Toystoryduo's Journal....Moving Forward From Here

Yesterday was a busy day. My DH picked up another project and we spent a good portion of the day getting details and working on schedules for the next few weeks. We didn't get all of the details yet, so we'll be working on that today as well.

The weather was so nice here yesterday, that we got a 1.5 mile walk in after dinner. :cool1: It felt good to get out in the fresh air and get moving. :thumbsup2

Today's Plan:
* School
* Work for DH (invoicing and scheduling)
* Walk
* Laundry
* Budgets
* Finish a book I'm reading
* Work on March goals

Weigh-in is tomorrow. I'm not too optimistic about seeing a loss on the scale. I haven't been as intentional with food choices and exercise as I should have been this week. :blush: I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Have a great day!:wizard:

Good morning Tracy!!

Hope you had a great weekend! Just checking in on you and seeing how your weigh in went? :-)

Mike

Thanks Mike!:goodvibes

I actually forgot to weigh-in on Friday. :blush: I've been sick since then and it just slipped my mind. I did weigh-in yesterday and I was down .8 of a pound. I'll take it!:goodvibes

While I've been sick, I've come to realize a few things about my health. You see, years ago, I said I would never get over the 200 pound mark. I've been there for almost 10 years. Three years ago, I said I would never get over my "magic number" of 230. Well, I've been there for about 2.5 years now. It has to stop somewhere and it has to stop now.

My way of thinking tends to be "all or nothing" but that doesn't work with weight loss. I have to re-train my brain to think that every little thing I do for my health that is positive, gets me one step closer to my bigger goals. Every little bit counts.

So, what did I do yesterday to work towards my weight loss goal? I ate 3 meals, with 1 small snack, exercised, and stopped eating when I was full. Not when the plate was empty. Those are positive steps in the right direction.:goodvibes

Today's Plan:
* School
* Vote
* Surveys
* Exercise
* Disney Planning

Over the weekend, my DH and I were talking about the possibility of a late summer Disney trip this year. I saw on the DIS the rumors of free dining being opened to the general public on Monday, but I also saw that the people with the Disney Visa (who could book early), weren't able to get POP and that's where we wanted to stay.

So, yesterday, I was goofing around with the Disney reservations site and tried to book free dining for September. I couldn't get the dates I wanted, but I saw on the DIS where people were getting the last weekend in August at POP so I tried that. Low and behold, it was available!:eek: I called my DH and told him and he said, "Go ahead and book it!" So, I did.:cheer2: We now have a trip planned in August and in December. :thumbsup2 We are so excited!:cool1:

Well, that's about all from here. Have a great day today!:grouphug:

Good morning Tracy!

I feel like I am like you in that all or nothing way, and that is what usually gets me flying off track with my weight loss. So I am going to work on following your lead and realizing the importance of the small decisions and actions, and their impact on the big picture!! :-)

I'd comment here now on your new Disney trip news but I AM WAY TOO JEALOUS!! And you're staying at my favorite place, POP!! :scared1::scared1:

I suppose I can say congratulations and be cordial about it. :rotfl:

Have a great day!
Mike

Cordial, it is then, Mike. ;) LOL! :rotfl: I'm not 100% sure we will take the trip in August. It's certainly what we are striving for, but if finances don't permit, then we will just focus on December's trip. I'm really hoping we can go. I love POP! It's my second favorite resort behind the Beach Club. :cloud9:

Well, I woke up feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck this morning. :( I took some Nyquill last night hoping to feel better and get some sleep, but it kept me up all night instead! Weird, isn't it?:confused:

After school, I did manage to get a 30 minute nap. I took a shower and feel a little better, but this is one tough bug!:sick:

Today's Plan:
* School (done)
* Work for DH
* Take a nap
* Make dinner
* Disney planning

Speaking of Disney planning....Last night, when I couldn't sleep, I started plugging in discount codes to various car rental places for both trips. (Remember, the rates were coming in were between $700-$1,000 and that was NOT in the budget.) Well, I got the idea to try and modify the reservation that we had by adding a different code. Guess what? It worked! So for December, we have a fullsize car for 3 weeks with unlimited miles and a free additional driver for about $475. Woohoo!:woohoo:

I also tried booking for September and get this... A midsize SUV was CHEAPER than renting a compact car!:eek: Can you believe that?!?!? At least something good came out of me not being able to sleep last night!;)

That's about all from here. Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday!pixiedust:

Good morning Tracy! Hope you are feeling better today.

Great news on your vehicle rentals! Hope that you can make both trips happen!!

Mike

I'm still not feeling well. :( As a matter of fact, I feel worse than I did yesterday. I'm drinking lots of water, taking medication and vitamins, but I still feel really sick. :sick: I hope this bug is gone soon!

Not much going on here... Got school done, laundry is almost done, and dinner is in the crockpot. I think I will do some trip planning and relax for the rest of the evening.

Happy Weekend!:goodvibes

The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. Spring is on it's way!:flower3:

I am feeling a little bit better this morning. I still have a cold and some body aches, but at least I can think a bit more clearly.

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down .4 of a pound from last weigh-in. It's not much, but I'll take it!:goodvibes

No really big plans for the weekend. My DH has to work 8 hours today and may have to work 8 hours tomorrow as well. If I am feeling better, we may take our first trip to Costco when my DH gets home from work. If I'm not feeling better, then we'll probably stay home and watch TV.

That's about all from here. Have a great weekend! pixiedust:

Good morning Tracy! Just wanted to pop in and say i hope you're feeling better!! Hopefully the weekend gave you some time to recuperate! :-)

Mike

I'm just now starting to feel better. My DH bought some Mucinex for me last night and the pain and pressure are slowly going away. Yay!:cheer2:

I woke up really early this morning. :( A thunderstorm rolled through and I just couldn't get back to sleep. Hopefully, there will be a nap in my future. ;)

I started working on taxes yesterday. UGH. It's a long, drawn out process, but I'm going to try and take it one month at a time. Hopefully, they'll be done by this weekend.

Today's Plan:
* School
* Work for DH
* Work on taxes
* Walk
* Nap

No updates on the Disney front yet. Once I get the taxes done, I'll have more time to work on our plans and budgets. That's good motivation to get those taxes done ASAP. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great day today!:grouphug:

Taxes ......Boo! Hiss!!! But starting them means getting them done which means DISNEY PLANNING TIME!!!!!!:lovestruc

Hope you have a great Tuesday! Glad you are feeling better!!

I'm with Julie, leap that tax hurdle and Disney lies on the other side!! Woo hoo!! Good luck with that project!

And I am also glad you're on the mend!

Thanks Julie and Mike! :grouphug:

Well, I found out I have a sinus infection. :( I'm on antibiotics for the next 10 days. I do feel somewhat better, but I still have pain and pressure in my head.

I didn't get a chance to work on the taxes yesterday. :( My DH has been super busy and hasn't had a chance to get all of the tax receipts to me yet. I wanted to get them done by Friday, but now it looks more like Monday.

Today's Plan:
* 10 Minute Trainer Total Body (DONE)
* School
* Surveys (goal=2)
* Walk
* Work for DH

Have a wonderful Wednesday! pixiedust:

I am feeling better today!:cool1: I'm still not 100%, but I feel much, much better than I have been. Yay!

I still haven't had a chance to work on taxes. My DH has to locate the rest of his receipts and just hasn't had time to look yet. This project he is working on, has tacked on additional 40+ hours to his already busy work week. Hopefully, he'll be finished by this Saturday.

Today's Plan:
* 10 Minute Trainer Cardio Workout (DONE)
* School
* Online class for work
* Surveys (goal=2)
* Walk (weather permitting)
*:laundy:

Weigh-in is tomorrow. I'm not sure how it will go. I did manage to get 2 workouts and 2 walks in this week, but food choices haven't been my best. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Have a great Friday Eve!:goodvibes

The weekend went by way too fast! :( My poor DH had to work all weekend and I'm still working on feeling better. (I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.)

The good news is that I am almost completely done with our taxes!:woohoo: Yay! :yay:

I forgot to weigh-in again on Friday. :blush:

Today's Plan:
* School (DONE)
* 10 Minute Trainer Yoga (DONE)
*:laundy: (NEVER done)
* Walk
* Work for DH

Have a great day!:goodvibes

Happy Friday! :goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been around the past few days. The DIS has been loading VERY slowly for me, if I can get it to load at all. I know that there have been some tech issues recently. I hope they are able to get everything sorted out soon. I've got a trip to plan! LOL!:laughing:

The past week has been kind of rough. I'm still not feeling well so my doctor had some additional bloodwork done. I'm still waiting on the results from that.

Food has been okay and I have been working out a little. I'm not doing any major workouts until I find out what is going on though.

Weigh-in went okay. I showed a 1.2 pound loss. :goodvibes

Our plans for the day, and for the weekend, are up in the air right now. My DH has to do some major work on our car and that will most likely take up most of the day today and maybe tomorrow as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!:grouphug:

Good morning Tracy!!

Hope you had a great weekend! Congrats on your loss too, good work!!

Mike

Happy Tuesday!:goodvibes

I got the results back from my blood work last week and everything looks normal. Yay!:cool1: I am feeling much better, but still have allergies to deal with thanks to the early spring. (I'll take the warmer weather though!:thumbsup2 )

I've decided to focus on tweaking my eating habits. I think that better nutrition will definitely help me lose weight and stay healthy in the long run. My plan (in general) is to increase my consumption of fruits and vegetables and lower my consumption of unhealthy carbs, cheese (UGH!), and meat. I'm also trying to avoid snacking as well. Doritos are definitely in the Danger Zone! LOL!:laughing: We'll see how this works out.

Today's Plan:
* School (DONE)
* Work for DH
* Finish a book
* Walk

Have a great Tuesday!:goodvibes

Morning Tracy!

How goes your tweaking?? :-) Hope all is well! Glad your tests came back ok!

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter