Travelling to DLP

nikifm

Earning My Ears
Hi all, me again!
Just wondering, we're looking at booking a trip for 3 of us to DLP sometime next year (undecided when, looking around at the best value dates) but if we get a good value date then the travel is ridiculous prices!
So - what's the best way people have found to travel to Disney. Price wise, ease wise etcc [=
Thanks [=

searching for offers over different countries DLP sites. Offers are different and prices are different. For example same hotel, same dates, same 40 off offer, but price difference is 100 Eur. So hunting for the best offer price works out the best for me.

depending on where in the midlands you are, you might find Easyjet flights from Luton, or Flybe from East Mids, might work.

Could you drive and take the ferry or eurotunnel?

Are you hoping to go via Eurostar? If so then have a look at the non-direct routes, eg via Lille or Paris. Having said that, the prices for these routes aren't usually released as far in advance as the direct train.

We always travel via Direct Eurostar from St Pancras International. We always book well in advance for our trips and pay £34.50 each way (£69 return) per adult.

Might have a look at the direct Eurostar but when I looked it was nearly £350 for 3 of us! Will have a closer look

Might have a look at the direct Eurostar but when I looked it was nearly £350 for 3 of us! Will have a closer look

Indirect Eurostar will probably be cheaper, and still quite straightforward if you change at Lille rather than Paris.

Also the Eurostar takes you right to the station at DLP. If you decide to fly remember to factor in the cost of getting from the airport to DLP - about another £65 if you use the VEA shuttle for example

I book at least 7 months in advance to get the £69 return ticket price. For our March 2013 trip I booked the Eurostar tickets in August.

We drive and cross the channel on Eurotunnel. Prices in advance can be as low as £44 return for a car. Journey from Calais is approx. three and a half hours and if you use the toll roads you need to add in 50 Euros for the return trip, plus petrol. You might find driving to Folkestone, staying the night in a Travel Lodge or equivalent and getting an early morning train viable and still cheaper than the alternatives.

Me and DFi are getting the Megabus, it's cost us £54 both ways for both of us. Although, I realise it's not a very easy option and I definitely wouldn't even consider it if we had children.

I prefer to drive to Disney, i'm fortunate to live in Kent so have easy access to the tunnel & ports. It so much easier as you have better time slots to travel & you have no luggage restraints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter