Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Do you have to tell them which fast passes you want to be booked as the paid ones or is it obvious when you're booking all tier ones for a certain park?

Also, there have been multiple posts about using your "free" FPs earlier vs. later...somebody give me a final answer about that. ;) Just make the decision for me!

So, if I am staying for 6 nights I can do the extra FPs for as few or as many days as I want? In other words there is no minimum number of days you have to buy to take advantage of this? My family would only benefit from this for Toy Story Land.

Last edited:
So, if I am staying for 6 nights I can do the extra FPs for as few or as many days as I want? In other words there is no minimum number of days you have to buy to take advantage of this? My family would only benefit from this for Toy Story Land.

There is a 3 day minimum purchase.

I did mine today. Purchased for all five days my son and I there. Booked regular FPs in morning and then did CL FPs so I could try to get additional regular FPs after using the original 3. The CM at DSS, Christina, was great.

I had all planned out. I got all the times and rides I wanted. I booked CL preferred seating for HEA, Illuminations and Fantasmic. In all 30 minutes but worth it.

If we do Spirit if Aloha 5:15 show can we make it to the HEA CL FP+ viewing area in time for the show without rushing? (Not lollygaging like, we are just a slow moving group as my parents are older.)

Can somebody clarify for me duplicating a fastpass, once on the paid once on the standard 3? I had doubled some up and called DSS to modify a paid fastpass. She unprompted from me noticed one of the doubled up fp on a different day and told me when I used the 1st one the second would be canceled.

Can somebody clarify for me duplicating a fastpass, once on the paid once on the standard 3? I had doubled some up and called DSS to modify a paid fastpass. She unprompted from me noticed one of the doubled up fp on a different day and told me when I used the 1st one the second would be canceled.
The info from the CM is incorrect.

All the DISers who have duplicated a Tier 1 using a regular FP have confirmed there is not a problem when using them.

Each FP in the FP system has its own code. When you use the FP, only that FP is deducted from your MDX Profile. The conclusion is that DSS CMs who are giving out this bogus info have no idea how the FP system works. The DSS CMs, who are explaining “Modifying” the regular FPs to duplicate Tier 1s, know that there isn’t a problem at all.

So, your DSS CM was incorrect and the previously noted DSS CM who allowed a CL FP Guest to have 9 FPs per day was also incorrect. If this program continues, the incorrect info from DSS CMs will also continue.

Thank you for the reply. Of late I frequently feel like I understand how the system works more than many cast members. I am going to gamble with it I think.

She did tell me they are trying to change the system to prevent people from booking duplicates.

She did tell me they are trying to change the system to prevent people from booking duplicates.
I think they will try to integrate the two systems if the program is successful. When they do you won't be able to double up. Until then you can unless you call DSS after you have changed your regular FP+. They are watching but the system can't do anything about it yet. I really don't see the big deal. If I paid for the privilege of having the 3 FP's that are non tiered, I should then be able to book my regular FP's like everyone else. That should be part of the benefit of paying. I'm not taking away anyone's tier 1 FP. The CM's have said the paid and regular FP's come from two separate pools for now. It seems to me it would be similar to getting free FP's when something goes wrong. We will all have to wait and see what WDW does with this program in the future.

Ahh she is incorrect / mistaken / making it up. Guest's can't book duplicates or even overlapping FPs. The CL paid FP's are entered the same way that Guest Service and other select teams add FPs to a Guest's MDX account for Guest recover purposes. Once these FPs are added to a Guest's account, they can't be changed by the Guest.

There are SO many things IT should be doing instead of that...
First this offering is currently in a "testing or pilot" program. Second as I indicated above, there is not bug / problem to fix or correct. In this case the system is actually working as designed.

Dave

Ahh she is incorrect / mistaken / making it up. Guest's can't book duplicates or even overlapping FPs. The CL paid FP's are entered the same way that Guest Service and other select teams add FPs to a Guest's MDX account for Guest recover purposes. Once these FPs are added to a Guest's account, they can't be changed by the Guest.

First this offering is currently in a "testing or pilot" program. Second as I indicated above, there is not bug / problem to fix or correct. In this case the system is actually working as designed.

Dave
But, Dave. Everyone is referring to the regular FP Tier 1 being modified to duplicate one of the paid Extra FP Tier 1s. The DSS CMs can’t control the regular FP booking selection because the selection is open to all guests to choose a Tier 1 from whatever is available. It’s “free will” when it comes to the regular FPs.

Having a Tier 1 Extra doesn’t negate the selection of any Tier 1 using the regular FP booking choice.

To control the duplicating, Disney would have to tighten parameters of the Extra FP booking. Would anyone pay for the Extras if they could only choose 2 Tier 1s and 1 Tier 2?

We did this plan for 3 days last week, and mostly thought it was great! In particular, we loved it at AK. Having 1 NRJ and 2 FOPs in the same day was great, especially coupled with the safari, a nighttime Everest, Kali on a hot afternoon, and the great viewing area for RoL. MK also worked well. Epcot was a bit problematic. Though we loved having all 3 tier 1 rides, we tried to pack in too much in 1 day, as we also had a WS lunch, Behind the Seeds tour, 5:30 concert, and left the park by 6:15 for an offsite dinner. So there was too much running around that day.

ETA: Would I do it again? Maybe, but it's not readily available at this time as we're DVC members. We did have a cabin stay this trip, but that won't always be the case. We don't own at AK, so club-level there probably won't ever happen. If they open up the program to more people, or if it's still happening in a few years when we book a cabin again, I'd probably go for it.

On one hand, I don't feel the need to do this every trip, as we visit often enough that rides are now almost secondary to enjoying the resorts, shows, ambiance, restaurants, etc. That said, with all the new rides opening up the next few years, the plan is pretty appealing. It's also especially nice to be able to book at >60 days out, as we live on the west coast and those 4am bookings for hot new rides are a big pain!

Last edited:

The person on the phone would not allow me to book duplicates. However, I was able to book/modify a regular fastpass to make it a duplicate as long as it didn't overlap with a paid fastpass. There was absolutely no issue in the parks and I was able to use both fast passes.

Wondering about the nighttime show reservation, does anyone know if it is possible to choose the 2nd Fantasmic on a night when they have 2 showings? xx my fingers as that 2nd show will work out much better on our HS day!

I was able to change my ROL to the second showing so I'd think that you'd be able to do that for Fantasmic also. I just emailed asking if I could change and an hour later I had the confirmation.

Looks like the work last night involved the DxCL FP+'s... They used to show as rides, now they aren't showing on the FastPass page but do show on the Itinerary as Select One Experience at the same times as before. Clicking into See Details goes to the FP page where they're not showing. Called in, Signature Services confirmed the rides are there on their side and they're working on it still.

They do show as rides on the app but I can't click into them like I could before. Just get Something Went Wrong. Can click into regular FPs no problem.

Last edited:
I’m having a FP issue. I decided, after following this thread, to go back and duplicate some FP. I was told by a CM a few weeks ago that this is not allowed; she “helpfully” switched them back to what they originally were for me. I have been hesitant since then to go back and try duplicating, but just a few days ago I decided to give it a try.

Now I am having a different FP issue (I am being told my maximum FP limit has been reached on a day I have no FP booked). I believe I will need to call tech support to get this fixed. I am reluctant to do this now that I have gone back and duplicated my CL FP. I suppose I could un-duplicate, call and get my problem addressed, and then go back and re-duplicate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter