Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

Thanks for posting GB's Mom!

While not the buffet we all loved, this isn't a bad "reimagining". I'll definitely give it a try, especially the Crockett's bar food.

And I had to laugh when the article said; Crockett's Tavern was "Conveniently located near Trail’s End Restaurant".

Near!?! How about Inside TE.

Somebody mentioned that P&J's is now gone?? I guess we'll find out Thursday when the first posts come in.
It doesn't sound like P&Js is gone as much as the carry out has been rolled into the new Trails End. The article doesn't mention P&Js, so I suspect it may not be anymore, but all the favorites (fried chicken, mac and cheese) are still there plus a whole lot more.

j

Last edited:
I'm also curious about breakfast. That was always one of my favorite meals at TE.
Somebody mentioned that P&J's is now gone?? I guess we'll find out Thursday when the first posts come in.
I haven’t heard officially, but since there will be hot grab and go items, I can’t see that they will need P&J’s. But hopefully I’m wrong about that.

I’m really hoping to get out there Friday. If I make it, I’ll post pics.

After seeing pictures and reading the new menu items- I’m actually really excited about this transition! So many of our trusted favorites, as well as a bunch of new offerings ( can we say the trio of desserts at Crockett’s ❤️❤️)

Wish we had a trip coming up soon! Anyone want to road trip me some items to Minnesota? 😁 @tiggerdad I’m looking at you!!

Although a lot of what I read does sound as if it could possibly be already gluten free (like P&Js) or adaptable to GF, I'm holding my opinion until I see the allergy menus. The only thing mentioned in the article was GF 'cauliflower bites' which, since I don't like cauliflower, does NOT interest me at all.

I checked the Disney Dine page and it looks like the Crockett's menu has been updated but there's nothing for the new place. Trail's End is still shown as 'closed for refurbishment' so I wonder if they're going to keep the name in some form, "Trail's End Marketplace" or whatever.

WDW dining page still hasn't updated to show open and with the new menu/offerings for TE, so I expect it's a 'soft opening'.

I'm hoping someone has 'boots on the ground' today and pics show up here later today.

I guess it was inevitable, P&J's can no longer be found on the MDE app. Looks like their food and takeaway service is all handled by the new marketplace. Sad that they didn't find away to include the name somewhere in the new place since it honors longtime employees.

The marketplace has the same omission on mobile ordering that P&J's did- you can't pre-order individual gluten free cornbread on the app, but it does come with the gluten free rib meal.

I guess it was inevitable, P&J's can no longer be found on the MDE app. Looks like their food and takeaway service is all handled by the new marketplace. Sad that they didn't find away to include the name somewhere in the new place since it honors longtime employees.

The marketplace has the same omission on mobile ordering that P&J's did- you can't pre-order individual gluten free cornbread on the app, but it does come with the gluten free rib meal.

Well as someone who is GF, that's a bummer. I wonder if you can order it in person, though. That cornbread and some honey butter was a great snack or breakfast.

I will say that I am extremely pleased with the GF allergy menu. I hope others with food restrictions are just as pleased with their selections as I am with mine!

Hit up a few videos and sites with pics of the new stuff. See 8 piece bag of fried chicken in the hot grab n go space for 16.99… sides and stuff over there as well, racks of ribs… looks like could be ok.

I agree with this. Bama Ed

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more reports about the experience of this new marketplace.
Is there a list of ice cream flavors?
Where is the PB&J cupcake that was initially mentioned?
What happened to the Davy Crockett picture? I would love to buy that one.
How much is a slice of pizza that was supposed to be available?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :D

I’ve seen video walkthroughs of the new T.E. Not impressed. I thought there would at least be stations where one could get fresh hot food, like at the French Quarter, etc. Nope, from what I saw it’s just pre-prepped/bagged single foods (e.g. 1 lb. pulled pork) under hot lamps.

The food area—where the pizzas and ice cream are looked sterile and uninteresting. There was a dissonance (IMHO) in the color scheme. The burnt orange of some of the seating vs. the goldish(? cream?) of other seating, coupled with the faux cow hide of some of the chairs, with a geometric patterned carpeted area, mixed with an (again in my point of view) unfortunate modernistic take on countrified chandelier, just didn’t jive with me.

Also, I dislike the seating, where two tables are put together to form seating for six. So, if only two people are seated at this grouping, and there aren’t any other seats available (doubtful, but has happened), what to do? I absolutely hate the “family seating” that was common at the Biergarten pre-covid, and wouldn’t want to have to do that at the T.E.

Ugh. I know change is hard, but, I’ve even surprised myself at how sad this new iteration has made me. They took a restaurant that was special, and made it so blah that there is nothing in it to make it as relaxed and homey as it had been.

ETA: I just saw a Disney News video suggesting the new TE was reminiscent of a Cracker Barrel. I concur.

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more reports about the experience of this new marketplace.
Is there a list of ice cream flavors?
Where is the PB&J cupcake that was initially mentioned?
What happened to the Davy Crockett picture? I would love to buy that one.
How much is a slice of pizza that was supposed to be available?

Inquiring minds would like to know. :D
Not sure if this link is allowed, but Mouse Steps has a good write-up that includes all this info: https://www.mousesteps.com/2023/07/...p05XVOQnOk4Q5hGh4GwbUcrok1idoADMsMHvAc15pdcDk

For my family the all you care to eat buffet had run its course. I know change is hard and theres arguments both ways for changing it or staying the same but I have to say that I dont hate the new setup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter