Tracking Cruising Restart: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading your post I had to go look and found these.
Etsy is already on it with plenty to choose from.
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=vaccinated wristband&ref=auto-1

The Etsy wristbands are removable. I would assume a cruise line issued "vaccinated" wristband would be non- removal type, like used in bars and clubs after showing ID over 21. You'll need to wear it for the entire cruise. Without a wristband you would be subject to restrictions. This is all speculation, but it is likely something that we will see in the future.

-Paul

I have a question for you all, back last week or so DCL announced they canceled Magic through Nov 4. Well today I read on another DCL site that Magic and others are "suspended", not canceled. I took the message off the DCL web site 45 minutes ago.

Disney Dream departures through August 6, 2021, Disney Fantasy departures through August 28, 2021, Disney Wonder departures through September 19, 2021, and Disney Magic departures in the US through November 4, 2021 are suspended.

Mopee

Last edited:

I have a question for you all, back last week or so DCL announced they canceled Magic through Nov 4. Well today I read on another DCL site that Magic and others are "suspended", not canceled.
When you click "Learn More" it brings up the original wording with "cancel"

My guess is someone in DCL marketing feels that "suspended" has a softer implication than "cancelled." But the end result appears to be the same whatever they call it.

Hope springs eternal. At one time this spring/summer you could get a Panama Cruise for this fall and 7 day cruises as well. Now not at all, maybe they are full?
I think they are hoping that they can still get the cruises in this fall but need some other company, Carnival Royal Caribbean to show? the way.
Time will tell.
And no canceled is not the same as suspended in my book.
Like I said, for me Hope springs eternal.

M

Royal Caribbean provided more details about protocols for guests who sail on Freedom of the Seas out of Miami in July. They are outlined here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/...health-protocols-first-us-cruise-ship-sailing

I think that this will be their first ship sailing from the US that will not sail under the 95% vaccinated protocols.

- Vaccinated guests will receive a wristband indicating that they're vaccinated. Unvaccinated guests will have a hole punched in their SeaPass cards.
- Masks will be required for all passengers in indoor areas.
- Some venues, activities, and shows will be designated for vaccinated passengers only and will require the SeaPass card for entry. In those venues, vaccinated passengers will not be required to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated guests must arrive with a negative PCR test, and must also have a COVID test prior to embarking as well as prior to disembarking. The costs will be $136 per passenger for passengers who are eligible for the vaccine but decline or are unable to provide verification.

It'll be interesting to see how all of that is managed. It's pretty significantly different than the 95% vaccinated route where (at least based on the current protocols) masks will not be required anywhere on the ship. They are offering refunds to passengers who are not interested in sailing with those restrictions.

Edit: Here it is directly from Royal Caribbean: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=miami

Last edited:

Royal Caribbean provided more details about protocols for guests who sail on Freedom of the Seas out of Miami in July. They are outlined here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/...health-protocols-first-us-cruise-ship-sailing

I think that this will be their first ship sailing from the US that will not sail under the 95% vaccinated protocols.

- Vaccinated guests will receive a wristband indicating that they're vaccinated. Unvaccinated guests will have a hole punched in their SeaPass cards.
- Masks will be required for all passengers in indoor areas.
- Some venues, activities, and shows will be designated for vaccinated passengers only and will require the SeaPass card for entry. In those venues, vaccinated passengers will not be required to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated guests must arrive with a negative PCR test, and must also have a COVID test prior to embarking as well as prior to disembarking. The costs will be $136 per passenger for passengers who are eligible for the vaccine but decline or are unable to provide verification.

It'll be interesting to see how all of that is managed. It's pretty significantly different than the 95% vaccinated route where (at least based on the current protocols) masks will not be required anywhere on the ship. They are offering refunds to passengers who are not interested in sailing with those restrictions.

Wow. I never thought they would go that far in separating the unvaccinated from the vaccinated. (There’s a lot of privilege for the vaccinated.)

Here is what Bahamas is currently requiring for entry:
https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates
- Vaccinated travelers: Bahamas health visa incl. insurance, but no PCR tests
- Unvaccinated guests: Bahamas health visa incl. insurance AND PCR tests

I looked at RCL's taxes and fees, and they are pretty noticeable now. I assume they are going to take care of the visas and insurance before they let you on board.

Wow. I never thought they would go that far in separating the unvaccinated from the vaccinated. (There’s a lot of privilege for the vaccinated.)

People should get the vaccine if they want to cruise. If they can’t or won’t get the vaccine, maybe they should wait a little longer to cruise. We are fully vaccinated, so we are ready to cruise. If I wasn’t vaccinated, I would not pay to cruise to have the restrictions being imposed for non vaccinated guests.

It seems pretty obvious that the cruise line wants vaccinated cruisers. Makes things easier all around.

Well, that is the point.

Not dissimilar to how the MLB and NFL are making the restrictions for nonvax pretty stark compared to what vaccinated teammates are allowed. It is both protecting themselves economically as a league, but also exerting pressure on players.

RCCL is trying to do the same. Economic protection, and pressure on passengers to choose vaccination.

You gotta believe this is a not-so-subtle attempt to keep the non-vaxed off the ship.

Agree 100%. I’m fully vaxxed so I can’t speak to it, but is there anyone not-vaxxed that would be fine with these protocols? And pay for this experience? I just wonder if it's in any way worth it for them. Not shaming or judging or anything of the sort-just purely curious.

Agree 100%. I’m fully vaxxed so I can’t speak to it, but is there anyone not-vaxxed that would be fine with these protocols? And pay for this experience? I just wonder if it's in any way worth it for them. Not shaming or judging or anything of the sort-just purely curious.
In my group of 4 staterooms there is one that wants to go anyway and none of the 4 in that room are vaccinated. I'm vaccinated and my husband will likely be too, but my daughters 9 and 14 will not. I'm not willing to go if by my cruise these rules apply to 12+. I think August 1 these rules will go to 12+ just like the vaccine requirement for the Seattle sailings. If my daughter can't go to the kids club and has a different dining time and set times for activities I'm out. Maybe they let the vaccinated choose to be in the unvaccinated group? Then, I don't know.... maybe.

Last edited:
My issue is that most of the time they are requiring vaccinated individuals to wear masks a lot of the time.

I would much prefer the rules they have for sailing out of Nassau. Except for the blocking of 75% of the seats and seemingly not even permitting families to sit together seems like some anti-science nonsense for a population that is 94% vaccinated with the unvaccinated wearing masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter