Trading Spaces......

Jomrog

<font color=0000FF>I'd sing, but I'm no American I
Is anyone as addicted to this show as I am? I would love to try it accept that I just moved into my new house and don't know the neighbors very well.

I would love for Vern to remodel my bedroom. It would be awesome.

Of course, my DH will only watch when Geneveve is on (va va va voom). :rolleyes:

What about you, DISers?

I love Trading Spaces! DDs and I watch it every weekend. I have been home the last month recovering from surgery so I get to catch it in the afternoons too! DH likes Gen and Amy Winn. I would love to Laurie or Vern do one of my rooms. They seem to actually care what the homeowners want/like. I think I would totally freak out if Hilde or Doug were to do a room in my house!!

I really love that show. I'd probably be too chicken to let them do one of my rooms, though. ;)

I love TS! I watch it every afternoon and try to catch it on the weekends, but usually we are not home.
I would love to have either Frank, Vern, or Laurie do a room in my house! :teeth:

I have no desgin talent whatsoever. I would probably like just about anything they would do in my room on TS. I just wasn't crazy about the time when Gen (I think) glued moss to the walls or when Hildi glued straw to the LR wall. :eek:

I didn't like Doug at first but he grew on me. He's not too bad. And Frank is such a cutie! ;)

I love Trading Spaces, when I was in Orlando in Feb. they were filming there! I wanted to drive by so bad but was just to busy to do it.

I agree with you about Vern, he does the best rooms, Ive never seen any of his that I didnt like, he really puts his all into it. I love While you were out too, DH will watch that endlessly with me, he digs the chicks on that show.

Id have to redo my house first before id let anyone in to redo it for me:rolleyes:

I vote for Vern too, although I'd like to work with Frank. I have felt sorry for some of the people whose rooms Hildi has ruined, although sometimes she does things that aren't bad. Have you heard that there will be a kids version of Trading Spaces on in May, on the Discover channel, I think?

The kids version sounds cool! :smooth: My DD would love it!:Pinkbounc

Watch it all the time, starting to recognize reruns in a major way. I'd love to do it if it weren't for the fact all our neighbors are pretty much old and decrepit and I dunno if I could have them redo my house. It'd take them like a week instead of 2 days. ;)

Love TS (don't forget to watch this SUNDAY night for a celeb version!).

Would love for Frank to come help me in my kitchen. Edward coul take the livingroom (cause I know he wouldn't take down my ceiling fan). Vern could do my dining room or bedroom. I'd let Doug roam free in my computer room. Laurie could do my guest bedroom (hopefully baby room some day). Gen, I'd let loose in my music room/sun palor (what a mess!). Hildi & Kia...well...I'd probably freak if they came any where near my house.

Just got the TS book. Did you know Hildi is a Pluto fan?!?

Yeah - that book is full of info! Hildi actually sounds HUMAN! I've gotten some ideas for work on my house, but have been too chicken to do any of it (we're talking mostly paint here!)

Love Trading Spaces. That what seems to be my weekends, watching those types of shows. I would probably only let Gen, Vern and Frank come into my house. Doug's taste is getting a bit better. The others just a bit too much for my taste. Some have some great ideas I just can't seem to get motivated to use them.

I would love them to come too but I also have elderly neighbors and I don't think they would go for something like that. :D

:D LOVE TRADING SPACES!! I have liked all the rooms Frank and Vern have done, but also they have a designer named Edward and he has done some fantastic rooms. When he first gets started, there is some hesitation from the couple he is working with, but once it is all together, they are pleased with the end result. I haven't seen one he has done that I DON'T like.
I would never have Hildie, Laurie, or Doug do one of my rooms. Doug can be a real arrogant snot.
Frank's artistic talent is just amazing. Some of his paintings have been great.

Also like "While You Were Out" Keep telling my hubby that he could do that for me for our bedroom. :D

I *love* the show, too! I've always wanted to be on it, but DH won't go for it! MIL and s-FIL live right up the street, so that could be an interesting show, don'tcha think?

Who is supposed to be on the "celebrity episode" this weekend?

Dh and I watch this one almost every day. He has a thing for Amy Winn ;) .

I love Vern and Edward. They can come decorate any time. I would also love to work with Frank on someone else's house. Hildi, Doug, Gen and Kia would scare me. They are too hit and miss. Actually, I don't think I have ever liked a room that Kia has done. She is too border crazy for me and I hate borders. Remember that grave room? Ughh, that was bad!

Stampmom,
The celebrities I can remember are: Andy Dick, Sarah Rue, Beverly Mitchell, and Jessica Biel. There were two other guys too but I can't remember their names. They might have had the same last name?

I believe Sunday night is the special episode with And Dick & Sarah Rue...but I can't miss my regular Saturday night either!

Originally posted by vald1977
Remember that grave room? Ughh, that was bad!

Oh man, that was just awful. The bed literally looked like a grave and the bedspread was made out of that green turf stuff - looked just like a ground with flowers on it AND the fence around it, to boot!! :eek:

I so Love this show!! I have a lot of respect for the designers on TS - sooo much talent. And it has helped me to think outside of my complacent comfort zone and given me some great ideas!

:)

There are things that they do that I think are tacky and some rooms I like. I do not like painted ceilings, heavy drapes and I had some real concerns when they painted a counter top. It looked good but I really question how easy it would be to clean it. I did see a show one time where the couple were very unhappy with the results. That was actually the most entertaining, in a perverse sort of way. Would I let any of them touch my house? Well maybe my unfinished basement!

I agree, Edward's rooms are nice, Kia needs to stay far away & Ty can be my handyman anytime. :p

I heard a rumor that Ty & Hildi are an item, has anyone else heard this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter