Towel baby Couple and teddy Bear lady

Taking the bus from HS to SSR during one of the Star Wars Weekends, there was a woman on the bus with a Winnie the Pooh bear dressed in a Star Wars outfit. She was cuddling it, and talking to it. She was so serious, it was sad. I wonder if this is the same teddy bear lady?

Taking the bus from HS to SSR during one of the Star Wars Weekends, there was a woman on the bus with a Winnie the Pooh bear dressed in a Star Wars outfit. She was cuddling it, and talking to it. She was so serious, it was sad. I wonder if this is the same teddy bear lady?

I doubt it. The teddy bear lady is quite elderly.

Liz

Maybe you saw the Effron/Skywalker lover!? :love: :laughing:

Both the towel baby people, are out and about all the time...the castmembers I know say they are harmless.These people are serious that this towel is a baby and they want it treated as such.Most of the CMS are aware of this and do play along.

I thought I had seen some weird people at Disney but these take the cake! The only one I've heard of before is the tattoo guy. I think I saw him on a show.

are you talking about "linda Skywalker"? Now this woman is a Die-hard star wars fan.I have heard she can get a little nasty at times and has been ejected from DHS at times.

I guess. :lmao: I never seen any of them but I will be on the look out next time I go. I love entertainers! They sound like very fun people.

That is so sad about the towel baby people. If they really think it is a baby it is sad no one has gotten them any kind of help.

Wow, I am shocked at the number of people who think the mentally ill are a sideshow (in the case of the towel people, teddy bear lady and skywalker person). These people have an issue and it frightens me that rather than help to get them refered for assistance people actually play into the illness. :confused3

Wow, I am shocked at the number of people who think the mentally ill are a sideshow (in the case of the towel people, teddy bear lady and skywalker person). These people have an issue and it frightens me that rather than help to get them refered for assistance people actually play into the illness. :confused3

:rotfl2: I don't think Towel baby couple is in need of help. Obviously they do well in life if they can afford to stay at the GF for a month at a time! I'm thinking they are more like the kid that walked backwards everywhere during High School. He just wanted attention and did something silly so people would "talk" about him. THAT kid is now a successful (normal) self made millionaire.

The bear lady just seems to have an obsessive collection she likes to show off. Doesn't mean she should be in an institution!

The tattoo guy seems crazy over Disney but in a good way, I don't think he needs "help" just because he likes to show off his tats and love for Disney. If this were the case we'd all be kooky! :eek:

Not real sure about the Star Wars/HSM fan. She might just be insane, haven't heard enough about her to make up my mind just yet. :cheer2:

If I see some woman feeding a towel dessert when I dine at 1900 Park fare you'd better believe I will explode in laughter! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: And if you don't find that the least bit funny YOU might be the crazy one! :lmao:

Seriously, those that are in need of mental health do deserve it. My close friend has a daughter that has some serious issues and it's really sad. She is going to have to put her child in a home when she turns 18 because she can't handle the things she does. It's really sad not knowing from day to day if your own kid is going to kill you or her siblings. I seriously don't think the people mentioned on these threads are hurting like that! If they were that money would be spent on healthcare and not a month at the most expensive hotel at Disney World! Disney is one of the most popular places on this planet and they know they have an audience! A lot of it is for show. And in all these cases it worked for them because here we are talking about it right now! ;)

:rotfl2: I don't think Towel baby couple is in need of help. Obviously they do well in life if they can afford to stay at the GF for a month at a time! I'm thinking they are more like the kid that walked backwards everywhere during High School. He just wanted attention and did something silly so people would "talk" about him. THAT kid is now a successful (normal) self made millionaire.

The bear lady just seems to have an obsessive collection she likes to show off. Doesn't mean she should be in an institution!

The tattoo guy seems crazy over Disney but in a good way, I don't think he needs "help" just because he likes to show off his tats and love for Disney. If this were the case we'd all be kooky! :eek:

Not real sure about the Star Wars/HSM fan. She might just be insane, haven't heard enough about her to make up my mind just yet. :cheer2:

If I see some woman feeding a towel dessert when I dine at 1900 Park fare you'd better believe I will explode in laughter! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: And if you don't find that the least bit funny YOU might be the crazy one! :lmao:

Seriously, those that are in need of mental health do deserve it. My close friend has a daughter that has some serious issues and it's really sad. She is going to have to put her child in a home when she turns 18 because she can't handle the things she does. It's really sad not knowing from day to day if your own kid is going to kill you or her siblings. I seriously don't think the people mentioned on these threads are hurting like that! If they were that money would be spent on healthcare and not a month at the most expensive hotel at Disney World! Disney is one of the most popular places on this planet and they know they have an audience! A lot of it is for show. And in all these cases it worked for them because here we are talking about it right now! ;)

I'm not saying they all have a possible issue, only the ones I put in parenthesis. Some people have things they want to show off ie tattoo guy. No biggie it doesn't harm anyone, I guess teddy bear lady is the same in that respect, but hauling a bunch of bears somewhere to show them off, why not do the doll and teddy bear shows where you have a captive, interested audience? As far as towel people are concerned I guess the old saying is if you have a bucket of $$ then you're not insane your just eccentric. To each their own, but no way for any reason would I play along with these folks. In any event I guess the skywalker lady is then indeed crackers since we don't know her socioeconomic status--ie no one has set up a trust to pay for GF for months at a time to keep her away fom home!! Sorry but these behaiviors are not normal and do indicate some kind of issue.
Sorry, but any adult not in a "show" feeding a towel baby does not deserve to be laughed at she deserves someone to give her the help she needs to stop being delusional if in fact she expects people to believe it to be a real baby.

I'm not saying they all have a possible issue, only the ones I put in parenthesis. Some people have things they want to show off ie tattoo guy. No biggie it doesn't harm anyone, I guess teddy bear lady is the same in that respect, but hauling a bunch of bears somewhere to show them off, why not do the doll and teddy bear shows where you have a captive, interested audience? As far as towel people are concerned I guess the old saying is if you have a bucket of $$ then you're not insane your just eccentric. To each their own, but no way for any reason would I play along with these folks. In any event I guess the skywalker lady is then indeed crackers since we don't know her socioeconomic status--ie no one has set up a trust to pay for GF for months at a time to keep her away fom home!! Sorry but these behaiviors are not normal and do indicate some kind of issue.

A bucket of money means they have a normal life of some form or they wouldn't have the bucket of money! ;) You have to be somewhat normal to manage "life". I still think it's all for show in that case. My friend isn't rich by any means and she got help for her kid! There's help out there IF they want it.

Seriously, what would you do if you ended up at the table beside the towel? Would you tell them they need to get help? :confused: I still wonder why they don't have a doll!? That'd be more "real". But then again someone mentioned earlier the towel seems to grow and the doll would stay the same size so who knows? :flower3:

A bucket of money means they have a normal life of some form or they wouldn't have the bucket of money! ;) You have to be somewhat normal to manage "life". I still think it's all for show in that case. My friend isn't rich by any means and she got help for her kid! There's help out there IF they want it.

Seriously, what would you do if you ended up at the table beside the towel? Would you tell them they need to get help? :confused: I still wonder why they don't have a doll!? That'd be more "real". But then again someone mentioned earlier the towel seems to grow and the doll would stay the same size so who knows? :flower3:

I agree - I don't think there is anyway the Disney guest could intervene in any of these cases -- now my guess is these people have family or friends who know what they do and they would be the ones to intervene - not the passerby at the GF or the diner at 1900.

Liz

I agree - I don't think there is anyway the Disney guest could intervene in any of these cases -- now my guess is these people have family or friends who know what they do and they would be the ones to intervene - not the passerby at the GF or the diner at 1900.

Liz

Oh, I quite agree, but remember not everyone with buckets of $$ earned it on thier own, I certainly would not tell someone they were nuts if I was in a restaurant, but I would ask to be moved. What I am saying is that for the CM's to play along seems cruel not helpful. Of course WDW makes buckets of $$ off of them and they may know the real story. I do know many people who have mental illnesses--I'm a teacher of high risk/ at risk students, I see a lot. In any event , regardless of income they are all entitled to help and will get it from the state, so mental help is not an "I can't afford it" kind of thing. BTW One tree hill, I'm not saying any one should be in an institution--do they do that routinely anymore?--I'm saying regardless of how much $$ you have you are not immune from illness of any kind. And just because they can spend big doesn't necessarily mean it is their own $$.

Has anyone seen the "Schoolgirl"? She is kind of short, and wears a Burberry striped print skirt and I think has some sort of book bag? I can not remember many details, but I saw her quite a few times at the GF and in the parks.

Just a guess but that sounds like the guide for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour! :confused3

We are here now 7/13/08 and I think I may have seen one of the ladies. She had kind of an updo and had 2 Disney suitcases with some furry type of stuffed animals sitting on top. I was going to talk with her but another lady was there.
My dd and I went to the GF for a spa treatment, we saw her then. Three hours later she was still there. I asked at the front desk and they confirmed that she was one of the ladies. She seems lonely. :confused3
I feel bad for her.

Oh, WOW, I saw Tattoo Guy at DHS, but had no idea he was Tattoo Guy!

I was working and noticed these people sitting on a bench with a guy who was literally covered in tattoos. I saw one was taking a picture of the group, so I offered (as I always do) to take the picture for them.

Taking a closer look, I realized that the couple didn't look like they necessarily 'went' with the tattooed guy on the bench (he was in his trademarked tank top and shorts) and he didn't seem to really be engaged in talking with them at all. It's kind of hard to describe...

Anyway, I discreetly asked the husband if he 'knew' the man on the bench, and he replied that he just wanted to take a picture with all of the tattoos.

Well, I didn't realize this guy did it for show, so I was totally embarrassed for the poor man who had these people just wanting to come up and get a picture with them. Like I said - didn't know he had a whole website devoted to it -- and didn't realize that ALL of that ink was Disney, either... :eek:

Anyway, we wound up not taking the picture - just seemed not like the right thing to do. The Tattoo guy seemed sort of unphased, but not particularly interested in having his picture taken...

I don't know -- and maybe it was another tattooed guy :confused3 - I'll have to get a closer look next time, but I didn't want to stare at the poor man. I felt bad that these people were trying to take his picture... :confused:

This is how I felt about the lady at the GF. Once it really dawned on me that she is a Personit did not feel right to take pictures. She is not a legend.I wish I could have talked with her, I will try again. She seemed very content to just sit and people watch, nothing wrong with that.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter