Toy Story lot question

Paigesmom2013

DIS Veteran
Hello! Just a couple questions about the Toy Story lot busses. You can walk to the lot and catch a shuttle, correct? Then how does that work leaving the parks? Is there a bus stop and how frequently does it run? We are staying across the street on Katella and it looks like it would be quicker to walk back to the hotel from the parking lot at the end of the night. (We could Uber also but I like to save a few bucks when I can.)

You can catch the TS shuttles back to the lot at the Harbor entrance. It’s clearly marked.

You have to walk pretty deep into the TS lot area from the street, so depending on where exactly you are staying, it may not be all that much shorter than walking to the gate. Just throwing it out there.

When you walk out the gates onto the Harbor side, just stay to the right. You'll see signs for the Toy Story shuttle stop. There can be a fairly long line in the evenings, but they have lots of buses running and you can board one within a few minutes. We stayed at the Homewood Suites a few years ago and used the Toy Story shuttles. It was actually easier in the mornings to use Uber. It's a pretty decent walk to the shuttle stop once you get into the lot. We also found that the line to get on a shuttle could get backed up in the mornings. Leaving the park, we found it was easier to use the shuttles. You can get an Uber or a taxi on Harbor at the passenger drop-off area, but it's very busy there in the evenings. It was a bit confusing to find our specific Uber. We found it easier to just get on the shuttle, even though we still had a bit of a walk back to the hotel.

Thanks for the replies. We are staying at Kings Inn so the lot is closer, I think. We would probably walk into the parks each day because we would be excited and full of energy. But I could see the kids being tired at night and wanting a ride.

Wait. Don’t walkers need to enter/exit the Toy Story lot from the Harbor entrance? If so you wouldn’t shorten your walk back by much.

I'd be interested to know if that works on katella side. Could open up accommodation possibilities!

I would like to know as well! Looking at the Staybridge Suites on Manchester and instead of driving to the parking lots, was thinking of just walking to the Toy Story lot and hopping on a shuttle...if its not too far.

I would like to know as well! Looking at the Staybridge Suites on Manchester and instead of driving to the parking lots, was thinking of just walking to the Toy Story lot and hopping on a shuttle...if its not too far.
I notice that the hotels you're looking at are getting further and further away from the parks. We've had posters stay at this hotel whose number one complaint was the distance from the gates. For a group as large as yours, I'm thinking this Staybridge might be too far. This location is not convenient, especially for large groups (a consistent complaint from posters who've stayed there). Walking distance would be better -- the investment for proximity will really pay off.

I notice that the hotels you're looking at are getting further and further away from the parks. We've had posters stay at this hotel whose number one complaint was the distance from the gates. For a group as large as yours, I'm thinking this Staybridge might be too far. This location is not convenient, especially for large groups (a consistent complaint from posters who've stayed there). Walking distance would be better -- the investment for proximity will really pay off.

I'm really just shopping around still. The Staybridge Suites look really nice but you're right...if we do stay there, we'd have to either drive to the parking lots or walk. Aside from the hotels from close to the park, I'm also looking at comfort for my family. I think I've narrowed it down to Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites and Desert Palms. I'm also going to call Tropicana and see if their largest suite is available for our dates. My cousins just stayed there and they said they liked it! Plus, it's really close to the parks. Thank you for your input!

Not sure if someone answered this, but can you walk into the Toy Story lot from the Katella entrance? I saw Fresh Baked did a video that you can drive in that entrance, but are they allowing people to walk in there as well? And is the Katella entrance only open when the lot is busy for overflow into the Bullseye parking?

Thanks for the replies. We are staying at Kings Inn so the lot is closer, I think. We would probably walk into the parks each day because we would be excited and full of energy. But I could see the kids being tired at night and wanting a ride.
Happy to be corrected but I’m almost certain that your walk from the Toy Story drop off area would be almost as long (with a minute or 2) as the walk from the shuttle pick up area at Disneyland to the Kings Inn. The travel time using the shuttle would almost certainly be at least double that of walking.

I'm really just shopping around still. The Staybridge Suites look really nice but you're right...if we do stay there, we'd have to either drive to the parking lots or walk. Aside from the hotels from close to the park, I'm also looking at comfort for my family. I think I've narrowed it down to Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites and Desert Palms. I'm also going to call Tropicana and see if their largest suite is available for our dates. My cousins just stayed there and they said they liked it! Plus, it's really close to the parks. Thank you for your input!
Between the DI&S, the Desert Palms, and the Tropicana, I would take the Tropicana first, then the DI&S, and the DP third (because it's the furthest away of the 3). Any of those 3 beats the Staybridge for sure!

And I'm moving your posts to your other thread on hotels (Stay at Disney hotel or not?) so that this discussion can continue there and not take over this thread on the TS lot.

Not sure if someone answered this, but can you walk into the Toy Story lot from the Katella entrance? I saw Fresh Baked did a video that you can drive in that entrance, but are they allowing people to walk in there as well? And is the Katella entrance only open when the lot is busy for overflow into the Bullseye parking?
I’d really like to know for sure as well.

Bumping with hopes for an answer. 😊
Last night, as we rode the bus into the Katella bus entrance, there were portable sandwich-board signs that said “No Ped Access.”

I don’t know that it answers your question, but I wouldn’t count on walking in on the Katella side.

Last night, as we rode the bus into the Katella bus entrance, there were portable sandwich-board signs that said “No Ped Access.”

I don’t know that it answers your question, but I wouldn’t count on walking in on the Katella side.
Thanks! That does answer my question!

Major bummer. thanks!

OP, if you don’t mind me following up in your thread...can anyone who has used the toy story lot since RotR opened comment on how things are functioning there in the morning?

We’re considering the Homewood Suites, and one of the selling points was being able to quickly hop onto a shuttle at the lot. I know the actual parking is taking people a lot of time, but I haven’t heard much about the impact on shuttles. Also, how early do the shuttles start running?

OP, if you don’t mind me following up in your thread...can anyone who has used the toy story lot since RotR opened comment on how things are functioning there in the morning?

We’re considering the Homewood Suites, and one of the selling points was being able to quickly hop onto a shuttle at the lot. I know the actual parking is taking people a lot of time, but I haven’t heard much about the impact on shuttles. Also, how early do the shuttles start running?
Ask your question in the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*. Posters there are reporting daily on conditions parking, at security, at the gates, etc. And there are answers to your questions in the first few posts on page one of that thread, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter