Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

I have an unactivated Gold AP with a September trip booked and got no email. In my experience, Disney's IT is at best hit-or-miss and generally is just bad. No surprise that carries through into promo emails like this.

September 19 & 26 are Moonlight Magic Event nights for DVC, so no AP dates on those evenings.
I suspect it will likely be something similar to Moonlight Magic for DVC, as in an after hours event. But that's just my guess

Since this event is by invitation only, I don't think sharing the link will help those who did not receive it.

I did receive the email and receive them regularly. We activated our Platinum APs in February (DVC discounted) but have been AP holders on and off for years. We do have a DVC trip booked for September.

Actually, that did work for Pandora. Someone got the email and posted the link. I did not get the email but did follow the ling and got in.

The Pandora AP Previews were first come. We didn't receive the email, but were able to sign up using a link provided on a blog site.
It's an invitation only thing but if you click through the invitation that someone else links here it works. That's what folks did with the Pandora invitation. Granted, that means that spaces were taken by folks who weren't sent an invitation before folks who did get an invitation could sign up. But hey, I don't think it's fair that it's an invitation only thing anyway. All AP should be able to do it

We got the email and we have a trip booked in September. Does it look like only the passholders with September trips booked received the email, or did it go to a broader group?
Broader group for sure. We all 3 got them, trip planned in July, nothing further.

I didn't get an email...i have a FL pass holder...plus for me to take a plus 1....well i would have to choose between hubby and my 3 year old...hhmmm plus we are planning a fall trip for the birthday celebration of the kids.

I suspect it will likely be something similar to Moonlight Magic for DVC, as in an after hours event. But that's just my guess

It's an invitation only thing but if you click through the invitation that someone else links here it works. That's what folks did with the Pandora invitation. Granted, that means that spaces were taken by folks who weren't sent an invitation before folks who did get an invitation could sign up. But hey, I don't think it's fair that it's an invitation only thing anyway. All AP should be able to do it

Broader group for sure. We all 3 got them, trip planned in July, nothing further.

I disagree, only the higher levels of AP should be able to do it. Not these ridiculous cheap Floridian APs, where they have the luxury of being able to go at a drop of the hat.

I disagree, only the higher levels of AP should be able to do it. Not these ridiculous cheap Floridian APs, where they have the luxury of being able to go at a drop of the hat.
They offer those cheap local APs for situations just like this. They want a bump in attendance and what better way than to mobilize those who are able to go at the drop of a hat?

It's going to have an every bigger impact in DLR where there are so many more cheap local AP holders close by.

Wondering if anyone has any other ideas for how to get AP emails - I added their address to my contacts and updated my communications preferences in MDE, and still nothing! Is there a separate area on the passholder site to update? Thanks!

If you're referring to the Epcot after 4pm or Weekday pass, then I get that.

If you're referring to Florida Gold/Silver AP, then that makes zero sense. Florida residents are offered discounted passes because we go to Disney more often and usually spend more money at Disney vs an out of state AP who might only do 1 or maybe 2 trips a year. Disney excluding those who spend more overall and are in the parks more wouldn't make sense.

#AllAPsAreEqual

Wondering if anyone has any other ideas for how to get AP emails - I added their address to my contacts and updated my communications preferences in MDE, and still nothing! Is there a separate area on the passholder site to update? Thanks!

You can try to contact them, but I'm sure it'll be of no use. This is just what the AP emails and newsletters have been for years now. It's annoying but idk when they'll fix it and include everyone.

Neither my wife nor I have received the TSL preview teaser that some others here have received, I also have them added to my contacts and have gotten emails from them in the past so I know it'll come through if sent. Our emails are signed up to get emails, we usually get the mickey monitor.. It's just luck of the draw. So I plan on just signing up for the AP event when the link is posted on here like I did with Pandora.

I never received the Pandora email but I signed up within about 10 min of registration going live due to this forum. Wife received the Pandora email about 4 hours after registration started.

If you're referring to the Epcot after 4pm or Weekday pass, then I get that.

If you're referring to Florida Gold/Silver AP, then that makes zero sense. Florida residents are offered discounted passes because we go to Disney more often and usually spend more money at Disney vs an out of state AP who might only do 1 or maybe 2 trips a year. Disney excluding those who spend more overall and are in the parks more wouldn't make sense.

#AllAPsAreEqual

I don't know if that is factually true, because most Floridians don't stay at Disney hotels, which is a huge chunk of $$$$ Disney brings in.

Plus Floridians get the sweet option of paying in installments.

The Florida Gold should be allowed, the Silver should not.

Can we please refrain from a debate about who has better APs? We all want to have the chance to go to this. I'm depending on these boards to alert me when the link is sent out.

Personally, I don't want to see this thread turn into a silly fight when it's meant to help people.

I’m an out of state platinum pass holder. I have a September trip booked and got the email. I used to always receive my passholder emails in my junk folder until changed my email setting to allow emails from Disney. This happened for Disneyland pass holder emails as well.

I don't know if that is factually true, because most Floridians don't stay at Disney hotels, which is a huge chunk of $$$$ Disney brings in.

Plus Floridians get the sweet option of paying in installments.

The Florida Gold should be allowed, the Silver should not.

I disagree. Disney has the data to know who spends on property and how often they stay on property. My sister and her husband are both silver, and they live about an hour and half away. They stay on property and spend on high end souvenirs and dining. Disney would know that. So, similar to the PIN offers that go out, Disney may be targeting a specific demographic within the AP world and we just don't know what it is. We don't know if they are targeting the spenders or the non-spenders. There would be valid reasons to target either group. I don't think it should be a one size fits all when it comes to the pass levels and access to events like this. Just because someone doesn't want to visit in the heat of summer or around the busy holidays doesn't mean they don't spend. I feel whatever criteria they are using to decide who to send the offer to on the other pass levels should also be extended to the silver passes.

We really don't have a dog in the fight though, as we have a trip planned for the end of August when their silver passes are active again and plan to hit the new attractions then. I figure I'll probably get the email late, like I did the Pandora one.

I’m an out of state platinum pass holder. I have a September trip booked and got the email. I used to always receive my passholder emails in my junk folder until changed my email setting to allow emails from Disney. This happened for Disneyland pass holder emails as well.
Thanks, I’m out of state platinum as well with a trip planned for early September, but despite adding the passholder email to my gmail contacts, still haven’t received anything. Fingers crossed!

The email says invites will be mailed out “this summer” so I’m guessing no more info till the end of the month at least.

We got the email and we have a trip booked in September. Does it look like only the passholders with September trips booked received the email, or did it go to a broader group?

Not everyone. I'm an AP with a September trip booked and I didn't get an Email. The only way I knew of it was reading it here. Yet I got an Email welcoming me to having an AP and got an AP magnet in the mail. So no Email regarding the preview is puzzling. Perhaps, they know which week it WON'T be....just guessing as to why I didn't get an Email.

Not everyone. I'm an AP with a September trip booked and I didn't get an Email. The only way I knew of it was reading it here. Yet I got an Email welcoming me to having an AP and got an AP magnet in the mail. So no Email regarding the preview is puzzling. Perhaps, they know which week it WON'T be....just guessing as to why I didn't get an Email.

I'm jealous you received a welcome email & a magnet :charac2:

Moreover, I truly would love to attend this this toy story land event..

Can we please refrain from a debate about who has better APs? We all want to have the chance to go to this. I'm depending on these boards to alert me when the link is sent out.

Personally, I don't want to see this thread turn into a silly fight when it's meant to help people.
Exactly, no need to keep going on and on about who did and didn’t get emails or whatever.

I do have a trip planned in Sep. I'm an OOS annual passholder. I got the email. I agree with others that by the time the email goes out it seems like the information is already old, so I'm following this board and others. Hopefully it will be during my stay.

It seems silly that the guest also has to be an AP holder--that isn't a guest. Has this been confirmed? I guess I need to go back and re-read my email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter