• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

After flip-flopping on soo many resort options, we finally settled at staying at the Swan in a Deluxe Alcove suite to take advantage of the CL FP offer and to be close to Epcot and HS. While it’s not as expensive as CL at other Disney resorts, it’s still pretty pricey.

Problem is, we won’t be going until December and I’m worried that the “pilot” program will go away by then. That’s one of the bigger draws for us to splurge on this room vs getting a much cheaper Disney resort option and purchasing two VIP tours (Ultimate and Night).

This might sound like overkill, but should I have a back up plan with a cheaper Disney resort reservation just in case this program gets dissolved and our other option is the VIP tours?

I’d cancel it in a September once my FPs are booked.

Thoughts? Am I loony? My partner and I are definitely in agreement that rides are our priority for this trip!

Last edited:
It would be really nice if they allowed you to get the “4th” fast pass after the first three and still have the CL three extras on top of that (wishful thinking I know). I love being able to go from ride to ride refreshing after the third fast pass. Not sure if I would like it if I had to wait 5-6 hours to do this especially paying so much extra? What have others experiences been like?

It would be really nice if they allowed you to get the “4th” fast pass after the first three and still have the CL three extras on top of that (wishful thinking I know). I love being able to go from ride to ride refreshing after the third fast pass. Not sure if I would like it if I had to wait 5-6 hours to do this especially paying so much extra? What have others experiences been like?

You can refresh as soon as your three "regular" FPs are used, you just can't book a 4th+ regular FP during a time slot occupied by one of your remaining paid CL extra FPs.

You can refresh as soon as your three "regular" FPs are used, you just can't book a 4th+ regular FP during a time slot occupied by one of your remaining paid CL extra FPs.
Thanks. That’s what I figured but I don’t really see the benefit as I can usually just refresh a 4th, 5th, 6th.....etc, FP in succession and go from ride to ride without the wait in between FPs. Might be good with the new teiring at HS but usually I don’t have a problem at MK, not enough rides at Epcot and only issue at AK would be trying to get on both FOP and Navi (but I can usually snag a Navi 4th FP with a little work). Since I have not done the CL FP I have no experience, so I was just wondering what others think about it given the cost and fact you can usually get 3+ additional FPs by refreshing realively easily (at least that has been my experience).

Thanks. That’s what I figured but I don’t really see the benefit as I can usually just refresh a 4th, 5th, 6th.....etc, FP in succession and go from ride to ride without the wait in between FPs. Might be good with the new teiring at HS but usually I don’t have a problem at MK, not enough rides at Epcot and only issue at AK would be trying to get on both FOP and Navi (but I can usually snag a Navi 4th FP with a little work). Since I have not done the CL FP I have no experience, so I was just wondering what others think about it given the cost and fact you can usually get 3+ additional FPs by refreshing realively easily (at least that has been my experience).
It works extremely well for us, but we are an itinerary driven family. We also go at a busy time. It was very nice to have everything booked so we could adjust our schedules in between (meals, shows, breaks). We do choose to do CL FPs first, so that we can then modify our rest of the day. We start scheduling our CL FPs for the first hour of park opening and then go every hour.

Not sure if this has been asked before (sorry if yes) but if park is opening earlier --6AM instead of 9AM for extra magic hours-- would CLFPs come into play?
I know that if a park opens an hour earlier for hotel guests, that regular FP+ isn't available for use until park officially opens for all.
Is it the same for CLFP?
Thanks.

Not sure if this has been asked before (sorry if yes) but if park is opening earlier --6AM instead of 9AM for extra magic hours-- would CLFPs come into play?
I know that if a park opens an hour earlier for hotel guests, that regular FP+ isn't available for use until park officially opens for all.
Is it the same for CLFP?
Thanks.
Yes, it’s the same for CL FP. They can only be reserved during regular park hours.

Yes, it’s the same for CL FP. They can only be reserved during regular park hours.

That's what I was thinking---just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

ETA--While I am excited for the extra hours at DHS, it's really throwing a monkey wrench into my FP plans.

i called club level today to ask a few questions. last thing cast member said to me was remember by my trip the trial program might be over. we go again in april.

i personally thunk they are going to just cont the program but double the price of it and include star wars land. just my opinion.

i called club level today to ask a few questions. last thing cast member said to me was remember by my trip the trial program might be over. we go again in april.

i personally thunk they are going to just cont the program but double the price of it and include star wars land. just my opinion.
my family is not going until next summer....s I have a year from now to save for the $new$ CL FP. I do wish Disney will throw those nighttime reserved viewing spots back if they want to jack up the $$$

I wonder if the CL FP wasn’t a trial for something bigger. Especially since there’s a rumor going around that WDW could be going to a paid FP for all. It makes me wonder if this trial wasn’t a test to see if people would actually pay for FP.

I have a month to go until I choose our FPs. It's more of a challenge this time around since we are only doing three days in the parks, but want to visit all 4 parks. We are only planning three park days with the HOPE that hubby is given 1 day conference tickets and we will spend one extra evening in Epcot (hopefully try to get at least one Tier 1 day of).

Anyone have an itinerary of 3 days with 4 parks? Some must do rides are:

HS: SDD, RnR, ToT, TSMM (ugh, SWGE I guess we'd want to see?) We also love Fantasmic.
AK: FoP, Everest, Dinosaur No Rivers of Light (maybe even skip AK this trip??)
EP: TT, Frozen, Soarin No "new" Illuminations
MK: Many....we will take advantage of EMH morning to get littler rides in FL out of the way. Must is 7D, Splash and Space. No HEA.

Thanks!

I have a month to go until I choose our FPs. It's more of a challenge this time around since we are only doing three days in the parks, but want to visit all 4 parks. We are only planning three park days with the HOPE that hubby is given 1 day conference tickets and we will spend one extra evening in Epcot (hopefully try to get at least one Tier 1 day of).

Anyone have an itinerary of 3 days with 4 parks? Some must do rides are:

HS: SDD, RnR, ToT, TSMM (ugh, SWGE I guess we'd want to see?) We also love Fantasmic.
AK: FoP, Everest, Dinosaur No Rivers of Light (maybe even skip AK this trip??)
EP: TT, Frozen, Soarin No "new" Illuminations
MK: Many....we will take advantage of EMH morning to get littler rides in FL out of the way. Must is 7D, Splash and Space. No HEA.

Thanks!
Based on your list of must-do rides, you can probably spend half day at EP using your CL FP and spend the other half of the same day at AK using your regular three FP.

Based on your list of must-do rides, you can probably spend half day at EP using your CL FP and spend the other half of the same day at AK using your regular three FP.
That's a good idea. Start off at AK with FoP, EE and Dinosaur, then make a rolling 4th FP for something in EP and have the CLs for TT, Soarin and Frozen - end with Frozen/WS/F&W. Maybe do this on Saturday when AK had morning EMH (although that means F&W on a Saturday night). Thank you!

Ok - so I finally got moving on an intinerary today. So how do I play this???

HS day
9 - 10 - SDD
10 - 11 - TSMM
11 - 12 - ToT
12 - 1 - RnR

I have two more to use - how do I do this and be able to hop over to MK and pre-book two more FPs? (let's use 7D and Space as the example)

Ok - so I finally got moving on an intinerary today. So how do I play this???

HS day
9 - 10 - SDD
10 - 11 - TSMM
11 - 12 - ToT
12 - 1 - RnR

I have two more to use - how do I do this and be able to hop over to MK and pre-book two more FPs? (let's use 7D and Space as the example)

That might be tricky. As of the opening of SWGE, they are changing FP tiers for HS. All four of those will now be tier 1, so you'd need to use CL FPs for 3 of them. I suggest starting at MK with regular FPs, use CL FPs for 3 of the HS rides, and hope to score a 4th regular for late in the day for HS. I think with the new tiers ToT and/or RnR may be available for later times as long as you schedule your MK FPs early enough. Since RnR has single rider, I'd leave that to be your 4th, and if it's a must do, you can still minimize wait time that way.

That might be tricky. As of the opening of SWGE, they are changing FP tiers for HS. All four of those will now be tier 1, so you'd need to use CL FPs for 3 of them. I suggest starting at MK with regular FPs, use CL FPs for 3 of the HS rides, and hope to score a 4th regular for late in the day for HS. I think with the new tiers ToT and/or RnR may be available for later times as long as you schedule your MK FPs early enough. Since RnR has single rider, I'd leave that to be your 4th, and if it's a must do, you can still minimize wait time that way.
Agree... that would work. As soon as your tap at the 3rd FP in MK, just book the 4th FP in HS.

The problem is we def will be starting the day at HS. I’ll have to think this day through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter