Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent over 3 hours on the phone with guest services. What I can tell you is I am even more livid then I was before I spoke to them. I received a phone call from guest relations and will speak to her tomorrow. I also emailed Iger and all the Disney Board of Directors. Take a look at the dog walk maps for AoA and POR. There is not one piece of property that will not be impacted. Got to go...getting all worked up again.

...and just for reference, I tried to see if I could modify the poll or add more votes but I could not. (I would never do this but I wanted to see if it were possible based on some claims).

It is not possible

Incognito doesn't work
Clearing cookies doesn't work

You can only take the poll if you are logged in under your proper username. The only option, once logged in, is to change your vote.

Dan
Again STATISTICALLY the poll is invalid. It can't be reproduced. Let's take the "fact" that it can't be minipulated-if you click into the thread and aren't logged in the results are displayed (with out a voting choice)- by displaying results in this manner is going to dissuade people from logging in and voting if they feel their vote won't matter -thus allowing one side a wider margin. We see the same thing in actual voting-when polling shows one candidate having a significant advantage less people turn out at the poll to vote in general (and it is even more repressed for the disadvantaged side)

Again STATISTICALLY the poll is invalid. It can't be reproduced. Let's take the "fact" that it can't be minipulated-if you click into the thread and aren't logged in the results are displayed (with out a voting choice)- by displaying results in this manner is going to dissuade people from logging in and voting if they feel their vote won't matter -thus allowing one side a wider margin. We see the same thing in actual voting-when polling shows one candidate having a significant advantage less people turn out at the poll to vote in general (and it is even more repressed for the disadvantaged side)

Completely disagree. There is no winner here, no prize or trophy or political office. It is merely a way to give your opinion. If I felt strong about one way and it was behind, you can bet I would be voting to support my view even if I made no comments.

Oh well, there's 4 resorts crossed off my list for my trip next year. Helps narrow it down :)
But seriously, separated sections of the resort or not, I don't like this policy and will avoid dog friendly hotels (including Loews) as I don't want my expensive vacation affected by barking (sound waves do carry), misbehaving or messy dogs.
Besides, the dogs aren't paying for the stay are they so why should they have to go on holidays anyway. Just leave them at home where they'll be more comfortable anyway.
All the best

Is that true even in a poll that has no bearing on Disney policy? Voting in an election leads to one party winning the seat. Voting in this poll leads to....a poll result, and nothing else. I could see posters deciding not to vote at all after seeing the current results, but wouldn't that apply to both those against AND for the policy?

I spent over 3 hours on the phone with guest services. What I can tell you is I am even more livid then I was before I spoke to them. I received a phone call from guest relations and will speak to her tomorrow. I also emailed Iger and all the Disney Board of Directors. Take a look at the dog walk maps for AoA and POR. There is not one piece of property that will not be impacted. Got to go...getting all worked up again.
When you have time, could you share with us what you learned from the call? And let us know how tomorrow's call goes, please? And thank you.

Is that true even in a poll that has no bearing on Disney policy? Voting in an election leads to one party winning the seat. Voting in this poll leads to....a poll result, and nothing else. I could see posters deciding not to vote at all after seeing the current results, but wouldn't that apply to both those against AND for the policy?
Right it leds to nothing yet human behavior is human behavior. Why take the time to log in if I can't sway the results-even if nobody wins. I'm not saying the poll doesn't show opinion I'm saying STATISTICALLY the poll hold no validity-yet people are saying (something to the effect of) "I can't believe WDW is doing this dog policy-look at our poll-everyone is against dogs-Disney must no longer be listening to its customers." Yet, other polls have the favorable above the unfavorable and those here want to dismiss that fact-touting the poll here as the only accurate one.

Understanding your "lividness". I spent a "wild weekend" expressing to DH that "all our plans are shot", "I don't want to change resorts", "I can't believe they made this change when reservations were already made" etc. He is the even keeled, we can work it out guy. We are leaving the reservation as is for now. Do please let us know why, after speaking with guest services, you are less than satisfied.

Right it leds to nothing yet human behavior is human behavior. Why take the time to log in if I can't sway the results-even if nobody wins. I'm not saying the poll doesn't show opinion I'm saying STATISTICALLY the poll hold no validity-yet people are saying (something to the effect of) "I can't believe WDW is doing this dog policy-look at our poll-everyone is against dogs-Disney must no longer be listening to its customers." Yet, other polls have the favorable above the unfavorable and those here want to dismiss that fact-touting the poll here as the only accurate one.

Got it. So basically none of the informal polls are statistically significant, but people will point to whichever ones are skewed toward their feelings on the issue, whether for or against, to support their cause. Cherry picking stats, if you will. Makes sense.

To be fair as a whole this thread hasn't been very welcoming towards those who do support it. It's very possible had the thread remained on a much more neutral or less strong negative reactions towards people who may wish to bring their dog with them or see it in a more positive light, those who support it may feel more comfortable in speaking out.

Well, since you didn't like my first answer, or thought I was rude or uncivil, I will try again. To be clear, I did understand what you were saying the first time.

The majority of people who click on a thread of this length whether they support the policy or not, are not going to read many responses because this thread is way too long. They probably vote, offer up their opinion one way or another and move on. Very few people have done this. Why? I think it's because people who enjoy dogs or maybe have no real opinion one way or another may think, "that's nice" and move on. That's it. If you support it, there isn't all that much to say, except great! I'm happy. Can't wait to book! What else is there?

There are many people affected by this for many reasons. Those people have a lot to say. Unanswered questions, miscommunications, allergies, phobias, etc....I think that if you support the dog policy, you don't really have anything to speak out about. It's just great news for you. I also think that perhaps people who did read through the thread, but supported the new policy didn't speak out because they were being respectful of others feelings. When you've got 40 posters in a row talking about their worries/angst over allergies, who wants to come on to the thread and say, Yay! Best day ever! I think some people who did vote yes, we love this policy were just being sensitive to others by not offering up their opinions on this thread.

Got it. So basically none of the informal polls are statistically significant, but people will point to whichever ones are skewed toward their feelings on the issue, whether for or against, to support their cause. Cherry picking stats, if you will. Makes sense.
True on informal polls true on cherry picking stats

When you have time, could you share with us what you learned from the call? And let us know how tomorrow's call goes, please? And thank you.
Will do. I'm not letting this go. I was booked split stay at..wait for it...AoA and POR. I love dogs and cats but dammit I spend the money to have a pet service come to my home 3x a day while I'm gone. Once I looked at the maps showing the locations of the dog run areas I knew it was all BS. They tried to tell me my POR Royal Room was "guaranteed" not to be impacted by the dog walk areas. Take a look at the map. Panterre Place is a dog area. Liar liar pants on fire!

Will do. I'm not letting this go. I was booked split stay at..wait for it...AoA and POR. I love dogs and cats but dammit I spend the money to have a pet service come to my home 3x a day while I'm gone. Once I looked at the maps showing the locations of the dog run areas I knew it was all BS. They tried to tell me my POR Royal Room was "guaranteed" not to be impacted by the dog walk areas. Take a look at the map. Panterre Place is a dog area. Liar liar pants on fire!

OUCH, double whammy. Here's to hoping they do you right. Go get 'em! :cheer2:

Understanding your "lividness". I spent a "wild weekend" expressing to DH that "all our plans are shot", "I don't want to change resorts", "I can't believe they made this change when reservations were already made" etc. He is the even keeled, we can work it out guy. We are leaving the reservation as is for now. Do please let us know why, after speaking with guest services, you are less than satisfied.
You got it. In the words of my life poet - the late great Mr. Tom Petty...I won't back down!

Found it interesting-somebody reported elsewhere that they talked to a CM and currently Disney has One, count it ONE pet dog on property (at the AoA). My guess is Disney will have a couple dozen Dogs or less on property at any given time. Given time I think people will find that the dog policy will be no big deal. We just need to give it that time.

I literally just had a CM make fun of me for switching resorts because of this trial dog run. I had booked POR, but figured it was worth it for my family to switch to AKL for about $300 more and avoid the dog issue. The CM laughed and said, "Let me get this straight, you don't want to stay at POR because of a possible dog issue, but you want to go to a resort with all of the animals? RAHAHAHA."

That is a little ironic, to be fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter