickets from my package) in about 10 minutes on the phone. Hooray!

A four hour wait wouldn't be so bad if you didn't actually have to wait on hold. A callback four-hours later would be fine.

Also, skrimpflation is the only reason for a giant company like Disney to not have fully-staffed phone customer service. Phone work is something that can be done from home and there are a ton of people that would rather work from home. The job requirements could be 1) planned a Disney vacation and 2) comfortable on the computer. They could have the at-home new hires doing the Level 1 stuff that customers should be able to do themselves if Disney IT weren't a joke. Stuff like making reservations that we can't do on the site for whatever reason, changing names on reservations. Anything beyond them could be passed to the experienced people who wouldn't be bogged down with the low-level stuff.

The frustration is out of control. Guests having to wait for hours just to have a question answered!
I experienced this a couple weeks ago.... I finally got someone on the line after multiple calls over the course of a week and then 2 1/2 hour wait. I was to the point of wanting to cancel the trip and head to Universal! I also expressed this to the cast member.... she tried to be understanding but I could also hear the frustration in her voice. She actually was super great!
I did end up emailing guest services regarding my experience and have not heard back yet.
But....
I am really tired of all the excuses.... They simply need to get someone in there that can handle the limited staffing and multiple issues created by everything we have been through.
There is not some magical thing going to happen that will increase the staff. They need to figure out how to work smarter!

Disney has the resources to figure this out... they are just getting lazy and want to use excuses instead of fixing things!
First..... FIX the Disney web site! FIX My Disney Experience!! so that it can handle everything it is supposed to do without crashing every 20 minutes!
Second .... Move the staff around to cover the areas that need the most help! Get smart about staffing!!

I also work for a company that is "short-staffed" but we no longer call it that!! and will not use that as an excuse. This is the new normal for staffing companies that such as retail and food service. You need to be smart about where to put your people! You need to take care of your customers!
They really need to question some of what they do! We have all seen it in the parks! Do they really need to have 8 people holding a rope to each land at MK?? They need half that! They can take 4 of those cast members and train them to answer the phone.... or better yet.... Drive the trams in the parking lot!!!
Some of the things they do are just ridiculous....

The leadership has gone down.... The decisions they are making don't make sense.
Everyone needs to email Disney and express the frustrations!

Sorry.... didn't mean to rant and I guess I got carried away... still frustrated!

Have done both this week—universal is NO better. Didn’t try to call but long lines at guest services and plenty of staffing issues there too.

If it helps, I got up early and started calling as soon as they opened at 7 AM.
I got someone within two minutes.
I had called later in the day a few days before that.
I tried two days in a row and waited over an hour each time and never got anyone.

I just called Disney about an hour ago (a few minutes before 10 pm EST), and was given a wait time of 9 minutes, but waited less than 5. I canceled a resort reservation and paid off another one, and chatted with the very friendly CM for a couple of minutes. My entire call time was less than 17 minutes! After reading about everyone else's long hold times, I was dreading making the call, so I'm really pleased with how easy it was!

Just wait till you get to wdw and you have to wait 90 min for jungle cruise.. ( running joke this trip about why anyone would wait that long...) I think I waited about 2 hours one day on hold than got transfered than hung up on.. called a few days later and only waited 45 min. I feel ya
That was kind of the point-bringing some humor into the park, no?

on topic-I had one daythat was like 6-8 hours. During that time I called Verizon. They had a 4 hour hold but set up a call back, was able to complete all that and still had my other phone on hold on speaker with Disney for a whole movie + more. And I just solved it. Trying to force you to watch more Disney+ Maybe recording what’s being said and done during hold time to help improve Disney+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter