Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

The MCO website lists Wingz as a rideshare company, but their website states you can reserve your ride in advance. It lists 3 drivers but only 2 have profiles linked. Anyone here have any experience with Wingz?

We're a family of 5 with three little ones (4, 2, 6 months at time of trip) and I'm not excited about the idea of bringing 3 car seats or renting a car that would never be driven. Since uber car seat only guarantees 1 car seat (and has questionable amount of driver participation at this point) the only thing I can think of to get us from MCO to our universal hotel is the superstar shuttle. Is there any alternative I'm missing here that would be able to provide 3 car seats or not require any at all? Thanks.

Just FYI that Florida car seat laws are lax compared to some jurisdictions. The 4 year old only requires a low back booster by law, and the 2 YO will only require a forward facing seat. If you want a full car seat/rear facing I would be sure to specify in your booking or choose to bring your own.

Hi-we are scheduled for the suer star shuttle for when we arrive-Do we have to get our own luggage-I am assuming yes?

Also they said they would email us for us to put our flight info but we haven't gotten that yet-does that come the day before?

What's the approximate driving time from RP to MCO on a Thursday morning? Trying to estimate what time I might need to leave RP on departure day. Will probably be taking rideshare, although not certain yet.
:thanks:

What's the approximate driving time from RP to MCO on a Thursday morning? Trying to estimate what time I might need to leave RP on departure day. Will probably be taking rideshare, although not certain yet.
:thanks:

It's normally a 20 minute drive, or so. The rest depends on traffic. Both rush hour and park traffic can play a role, so that impact really depends on what time of the morning you are going. If you can note what part of the morning you would be leaving, hopefully some of the locals could give you a more accurate response.

Hi-we are scheduled for the suer star shuttle for when we arrive-Do we have to get our own luggage-I am assuming yes?

Also they said they would email us for us to put our flight info but we haven't gotten that yet-does that come the day before?
That email usually comes right away as far as I recall

Yes you have to get your own luggage

That email usually comes right away as far as I recall

Yes you have to get your own luggage
We did get an email but they mentioned having a more descriptive email (like including where to go at MCO) the day before.

And we figured as such with the luggage-seems to be standard now-tho tbh i do not mind given the fact it once took ME 6 hours post us being there to get our luggage.

That could be - Im pretty sure there is a number in the original email and you can call them to set the flight info

If you get there outside the "normal hours" be aware it may take a while for them to get you - also they dont want you to call them till you have your luggage and are exiting

It's normally a 20 minute drive, or so. The rest depends on traffic. Both rush hour and park traffic can play a role, so that impact really depends on what time of the morning you are going. If you can note what part of the morning you would be leaving, hopefully some of the locals could give you a more accurate response.
Thanks. I want to arrive at MCO around noon. Trying to work backwards from that.

Thanks. I want to arrive at MCO around noon. Trying to work backwards from that.

Shouldn't hit too much at that point - unless there is construction or an accident that pops up. Rush hour is past, parks are all open, nothing really to gum up the works at that time of day. I would expect that you would fall in the 20 minute range unless there is a problem. How much 'just in case' time you want to build in is a very individual question.

Just wanted to chime in and say we used Orlando Luxury Transportation for our airport transfers last week. We used a Limo to pick us up as a surprise to our kids. It was expensive at $219 (Not including tip) but we used credit card points to pay for our hotel and tickets, so we splurged here since it was for my son's 13th birthday. Excellent service. Our driver met us at luggage claim with a ipad/tablet with our name on it, and was super professional and friendly. And the car was so cool! It was a Lincoln and very fancy. Definitely exceeded my expectations and my kids thought it was awesome!
For the trip home, we also used them but got a suburban which was still more costly than some options at $91 (not including tip). But again had immaculate service and the car was in perfect condition. Would absolutely recommend them. They kept in constant contact, texting me when the driver was on his way and when he arrived.

We just used them for our trip -- for to/from the airport, and for transportation between Universal and Disney. Just chiming in to echo your recommendation: the drivers were on-time, the vehicles were in beautiful like-new condition, and the communication was excellent.

Didn't get a response from Tony on whether he could provide 3 car seats (seems unlikely anyway) so went ahead and booked the super star shuttle. Only around $100 roundtrip for 2 adults, 1 kid, 2 infants. An acceptable amount for not having to deal with car seats.

The lady on the phone when booking the reservation originally told me there was going to be an email with a link to provide flight info, but the only thing I see is an email directing me to call a number (which just rings busy and doesn't give me an option to hold) to provide flight info. Anyone know if that's in fact the only way to provide flight info for a superstar shuttle reservation? Thanks.

Didn't get a response from Tony on whether he could provide 3 car seats (seems unlikely anyway) so went ahead and booked the super star shuttle. Only around $100 roundtrip for 2 adults, 1 kid, 2 infants. An acceptable amount for not having to deal with car seats.

The lady on the phone when booking the reservation originally told me there was going to be an email with a link to provide flight info, but the only thing I see is an email directing me to call a number (which just rings busy and doesn't give me an option to hold) to provide flight info. Anyone know if that's in fact the only way to provide flight info for a superstar shuttle reservation? Thanks.
Yes it’s a bit of a process. They will email and text you closer to your arrival. I would call them just to make sure the reservation is received.
I found superstar to be good, just hard to find the check in desk (it’s all the way down by Hertz I believe so it’s a looooonnnnggg walk)

Just wanted to comment on my recent experiences with uber - first no issues getting a car.
There were some questions about there being enough drivers.

Id recommend spending a couple of dollars more and getting the Uber Comfort if you have the option
Below are the prices without tips.
With Uber Comfort you get a better car and driver - Lexus, Mercedes and SUVs in my cases - all but one helped with luggage and were professional drivers. Worth the 2-3 dollars more IMO.

The booking fees in Orlando are pretty high IMO - that goes right to uber and was around $6 per trip (included in the prices below)

MCO to HRH was 38.07 - at 10:30AM (there is an Airport fee of just over $5 included in this + the toll)
Sapphire to MCO was 29.09 - at 2PM (No Airport fee for drop off but still the toll)

Trips between Hotels:
HRH to Swan (Disney) - 23.63 - at 8AM
Swan to PB - 24.19 - 4PM
PB to Renaissance SeaWorld - 15.97 - 8AM
Renaissance SeaWorld to Sapphire - 15 - 2PM

We recently used Tony and wanted to provide a little feedback. First of all, we found Tony to be friendly and very laid back. I had marked I was using cash and then totally forgot it at home and was very stressed about now not having a way to pay. Tony called back and was super laid back about it. He ended up just sending an invoice a few days later and I had enough cash to trip the driver so it worked out and I appreciated that. The driver we ended up having was on time and got us there safely so that was good too.
The communication, however, would make me hesitate to book again. We got a call the night before from Art saying he was picking us up. I texted back that night to say we got his message, texted that our flight was on time, then again when we landed, and then when we were at baggage claim with no response. I tried texting Tony and no response. I call Art and he is really confused…Tony switched him to a different job and someone was supposed to have contacted me. He kindly calls Tony for me and after several minutes, said I have a new driver he should be contacting me. It took about five minutes and then the other driver called. One of our bags took awhile to show up and so we only had to wait about 10 minutes for him to come. I got the feeling though that there wasn’t a driver lined up for us and he must’ve had a connection to someone. When I got in the car I saw a slip of paper on top with my name on it, which seemed to be something he had just copied from a phone call.
Again, Tony seemed very nice, but it was very stressful, especially with three kids trying to get our luggage and also figure out what was going on.

How does Tony (and co.) preferred to be paid? We have a 4 leg trip and didn't know if we should plan on paying for it all upon the first people coming in, per leg etc... I did email him yesterday and am still waiting on an email back.

I always ask Tony to send me an invoice so I can prepay. I did this last week and he responded within 20 minutes.

How does Tony (and co.) preferred to be paid? We have a 4 leg trip and didn't know if we should plan on paying for it all upon the first people coming in, per leg etc... I did email him yesterday and am still waiting on an email back.

I usually pay the entire amount on the first leg and I think that's the way that he prefers it. It just keeps things simple!

I always try to pay in cash - Tony is a great guy and his prices are very reasonable. I would rather he get the full amount and not make him give the credit card company a cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter