Touring plan for Disneyland AND CA Adventure?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
Is there a place I can get a touring plan which will highlight the "must see" attractions of Disneyland and California Adventure in a single day? Thanks!

HydroGuy said:
For $11, this book is pretty good: "The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2005", Bob Sehlinger

I bought a copy last month and would recommend it.

Thanks for the info - I used the WDW version of that book and it worked beautifully.

Does anyone have any info on the "Ridemax" software? Their website is ridemax dot com. (Can't post URLs yet!)

gmi3804 said:
Thanks for the info - I used the WDW version of that book and it worked beautifully.

Does anyone have any info on the "Ridemax" software? Their website is ridemax dot com. (Can't post URLs yet!)
I can post URL's now! :banana: It is www.ridemax.com.

I started to add a Ridemax recommendation to my first post here, but you asked about "must do" rides and Ridemax cannot help with that. So I left it out. Once you know what you want to ride, Ridemax can create optimized touring schedules. Check out my response (#7) on http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=847633 for my take on Ridemax.

HydroGuy said:
I can post URL's now! :banana: It is

I started to add a Ridemax recommendation to my first post here, but you asked about "must do" rides and Ridemax cannot help with that. So I left it out. Once you know what you want to ride, Ridemax can create optimized touring schedules. Check out my response (#7) on for my take on Ridemax.

Thanks a million! I'm pretty Disneyland-savvy, but have never been to DCA. Does the Unofficial Guide have a one-day touring plan to cover both parks on the same day?

gmi3804 said:
Thanks a million! I'm pretty Disneyland-savvy, but have never been to DCA. Does the Unofficial Guide have a one-day touring plan to cover both parks on the same day?
Yes, the Unofficial Guide 2005 version covers both DL and DCA, and has touring plans for each. As does Ridemax. But the Ridemax plans are much, much better because they are so dynamic.

One thing that Ridemax cannot do is create a schedule for both DL and DCA together. Hence if you want to hit both parks on the same day, you need to make two itineraries, with different entrance and exit times and "break times" to simulate the parkhopping. Even so, this will not be optimized in the sense that Ridemax cannot tell you when it is best to leave DL and go over to DCA and vice versa. You have to make an assumption on that one.

HydroGuy said:
Yes, the Unofficial Guide 2005 version covers both DL and DCA, and has touring plans for each. As does Ridemax. But the Ridemax plans are much, much better because they are so dynamic.

One thing that Ridemax cannot do is create a schedule for both DL and DCA together. Hence if you want to hit both parks on the same day, you need to make two itineraries, with different entrance and exit times and "break times" to simulate the parkhopping. Even so, this will not be optimized in the sense that Ridemax cannot tell you when it is best to leave DL and go over to DCA and vice versa. You have to make an assumption on that one.

Do YOU have any recommendations about when to leave one and move to the other?

Does the Unofficial Guide have a one-day plan which covers both parks on the same day?

gmi3804 said:
Do YOU have any recommendations about when to leave one and move to the other?
Among other things it depends on time of year, which day of the week, and whether this is a one-day trip or multi-day.

This is not my specific recommendation, but in general people say that the DCA lines are shorter and thus it is better to do DCA mid-day when DL is the most crowded.

Also, it is better to do DL during parades, fireworks, Fantasmic, etc., because people get absorbed during those times and the ride lines are shorter.

gmi3804 said:
Does the Unofficial Guide have a one-day plan which covers both parks on the same day?
Nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter