• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

My guess would be it’s because of the head count and program usage tracking. While the total possible CL eligible guest count is quite small, it’s probably more guests than they want to have unplanned/uncounted potential FP usage.

And since I’m assuming this is a small sample size for ‘something’ down the road... they probably need/want all the data they can get.

My guess would be it’s because of the head count and program usage tracking. While the total possible CL eligible guest count is quite small, it’s probably more guests than they want to have unplanned/uncounted potential FP usage.

And since I’m assuming this is a small sample size for ‘something’ down the road... they probably need/want all the data they can get.

I agree. All those guests having the ability to just show up to any ride anytime could really effect other guests & push fastpass wait times really high. And yea, they’re probably analyzing all the data. Fast pass 3?

I agree! The nighttime viewing was a large part of what made this “worth it” to me. Without it, I will have to think hard about whether I would ever do this again.

I agree. The loss of the nighttime viewing is why we decided not to spend the money on it. If it had been our first trip, I might have felt differently, but in the last 11 years, we have been to WDW every year except one, so if we miss a ride we will be fine. Honestly, I'm not feeling the love from club level this trip. We have stayed club level the last 2 or 3 trips, and we used to get attention before our trip- a letter or a phone call asking if they can help us etc. This trip, the only reason I knew about the CL FP program was the Disboards, and I have not gotten one phone call or letter from club services and our trip is almost here.

I agree. The loss of the nighttime viewing is why we decided not to spend the money on it. If it had been our first trip, I might have felt differently, but in the last 11 years, we have been to WDW every year except one, so if we miss a ride we will be fine. Honestly, I'm not feeling the love from club level this trip. We have stayed club level the last 2 or 3 trips, and we used to get attention before our trip- a letter or a phone call asking if they can help us etc. This trip, the only reason I knew about the CL FP program was the Disboards, and I have not gotten one phone call or letter from club services and our trip is almost here.
You seem to have been unique, not hearing anything from CL prior to the trip has been rather normal from reports on the CL thread the last couple years. Yeah, they are keeping the FP program silent, I don’t think we’ve seen a single report of a CM mentioning this program without being asked about it first.

Has anyone done the 3 extra club level fast passes at spring break? I don´t have another date to travel, and want to know if the extra fast passes would make a difference

You seem to have been unique, not hearing anything from CL prior to the trip has been rather normal from reports on the CL thread the last couple years.

I did not realize that. Well, that is pretty disappointing considering that WDW's website specifically states:

• Guests Staying in Club-Level Rooms or Suites: If you have a confirmed reservation for a Club-level room or suite at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, a Disney Signature Services Cast Member will contact you to begin the pre-planning process. They’ll provide you with their email address and phone number so you can contact them directly to plan and book outstanding experiences for your Walt Disney World vacation.
Granted, I can recall in the past them contacting me well after I already had all my dining booked, but at least it was a contact.

Has anyone done the 3 extra club level fast passes at spring break? I don´t have another date to travel, and want to know if the extra fast passes would make a difference

I have not personally done it, but I have been between Christmas and New Years, and I have close friends who have been during spring break, and I would absolutely spend the extra money to get the 3 extra FP during either of those time periods. For me, that would be worth it as you would know that you were avoiding the tiers and avoiding at least 6 of those long lines for the popular rides. The question would be whether the program will still be in existence by Spring Break.

I’m not justifying this at all, but reports of inconsistent outreach from DSS (and from IPO, the prior iteration of the service) have been the case since I first started following these boards (2014). Some report getting a call, some report a post card, some report both, some report none. In my own travels lately I have mostly received both, but not always.

And as @gottalovepluto said, they (Disney and DSS) have not really been advertising this program at all in any form.

Anyway, again, not making excuses, just pointing out your experience doesn’t sound much different than routine posts on the CL thread (not that that’s OK).

Regardless, hope you have a good trip despite the bad feeling your experience has left you so far.

I will definitely buy them.. but I wanted to know even with the 3 extra fast pass how is spring break. Will 6 fast pass be enough for us to have fun? I always go on off season.

I did not realize that. Well, that is pretty disappointing considering that WDW's website specifically states:

• Guests Staying in Club-Level Rooms or Suites: If you have a confirmed reservation for a Club-level room or suite at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, a Disney Signature Services Cast Member will contact you to begin the pre-planning process. They’ll provide you with their email address and phone number so you can contact them directly to plan and book outstanding experiences for your Walt Disney World vacation.
Granted, I can recall in the past them contacting me well after I already had all my dining booked, but at least it was a contact.

I have not personally done it, but I have been between Christmas and New Years, and I have close friends who have been during spring break, and I would absolutely spend the extra money to get the 3 extra FP during either of those time periods. For me, that would be worth it as you would know that you were avoiding the tiers and avoiding at least 6 of those long lines for the popular rides. The question would be whether the program will still be in existence by Spring Break.

I hope the program still exits by then :)

"Guests Staying in Club-Level Rooms or Suites: If you have a confirmed reservation for a Club-level room or suite at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, a Disney Signature Services Cast Member will contact you to begin the pre-planning process.They’ll provide you with their email address and phone number so you can contact them directly to plan and book outstanding experiences foryour Walt Disney World vacation."

We were NEVER contacted by anyone in SS...
If I hadn't received information from The Dis, I would have known nothing at all.
And although we had a pretty poor experience at Beach Club CL, this is one thing I actually CANNOT fault them for. SS is no longer at each reaort, but is a completely different animal, so to speak.
It is so frustrating trying to navigate the system for correct, up to date information. Just as importantly, we DO pay a premium for these services, yet they are not available to everyone staying concierge level. No rhyme or reason, just arbitrary! And I have a great TA who seems to be on top of everything.
It would make so much more sense, if they told you right off the bat, "As soon as you book your WDW resort reservation, please contact a Signature Services CM, so that we can help you make the most of your Disney vacation", guests could then ask any questions they needed to. AND get the lay of the land!
Again, so frustrating! But, THANKFULLY, there IS The Dis!

I will definitely buy them.. but I wanted to know even with the 3 extra fast pass how is spring break. Will 6 fast pass be enough for us to have fun? I always go on off season.
6 FP is just that, 6 FP. Whether you have fun is entirely up to you. You’ll have a huge leg up on other people by getting FPs to all your favorite attractions but it by no means makes the trip fun in and of itself. The lines will still be full, the parks & hotels will still be busy. Some have said the stress of getting to 6 pre-planned FPs can actually take away some of the fun, so it really depends on your crew.

Go prepared for crowds, have your ADRs nailed down as soon as your window opens, be happy higher crowds = longer hours & roll with the punches when stuff goes wrong- that’s my high crowd fun recipe!

Agree with @gottalovepluto above. The extra FPs will be helpful if you want to get top tier attractions across parks locked in. Personally, I think I drew fewer FPs overall when we used CL FPs since you have three hours blocked off for CL FPs during which you can't pull other regular FPs. For example, if I'm in MK and have three popular rides for my regular FPs, it's easy to pull other lots of less popular FPs when they are gone. But if I have regular FPs at 9, 10, and 11, and CL FPs at 12, 1, and 2, I'm fairly locked in. It really depends on your touring style and what you hope to achieve with your FPs.

We love the spring at WDW. If you have a solid plan, you'll have a wonderful time!! :)

i

It will be crazy crowded, but you will be at Disney and you will have a great time!! We had a great time the year we went between Christmas and New Years even with the crowds.

Regardless, hope you have a good trip despite the bad feeling your experience has left you so far.

Thanks! I'm sure it will be great! I'm just irritated because even with a discount we are paying significantly more for club level than we have ever paid in the past, yet we are getting less attention/service. I feel sorry for the people that spend that money who are not on the DIS that have no idea what benefits they could even take advantage of with club level.

I check in on Dec 6th...what day should I be able to book my FP+ if staying Club Level and doing all days with the extra FPs

I check in on Dec 6th...what day should I be able to book my FP+ if staying Club Level and doing all days with the extra FPs
It isn’t based on your check-in date; it’s 90 days out from the day you checkout.

Siri or Alexa can calculate the exact day for you.

Agree with @gottalovepluto above. The extra FPs will be helpful if you want to get top tier attractions across parks locked in. Personally, I think I drew fewer FPs overall when we used CL FPs since you have three hours blocked off for CL FPs during which you can't pull other regular FPs. For example, if I'm in MK and have three popular rides for my regular FPs, it's easy to pull other lots of less popular FPs when they are gone. But if I have regular FPs at 9, 10, and 11, and CL FPs at 12, 1, and 2, I'm fairly locked in. It really depends on your touring style and what you hope to achieve with your FPs.

We love the spring at WDW. If you have a solid plan, you'll have a wonderful time!! :)
_________

Yes. We always go on spring, before or after spring break and always have a blast. But this time my daughter can't miss school days so that´s the reason. We always get a lot of fast passes in one day.. We know the system very well. But we haven't gone on high crowded dates, so that´s why I was thinking about he club level. But I also wasn´t sure I will get more that 6 FP, without club level I get a lot, because as you say I can booked them immediately after one is use. But again, it was before or after spring break, so I´m not sure if I will get the same quantity on those days... I was thinking of going in summer also. But I will miss the weather of spring. I´m not looking forward to the rain either.. I know I will have a lot of fun anyway, but the last 5 years in a row have been like a dream at Disney. I´m affraid I won't be abble to match it again even with the extra Fast Pass.. So in your opinion, do you think it´s better to do the FP on my own, and not with Club level, so I can get them more close together in time? I know very well the system.. Which ones to book, at what time and everything. I´m just not sure if this will work the same on those dates.

Personally, I think I drew fewer FPs overall when we used CL FPs since you have three hours blocked off for CL FPs during which you can't pull other regular FPs.

This is exactly how we felt as well. We will probably not be doing this again. Although I am looking at Christmas week and considering it for AK and HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter