• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I’m having a FP issue. I decided, after following this thread, to go back and duplicate some FP. I was told by a CM a few weeks ago that this is not allowed; she “helpfully” switched them back to what they originally were for me. I have been hesitant since then to go back and try duplicating, but just a few days ago I decided to give it a try.

Now I am having a different FP issue (I am being told my maximum FP limit has been reached on a day I have no FP booked). I believe I will need to call tech support to get this fixed. I am reluctant to do this now that I have gone back and duplicated my CL FP. I suppose I could un-duplicate, call and get my problem addressed, and then go back and re-duplicate.
There is a problem with FP booking these past few days. Don’t call and wait until IT fixes the program.

Are you more than 60 days out and how many ticket entitlements do you have? How many days of FPs do you have? A DSS CM can’t help with a ticket entitlement FP issue.

New changes, so they're tweaking it as we speak. Now they've come back and show the rides in the FastPass view but only 1 guest across the board. Regular and Deluxe FPs. The app shows 6 guests but Deluxe FPs are not clickable. It's all wonky. I wouldn't mess w them right now. If you change anything while they're changing things it can just complicate matters.

New changes, so they're tweaking it as we speak. Now they've come back and show the rides in the FastPass view but only 1 guest across the board. Regular and Deluxe FPs. The app shows 6 guests but Deluxe FPs are not clickable. It's all wonky. I wouldn't mess w them right now. If you change anything while they're changing things it can just complicate matters.
Are you referring to "simple" tech changes, or are these bigger changes to the program?

Reactions: CJN
Are you referring to "simple" tech changes, or are these bigger changes to the program?
Don't know. It looks like simple tech changes, but could be more. Last time they rolled stuff out midday they shut down the multiple magic bands. At this point it looks like they blew away lots of peoples' FPs, then started putting them back programmatically. Now my Deluxe FPs look different, but it's obviously still in the works since I keep trying to poke around and the site's running so badly I'm not getting anywhere. I'd give it another 1/2 day.

Same Here; Only the Regular FPs+ details are currently being displayed and not the FP$+ CL ones in MDE.
However, in the "overview" page the list includes "Select Experiences" as other have reported so, yes, best to wait it out.

What FP ride would you choose (anything but space) in the 8-9 pm slot, leading up to the HEA reserved viewing location? Want to be able to ride, grab food, and sit in area until showtime. This will be on a super busy night. Thanks!

What FP ride would you choose (anything but space) in the 8-9 pm slot, leading up to the HEA reserved viewing location? Want to be able to ride, grab food, and sit in area until showtime. This will be on a super busy night. Thanks!
What are your options? Only coasters or all rides? Buzz is right there. Mine Train is not too far. Or something in the land you're coming from. Plenty of time to ride anything and get to the show spot so I'd continue on with where you'll be at the time so you aren't going into lands for one ride.

What are your options? Only coasters or all rides? Buzz is right there. Mine Train is not too far. Or something in the land you're coming from. Plenty of time to ride anything and get to the show spot so I'd continue on with where you'll be at the time so you aren't going into lands for one ride.
So maybe more details will help. Last year, we went during the same time (Jersey Week) and we did the HEA Garden Dessert Party on Saturday (Veteran's Day). OMG - so many people. It took us forever to walk from the dessert area to the garden viewing area. I basically had a panic attack and bolted away from my family and left my poor husband and two kids to figure out how to get to the garden. So........I was trying to time our last FP ride to be close to the viewing area and not fight those crowds again. I forget where the CL reserved viewing area is.

On this day in particular, we are getting a later start and doing all 6 FPs from about 3:00 until the 8-9 time slot. I figured our focus on this day would be Adventureland and HM, PP, and 7D. But if the viewing area is more towards TL, maybe Buzz is a good idea.

The viewing area is in the area in front of Casey’s - a small section - and Adventureland is closer rather than walking through or around the Hub from Tomorrowland. Pirates or JC keep you on the correct side of the Hub.
ok, good. that's what i thought - that it was near casey's. so i think starting off our day in fantasyland and ending towards adventureland will be a good plan. i know i'm ahead of myself, but making ADRs really got me thinking of strategies.

I was trying to time our last FP ride to be close to the viewing area and not fight those crowds again. On this day in particular, we are getting a later start and doing all 6 FPs from about 3:00 until the 8-9 time slot. I figured our focus on this day would be Adventureland and HM, PP, and 7D. But if the viewing area is more towards TL, maybe Buzz is a good idea.
i think starting off our day in fantasyland and ending towards adventureland will be a good plan. i know i'm ahead of myself, but making ADRs really got me thinking of strategies.
Your day sounds remarkably like one of ours... We've got Fantasyland 2:30-3:30-4:30... Dinner... 6-7-8 :) Coming back Thunder-Splash-Jungle in the evening, working back toward the hub for the show.

Your day sounds remarkably like one of ours... We've got Fantasyland 2:30-3:30-4:30... Dinner... 6-7-8 :) Coming back Thunder-Splash-Jungle in the evening, working back toward the hub for the show.
great minds :)

i'm just stuck on the fact that once 6:00 hits, it will be dark and i personally don't love MK in the dark with the kids. i feel a bit overwhelmed. so i'm not sure if splash, big thunder and pirates (or JC) will be the best for my family in the dark.

good thing we have some time to think it through :)

We grabbed a crystal palace 7:35 dinner, so figured we would eat, then head to the viewing area when we were done eating.
ok, good. that's what i thought - that it was near casey's. so i think starting off our day in fantasyland and ending towards adventureland will be a good plan. i know i'm ahead of myself, but making ADRs really got me thinking of strategies.

I know I read earlier reports in this thread that it was not possible to book CLFP+ during a non-CL portion of a split-stay. However, I just spoke with Signature Services to inquire about this since we are considering changing 3-nights of our current non-CL stay to CL (both stays will be at AKL). I was told that booking CLFP+ during the non-CL portion of our stay would definitely be possible. He noted that "at least one of your CLFP+ days would need to overlap the CL portion of our stay" -- and as long as that were true, we could purchase as many additional CLFP+ days as we wished during the other non-CL portion of our stay.

This is of course, only from a Q&A phone call with Signature Services, not from an actual booking call. But he was quite clear about this.

Had anyone else had a similar experience recently? Perhaps he was just off-base?

I know I read earlier reports in this thread that it was not possible to book CLFP+ during a non-CL portion of a split-stay. However, I just spoke with Signature Services to inquire about this since we are considering changing 3-nights of our current non-CL stay to CL (both stays will be at AKL). I was told that booking CLFP+ during the non-CL portion of our stay would definitely be possible. He noted that "at least one of your CLFP+ days would need to overlap the CL portion of our stay" -- and as long as that were true, we could purchase as many additional CLFP+ days as we wished during the other non-CL portion of our stay.

This is of course, only from a Q&A phone call with Signature Services, not from an actual booking call. But he was quite clear about this.

Had anyone else had a similar experience recently? Perhaps he was just off-base?
That's pretty cool if that works out. I have a half CL and half non-CL stay coming up and I could not do that. It would have been great to spread the extra CL FP days out a little. I hope it works out for you!!

If you look at previous posts in this thread, people have been told they can't book CLFP+'s during their non-CL stays. This was when they were booking their FP's. What you were told is a totally new development. If they are changing policies that would be great but it is more likely that you were given bad information. But let us know what happens when you try to book with DSS.

While I’ve been telling myself to wait until Disney is done with whatever “magical enhancements” they have been doing to MDX this week before getting too stressed about it... I sure do wish my Extra FPs would show up again! Making me nervous! :rotfl:

@GADisneyDad14 I am right there with you buddy. Since I made modifications to double up*; I am anxiously awaiting. Still no change.
*Doubling up on CL FP$+ is not the same as booking another FPs+ out of the the "standard" pool. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter