• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I usually pay the entire amount on the first leg and I think that's the way that he prefers it. It just keeps things simple!

I always try to pay in cash - Tony is a great guy and his prices are very reasonable. I would rather he get the full amount and not make him give the credit card company a cut.
He emailed me back before I sent another out. All at first pickup is what he confirmed (which makes sense, but one time I swear the guy he sent said half each leg in case it wasn't him picking us up.)

FOUR DAYS TO GO.

If you use Tony for that first leg ride and pay in full, and have a different driver for your return to the airport, Tony will give that driver his share

I have experienced that before.
I only give a tip to the new driver if I paid the total car service up front

Tony is always on the level

We ended up using the superstar shuttle and had a very positive experience. Booked by calling the phone number listed on the website.. they let me add the shuttle after I gave them my hotel reservation confirmation #. (I was told that I would not have been able to book the shuttle standalone or if the room had not been booked directly with universal.) It was $100ish roundtrip for two adults, one 4 year old and two infants. Totally worth a little extra money compared to an Uber, given that we didn't need to worry about the hassle of car seats. Communication was good the entire way through, we received several texts and emails reminding us about the process. We didn't have to wait long at all for either leg of the trip. Of note, I did intentionally line up my flights so that arrival and depart times were during their normal business hours, so I can't say how the experience would have gone otherwise. I was very apprehensive about using Superstar but moving forward wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

After 10 years of using Tony - I finally MET him! LOL
We booked a 3-4 leg trip with him over the holiday week. My mom and aunt came in on a Thursday and he had Juste pick them up. We came in on a Saturday and Tony took us to Cabana Bay. Monday Tony drove us all to the port for our cruise then picked us up on Friday when we came back.
Very easy to email, text, talk too and excellent pricing.

We used Tony Hinds on the 16th to get to Disney and then again on Friday to get from our Universal hotel to the airport. Highly recommend. Tony is fantastic.

When using Tony Hinds from MCO to RPR- Which grocery store do you stop at?

When using Tony Hinds from MCO to RPR- Which grocery store do you stop at?

Publix. If you want to do a pick-up (versus shopping in store), he can give you the address. On almost every trip, we have a "darn, I forgot to get that before I left" item so we usually just shop in the store.

Publix. If you want to do a pick-up (versus shopping in store), he can give you the address. On almost every trip, we have a "darn, I forgot to get that before I left" item so we usually just shop in the store.
That's exactly what I am wanting to do- do a pick up order. I emailed him for the address so hopefully I get that soon as we get there Saturday morning. Plus- I need my PubSub :love:

That's exactly what I am wanting to do- do a pick up order. I emailed him for the address so hopefully I get that soon as we get there Saturday morning. Plus- I need my PubSub :love:

There is a liquor store right by the Publix we usually go to with Tony. The boys always run over there and get their stash for the week. Having them sit right beside each other makes it a great stop for us.

If you use Tony for that first leg ride and pay in full, and have a different driver for your return to the airport, Tony will give that driver his share

I have experienced that before.
I only give a tip to the new driver if I paid the total car service up front

Tony is always on the level

Yes and if you include the tip for the round trip when you pay the first leg, no need to tip again, Tony will forward it to the new driver. We usually make one payment with tip for both legs. And, have from time to time had a different driver for the return home. Never an issue.

After 10 years of using Tony - I finally MET him! LOL
We booked a 3-4 leg trip with him over the holiday week. My mom and aunt came in on a Thursday and he had Juste pick them up. We came in on a Saturday and Tony took us to Cabana Bay. Monday Tony drove us all to the port for our cruise then picked us up on Friday when we came back.
Very easy to email, text, talk too and excellent pricing.

Tony has become like family to us. He is such an amazing man, on a personal level.

Question about Tony Hinds… I just submitted my information for a round trip but he only asked for information about my arriving flight but not my departure. When does he take your departure information? Also, do I need to ask about a grocery stop up front?

You will provide the second leg info when you see him

do send him a note you are requesting a grocery stop

When I have booked my flight, I email Tony all of my information: # in party, arrival flight carrier/number/date/time, departure flight carrier/number/date/time, destination and pickup location (if they’re different), and grocery stop request. Within a week of arrival, I’ll text him to verify the pickup. During pickup, he will verify your departure information. Tony will then request that you text him a day before pickup to finalize the return trip information: pickup time and location, and which airline to determine drop off gate. I usually request to be picked up 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure.

My last trip was October and I met him
Outside at the designated area for pick up
He sent me a text to let me know where to meet him

system can vary at the date due to current policy
You will be send a text letting you know where he is parked

not sure if they allow drivers to meet you inside at the carousel luggage pick up
Procedure did change for my fall trip in October

Tony will text you once you at the baggage area.

Question about Tony Hinds… I just submitted my information for a round trip but he only asked for information about my arriving flight but not my departure. When does he take your departure information? Also, do I need to ask about a grocery stop up front?
He will reconfirm your return trip info once you are in his car
If you need a grocery stop, send him a note

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter