• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Training Talk - No Disney Race Planned for Awhile

I fully admit I need to get over running in the rain and the cold, but I haven't run outside since the 10k in December. I've used the gym because it's either been colder than I want to run in or too much rain.

I live near Seattle, so it rains, and I've run in the rain but I don't want to run in a downpour. Tomorrow I move up to 5 miles and I just can't do that on the treadmill at the gym and I want to be back outside. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but I don't know if it's on/off, light etc. How do you get motivated to run in wet weather? I've got proper clothes already. I just don't like getting so wet.

I don't run in rain so I can't offer much in the way of suggestions. :o I don't like it either. I either move my run day or go to the gym and do it on the treadmill, which I do hate.

I have been having to long run on the weekends lately due to the cold/weather. We had a couple Friday or Saturday snowstorms the last few weeks, and tomorrow it's supposed to be like 0F air temp, -25F with the wind chill, so to the treadmill I go, which does stink because I am a lot slower on the treadmill than I am outside, so my "long" runs haven't ended up being very long. I will run outside down to about 20F. I bailed out at 60 minutes/4.75 miles last week on the treadmill because I ran out of time to go longer. Tomorrow I will have to go earlier... I need to get a longer run in but I also need to be out of the gym by like 8:10 to get to the animal shelter I volunteer at by 8:30 to take dogs on their morning walks.

I did 4 miles at the gym 2 weeks ago because it was cold, though you are braver than I am, I don't like going out under 40 though I have. 4 is over what I want to do at the gym. My long runs are always saturdays because it's easier. My gym doesn't open on the weekend until 8, though are generally unlocked with things going at 7:45. I don't get it. If I had to do longer than 4 at the gym I would be a bit more ok with it if I could start earlier than 8.

It's at least looking like the rain will hold off til later in the morning so hopefully I can be up and out between 7:30 and 7:45. Just have to decide if I dress for the 45-50 degrees it will be with no rain or with rain, since I need to dress warmer for rain.

I live in NH so I kinda have to make myself ok with the cold a lot of the time, or I wouldn't have much of the year to run outdoors! :) Luckily my gym opens at 5am during the week and 6am on the weekends, so I can get going pretty early, but I do not like it at all. I need to get over to the animal shelter for volunteering by 8:30, and I want to try and get at least an hour in, so I need to get out of the house tomorrow by like 6:40. Urgh!

I hope the rain holds off for you and you get your outdoor run! :)

I live in NH so I kinda have to make myself ok with the cold a lot of the time, or I wouldn't have much of the year to run outdoors! :) Luckily my gym opens at 5am during the week and 6am on the weekends, so I can get going pretty early, but I do not like it at all. I need to get over to the animal shelter for volunteering by 8:30, and I want to try and get at least an hour in, so I need to get out of the house tomorrow by like 6:40. Urgh!

I hope the rain holds off for you and you get your outdoor run! :)

I hope you got a good run in before walking the dogs. Mine was dry.

Curious about other's thoughts. If you just aren't feeling it, is it better to cut the run short or skip it if it means the run will end up being junk miles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter