Toystoryduo's Journal....Moving Forward From Here

Hey Tracy. I have gotten all caught up with you.

First off, stinks about the rental car, but if you keep your eyes peeled, you'll find a discount code. Have you signed up on the different rental car websites? and what about Sunshine Rewards? I haven't look for rentals on there, but they have tons of codes for other things. Do you do Coke Rewards? sometimes, there will be different codes on there. Right now just mostly for one day or $20 off of a weekend, but I got a $25 dollar one time and you could use multiples. I'll be on the look out for them also. At least you found out now about the invalid code and have time to regroup.

How are you doing? Any more stones? I saw you had one back in the November time frame. Any more lately? Did the internist have any answers?

I still can't believe I missed you in Florida in December. I had stayed for a week after our Thanksgiving trip to work for a week in Port Canaveral and flew out on December 3.

Thanks Lisa!:hug: I can't believe we just missed each other in December! I think we arrived in Florida on December 3rd. Are you guys going to be in Disney for Thanksgiving again this year?

I am so glad I found out about the invalid car rental code in advance! ::yes:: Who knows what they would have charged at the window?!?!? :eek: At least now, we have some time to find an alternative and hopefully, some good discounts as well.

As far as kidney stones go, I'm not sure if I still have one or not. According to my last scan, I have a small one, but that was a few months ago. I still have pain on that side, but I'm seeing several different doctors to try and found out what it is because they don't think it's kidney stone related. They're just ruling things out one-by-one.

I am currently doing a food/symptom diary to see if there is any correlation between the foods I eat and whether my symptoms change or not. I'm supposed to do the diary for a month and add some fiber into my diet as well. My doctor also wants me to use Prilosec as needed.

Today has been a busy day: school, work for my DH, surveys, e.t.c. I still have several things to do on my to do list, but if I don't get them done today, there's always tomorrow. ;)

Have a great Valentine's Day, everyone! ♥

Happy Valentine's Day Tracy! I hope you have had a wonderful day.

Yes, as of right now our plan is Thanksgiving at Disney. It's the perfect week for us to go as a family.

I am so glad your doctors are working to figure out what is going on with you. I had a pain in my left side that would come and go, some days it would be really bad. The doctor determined it was something I was eating too much of. I can not remember what it was though. I do know that now if I eat too much sugar I will have that problem. Hopefully it won't take to long to figure out what is triggering your pain.

Tracy, I hear you about the car rental prices. We're having a really tough time finding a decent rate for March for our 4 night stay. I'm spending more for that than I did for a week's rental previously. Sometimes there are last minute specials so I'm hoping for a deal.

When are you going for your 3 week stay? I can't even imagine being there for that long. It would be wonderful!

Thanks ladies! :grouphug:

Lisa- We'll be arriving in Disney on December 2nd. Will you still be there then?

Denise- The car rental prices are so high right now! :( I'm going to keep working on this though. I am bound and determined to get a good deal.:thumbsup2 We'll be in Disney for 2 weeks. The extra week for the car rental is a buffer in case we run into bad weather and can't get the car back on time.

Happy Wednesday!:)

It's bright and sunny here today. :sunny: I wish it was just a little warmer out though. At least it's not snowing!:thumbsup2

Yesterday was kind of a rough day. :( We had issues with a contractor not paying again, some budget issues popped up, and some extended family issues came up as well. I am happy to say though that I didn't take the stress of the day and drown my sorrows in food for a change. Instead, I cried a lot. :sad1: I left myself feel the hurt for a change. It stunk, but at least I didn't go to bed bloated and sick from overeating. That's progress, right?

Sigh...Life is a journey.

I am feeling somewhat better about things today, but that's after a lot of tears, a lot of prayers, and lots of hugs from my DH. :lovestruc

Moving on....

Lots of things on the to do list today:
* School (done)
* Pay bills (almost done, 1 down, 1 to go)
* Play basketball with the kids
* Help MIL with her taxes
* Go to the store
* Library
* Work for DH
* Maybe look for a car rental if I have time

Weigh-in is on Friday. I'm not sure what to expect. I haven't been eating as much as usual, but I have only exercised once so far this week. Once our taxes are done (hopefully, this weekend), then I can focus on setting goals for healthy eating and exercise for the month of March.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!:grouphug:

Good morning Tracy!! Hope that your to-do list got taken care of yesterday! I am a big fan of lists. Even if I don't always complete them. lol.

Sorry to read about the car rental challenge, hope you find a workable solution!! '

"...Life is a journey."

Love that you said this, it is something I often forget when I demand instant results of myself. A good thing to remember.

Have a great day!
Mike

Thanks Mike! :) I have to remind myself that I am on a journey ALL the time because I demand instant results of myself too. Not just when it comes to weight loss, but in a lot of areas of my life as well. I am constantly reminding myself that, "Rome wasn't built in a day." Some days I'm successful at it and some days I'm not. Just gotta keep moving forward from here. ::yes::

Happy Friday everyone! :goodvibes I am so glad the weekend is here!:cool1:

No real plans for the weekend as of yet. I've got a few things on my to do list, but I'm hoping we can get some down time in as well.

I weighed in and lost 1 pound. :) I really thought I would show a gain today so I was pleasantly surprised. :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!:grouphug:

Happy Friday Tracy!
Yes, you are definitly making progress. To show emotions instead of ignoring them is a good thing. Sometimes you just gotta let it out.

I always hate to hear when your DH has a contractor that doesn't pay. It infruirates me when people try to ignore their obligations. They just don't seem to realize that it affects other people lives.

I hope you have a great weekend and get to enjoy something you love to do.

PS - we are going Nov 17-24.

Thanks, Lisa!:hug:

Yesterday, we had family night and it was DD11's turn to choose the meal and the activity. She chose pizza and watching movies from when the kids were little.

It was so much fun watching the kids grow up!:goodvibes Those movies brought back so many wonderful memories of trips to Disney, holidays, and other special occasions. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane.:goodvibes

One thing really bothered me though and that is my weight. Seeing myself on camera was very, very hard.:sad1:

You see, in my head, I don't look like I do in reality. I look more like I did in high school. Here's the thing: we don't have a single full-length mirror in our house and when we go out, I avoid mirrors like the plague. So, when I see myself as I truly am on video, man does it stink. :( And it hurts to know that this is one goal I have failed to conquer over and over again. :sad1:

I know that I need to face this head on. Every day, I am not reminded of how I truly look, but I am reminded that I have way too much weight on this body. When I wake up in pain, when I can't get up off of the floor, when I can't put on a new shirt because it doesn't fit. I don't see it everyday because I try to ignore it, yet it is always there.

This year, we are trying to focus on finances, clutter, and losing weight. It's hard to focus on 3 main issues at one time, but I think we're going to need to really think about which one of these should be our main focus. For me, I think it's going to have to be getting healthy. If I don't have my health, my finances will be affected (with doctor bills and such) and the clutter just won't matter. For my DH, it might be something else. We'll figure something out.

In the meantime, I've got a lot of thinking and praying to do. I think I will postpone working on the taxes this weekend so that I can spend some time reflecting on what's needed.

Thanks for reading and and have a good weekend, everyone!:grouphug:

Hi Tracy,
It's very nice to hear about your trip down memory lane with your family. And I relate completely to how you felt smacked in your face seeing yourself on film.

I wish I knew some magic way to help us all say we've beaten this demon of weight that plagues us repeatedly but for now, all I can say is, it's still not too late to make changes. And it sounds like you and your DH are working on some pretty great goals for this year. It will be great hearing about your progress, inspirational even.

Hope that the rest of your weekend was as reflective and de-stressing as you hoped!
Mike

Thanks for the encouragement, Mike! :goodvibes

We had a nice weekend! We did a whole bunch of NOTHING!:thumbsup2 It was nice to relax and enjoy a more laidback weekend for a change. :)

Today's Plan:
* Laundry
* Work for DH
* Nap (didn't sleep well last night)
* Go to a wake (My grandma's neighbor passed away last week.)

After today, we have a very busy week ahead with some potentially stressful issues that have to be dealt with. (i.e. extended family issues.... AGAIN, work issues....AGAIN, and taxes....UGH!) If you have any extra good thoughts or prayers you can send our way, we sure would appreciate it!:goodvibes

Have a great day today!:goodvibes

Looks like a pretty full day ahead Tracy! I will be sending all the prayers and good vibes your way that I can!

Thanks Mike! :goodvibes

It's been a long day. After all of the stress yesterday, my mom was admitted to the hospital this morning. Her potassium and blood pressure are way too low. We went to visit her today and she seems to be okay. They need to do some tests to find out what is going on though.

After the hospital visit, my dad took us out for lunch. By the time we got home, I was way too tired for school and not feeling well either so I took a nap. I woke up feeling worse than I did before the nap. :(

I'm going to try for a few surveys and call it an evening. Hoping to feel much better tomorrow.

Have a nice evening!:goodvibes

Morning Tracy! Just wanted to say I hope your mom is doing well and that you're feeling better today!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Mike

Tracy, I hope everything is ok with your Mom and today was a better day for you. Stress can wreak all kinds of havoc with the mind and body so I'm sending some hugs and prayers to help you get through it!

Treat yourself to a little Tracy time, and you'll be able to handle the other stuff that much better.

Keep us posted about your Mom's condition.

:hug: How are you today my friend? How is your Mother? I pray the doctors are able to discover what is going on and she is feeling better soon.

I completely understand the issues you are dealing with. I pray everything is resolved soon.

Hopefully this week will be better for you. A little thing I recently learned from my oldest DS (and should have known myself) is whenever I am feeling poorly, I eat an orange. That boost of vitamin C really helps. I just tried the Cuties (you've seen the commercials on tv) and it true, they really are good and just the right amount.

Thank you, Mike, Denise, and Lisa! :grouphug:

My mom is still in the hospital having tests done because they still haven't figured out what is going on yet. She is in good spirits though so that's a plus. Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers!:goodvibes

Yesterday was a good day. I had some stressful things that needed to be done (budget, bills, e.t.c), but I was able to balance that out with some fun things (Disney planning, played basketball with the kids, had a Jimmy John's sub) as well. Overall, it was a good day. :)

I also managed to get a 1 mile WATP workout in. :)

Today's Plan:
* School
* Walk
* Laundry
* Get chili in the crockpot for dinner

Have a great day today!:goodvibes

Happy Friday! :3dglasses

I weighed in this morning and I'm up 1.5 pounds. :( I'm not sure how that happened since I have been getting exercise in and I've been making better food choices this week. :confused3

We don't have any major plans for the weekend yet. I know that I will need to work on taxes and on goals for March. My DH will probably have to work too.

Today's Plan:
* School
* Work for DH
* Walk

I'm still not able to find an affordable car rental for December. I am so bummed about the Sam's Club code no longer working with Alamo. :( We had a GREAT rental rate. I'll keep trying though! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!:goodvibes

Hi Tracy!!

Hope that your weight fluctuation didn't get you too down, you are doing so well! Don't lose sight of that, the scale will catch up, I am sure. :thumbsup2

Hope you had a great weekend!!!
Mike

Thanks Mike!:goodvibes:

We had kind of a rough weekend. My DH was called into work 4 separate times and the girls and I were sick. It wasn't much of a weekend here. :(

Yesterday, we heard about the school shooting. The community where the shooting happened is about 40 miles away from us. We have been to the high school many times for various sporting events throughout the years and we have family members that live in a nearby city as well. It is such a tragedy. :sad1: Our hearts and our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Chardon community.:grouphug:

Today's Plan:
* School
* Work for DH
* Walk
* Library
* Dinner at MIL's

My mom came home from the hospital last night. :goodvibes They think her meds were causing the issues she was having so they tweaked them a bit. She'll follow up with her doctor some time this week. Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers for her!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter