Transportation to US/IoA

We will probably do the DU deal for $119.99 for Universal 2-Park+Roundtrip Shuttle. It's a really good deal with tickets to Universal alone being 112.00 and Shuttle purchased separately 19.00. We were thinking of Taxis but I'd seen that it'd be 68.00 roundtrip lol

One question though...

How late can you set up the pick up time from Universal studios??

We will probably do the DU deal for $119.99 for Universal 2-Park+Roundtrip Shuttle. It's a really good deal with tickets to Universal alone being 112.00 and Shuttle purchased separately 19.00. We were thinking of Taxis but I'd seen that it'd be 68.00 roundtrip lol

One question though...

How late can you set up the pick up time from Universal studios??
I'm pretty sure they run at least as long as the parks are open...and most likely longer. I would check when making the reservations. You do have to call them the day before to set up your departure time. Then, about 2 hrs before you're ready to leave the parks you can call Mears and they will tell you what time to be at the bus stop. OR you can arrange for that pickup time in advance. So, you should be able to ask when you call the first time.

I am thinking of heading to Universal Studios for 1 day and Disney for 5+ days. The problem is transportation. I am thinking that it might make sense to rent a car from the airport and get a cheap hotel near Universal at the beginning of the trip. Do you think that I could drive the car back to the airport at the end of the Universal day and then catch the Magical Express as if I had just arrived? Is that even allowed?

I am thinking of heading to Universal Studios for 1 day and Disney for 5+ days. The problem is transportation. I am thinking that it might make sense to rent a car from the airport and get a cheap hotel near Universal at the beginning of the trip. Do you think that I could drive the car back to the airport at the end of the Universal day and then catch the Magical Express as if I had just arrived? Is that even allowed?
Sure you can. You don't need to be actually arriving on a plane in order to ride DME. As long as your reservation at WDW is in effect when you want to ride the bus, you're good to go.

Any special deals if you only need to take Mears one way? I just need to get from Universal to Disney property(preferably AK or DTD)

Any special deals if you only need to take Mears one way? I just need to get from Universal to Disney property(preferably AK or DTD)
I would call them and check. The thing is...if you have luggage with you, you can't take the shuttle bus. You will have to arrange private transport.
You may be better off just getting a car service or a cab.

I would call them and check. The thing is...if you have luggage with you, you can't take the shuttle bus. You will have to arrange private transport.
You may be better off just getting a car service or a cab.

I had totally forgotten about the luggage. I hope the hotel will hold it there until we are done at the park. I had planned on having a rental car and stowing it in there. I'll probably just take a cab.

Question: If I rent a car from Disney Car Care Center and return it, can they take me to the airport? Is there a rental car company that will do that for me if its not the Disney Car Care Center?

Question: If I rent a car from Disney Car Care Center and return it, can they take me to the airport? Is there a rental car company that will do that for me if its not the Disney Car Care Center?

I doubt it. They will shuttle you to a WDW destination, but not all the way to MCO. If are leaving from your WDW resort you should be able to take DME. Or just change the return area to MCO and drive yourself there.

If you have further questions, you may want to start a fresh thread on the regular trans board. This thread is primarily for issues getting to US/IoA from WDW.

I know Mears is $20 PP fpr RT from Disney but what if I do one way to HRH then the next am to the airport would it be the same or just a bit more? How much is Taxi to MCO from HRH? We are going on the Dream.

Anyone get the Universal 2 day/2 park passes with shuttle service from DU? Wondering if the park days have to be consecutive? Anyone know :confused:

Anyone get the Universal 2 day/2 park passes with shuttle service from DU? Wondering if the park days have to be consecutive? Anyone know :confused:

i have read on the boards that it can be used for consecutive days.

i was looking for the link/banner that advertises the special of tickets and transportation from wdw to uo.

didn't find it.

I received an e-mail from Julie at Dreams Unlimited:

Thanks for your interest in Dreams Unlimited Travel.
The Universal 2 day/2 park ticket does include two days of transportation to and from Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. The days do not have to be consecutive, but the second day must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.

Hope this helps clarify some ???s :thumbsup2

I received an e-mail from Julie at Dreams Unlimited:

Thanks for your interest in Dreams Unlimited Travel.
The Universal 2 day/2 park ticket does include two days of transportation to and from Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. The days do not have to be consecutive, but the second day must be used within 14 days of the first day of use.

Hope this helps clarify some ???s :thumbsup2
Thanks for the update...I'm sure that is going to be very helpful to others.

DU now has a pop-up window with additional information concerning the US tickets and shuttle transfers:

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
2-DAY/2-PARK WITH ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS
ORDER ONLINE TODAY!!

You receive a 2-Day/2-Park experience with transportation to Universal Orlando from your Disney Area Hotel.

* Includes roundtrip transfers to Universal Orlando Resort from Disney Area Hotels, including the Official Disney World Resort Hotels.
* Two (2) day admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
* This special offer is only available for advance purchase!

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation

Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:

* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

Electronic Pickup Option

This provides a fast and secure way to collect your online ticket purchase. Electronic Ticketing Machines are conveniently located near the front gate of each theme park. Swipe the credit card used during your online purchase (for verification only). Enter the confirmation number provided on your email receipt. Print out your tickets. Tickets can also be picked up at Guest Services, but only by the person who's name the tickets are under. $1.99 per ticket processing fee

ALSO: When you order your tickets/transfers, the site asks for your travel arrival date. Julie from DU emailed this to me-
'The tickets do not expire until 14 days after the first day of entry into the park. The transfer vouchers have a seven day window, so your arrival date needs to be as close as possible to the actual day you will go to Universal.'

Hope this helps others with planning :cool1:

I dont know what to do. We are going to Universal for one day from Pop. We will have our 2 year old with us(no carseat). I was going to book the DU deal but we may get a bus or we could get a van. I called Mears and they said if we are sent a van she still doesnt need to be in a carseat(called back again just to make sure). I am not comfortable with that. Thought about a rental but then would still need a carseat and we are using Cares on the plane.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter