Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

Does anyone know what it's being turned into? Just upsizing P&J layout and menu?

It's being turned into some sort of 'food court' thingamajig. But no one knows exactly what that means. Grab n Go? Fast Food offerings? Or a little of both. I believe 'rumor has it' that P&Js will remain in some form.

You can go to the WDW dining page and select 'quick service' and then search the various resort hotel food court menus. They're pretty uninspiring and almost identical with the exception of a dish or two that would supposedly fit with the hotel's 'theme'.

We’ll be there in 4 weeks. Maybe there’s a slim chance. 🤞

giphy.gif

I just listened to a Disney friend's pod cast. She is a former CM and has blogged on the Fort for a long time. She stays there often and still has friends there. She posted this recent pic of the inside of TE and said it is due to open sometime the first half of August. She also said the "Marketplace" is expected to be similar to the one at the Vero Beach DVC and it is quite nice. From pics I found on the internet, the one at Beach Club appears to be part gift shop, part grab-n-go and has something for counter service. The pics I found show an overhead menu to order from, but I can't make out what it has. April just replied to me about Vero Beach. She said it has "deli style" options to choose from.

Definitely not the buffet, but nothing is forever. I would imagine the sales side to be themed similar to TE/Settlement, but the Beach Club pics give an idea what may be offered.

This is supposed to be the current inside of TE. It doesn't look a lot different and seems to be a lot of seating for a grab-n-go. (Thanks April K for the pic)

1689555903030.png

Here are some pics of the Beach Club DVC Marketplace.

1689555031360.png

1689555061491.png

1689555093331.png

1689555131269.png

1689555158684.png

1689555352433.png

Looks like a few more weeks and we'll get our first look.

j

Attachments

• New TE.jpg
    New TE.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I just listened to a Disney friend's pod cast. She is a former CM and has blogged on the Fort for a long time. She stays there often and still has friends there. She posted this recent pic of the inside of TE and said it is due to open sometime the first half of August. She also said the "Marketplace" is expected to be similar to the one at the Vero Beach DVC and it is quite nice. From pics I found on the internet, the one at Beach Club appears to be part gift shop, part grab-n-go and has something for counter service. The pics I found show an overhead menu to order from, but I can't make out what it has. April just replied to me about Vero Beach. She said it has "deli style" options to choose from.

Definitely not the buffet, but nothing is forever. I would imagine the sales side to be themed similar to TE/Settlement, but the Beach Club pics give an idea what may be offered.

This is supposed to be the current inside of TE. It doesn't look a lot different and seems to be a lot of seating for a grab-n-go. (Thanks April K for the pic)

View attachment 778306

Here are some pics of the Vero Beach DVC Marketplace.

View attachment 778299

View attachment 778300

View attachment 778301

View attachment 778302

View attachment 778303

View attachment 778304

Looks like a few more weeks and we'll get our first look.

j
All very interesting, thanks for the updates!

Just to clarify, will it be like the quick service at Beach Club in WDW or Disney's resort at Vero Beach? You mention both, and these photos are of Beach Club, but they're two very different places!

This is pretty much what I predicted. Generic fast food offerings, but at least Beach Club has an allergy menu.

Beach Club Marketplace menus:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/beach-club-marketplace/menus/breakfast

Disney doesn't post an online menu for Vero Beach. Found one on menupix. Pretty much same deal. I'll assume that Disney does have allergy menus at Vero Beach.

Vero Beach Wind & Waves Market

https://verobeach.disney.go.com/dining/wind-and-waves-market/

https://www.menupix.com/menudirectory/menu.php?id=28745314

I am so so so disappointed. From the Deliciousness that was Trails End/P&Js to generic burgers, fries, and salads. Oh yes, and let's not forget the most important part....the gift shop!!!!

Last edited:
Just to clarify, will it be like the quick service at Beach Club in WDW or Disney's resort at Vero Beach? You mention both, and these photos are of Beach Club, but they're two very different places!
The pics are of Beach Club. I couldn't find any online of the inside of the "marketplace" at Vero, but April on her live cast said it "should" be similar to the one at Vero Beach and "it was very nice". She followed up to a note I sent her to say the one at Vero has "deli style" hot options. Except for the pic, most of this is 3rd hand and even April said we'll have to wait until it opens to see what we get. She did say CMs are currently in training, so that bodes well for an early August opening.

j

Last edited:
I am so so so disappointed. From the Deliciousness that was Trails End/P&Js to generic burgers, fries, and salads. Oh yes, and let's not forget the most important part....the gift shop!!!!

Since P&J's is still currently running, hopefully it will continue after this new version of Trail's End opens....

Also, since the Settlement Trading Post is right across the way, maybe they won't be using any of the TE space for a gift shop....

Also, since the Settlement Trading Post is right across the way, maybe they won't be using any of the TE space for a gift shop....
I have read P&Js will remain. It sells things that are served at Hoop-Dee-Do, so that wouldn't be a change for the kitchen. From the pic of the tables and chairs currently in TE, that doesn't leave a lot of room for much besides the grab-n-go, a deli order counter, the food racks and registers. Crocket's is staying, so that takes up that corner of the space. I would expect the Trading Post to remain the same.

j

Watched a Disney vlog last night. They were covering HDDR and they asked a CM working a drink station outside about TE. He said it was opening next week. Maybe it's a soft opening? If true, be prepared to see the vloggers out there hitting the joint.

The new Crockett’s menu has been posted but not the FULL TE menu.

Nothing has been mentioned about breakfast.

And in the pics from the Disney announcement, I see pulled pork, but there is no mention of that in the article.

The new Crockett’s menu has been posted but not the FULL TE menu.

Nothing has been mentioned about breakfast.

And in the pics from the Disney announcement, I see pulled pork, but there is no mention of that in the article.
I'm also curious about breakfast. That was always one of my favorite meals at TE.
Somebody mentioned that P&J's is now gone?? I guess we'll find out Thursday when the first posts come in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter