Tried to buy tickets on app, got error but have pending charges

IvyWinter

Mouseketeer
Has this happened to anyone before? Just tried to purchase two 2 day tickets with max pass on the app. Tried one credit card twice, another once, got errors that payment info was incorrect yet my bank let me know there are now THREE pending charges and I have no tickets to show for it. I am hoping the charges just dont go through but I am livid. I was about to try desktop instead but I'm so worried having an issue. Has anyone had this happen?

Happens to me no matter what credit card I try. Disney IT is at a loss. The charges do eventually drop off, but last time it took over a month. No difference between App and Desktop. I ended up borrowing a friend's card. Miss A B from C paying for Miss M N from O oddly enough went through fine.

I wonder what is going on, but today their website is glitchy as well. Right now I'm playing with the site on my laptop, and it's not showing my dining reservations made two days ago (from my laptop) and one that I just made on the app. The app also isn't showing either reservation.

Both parks are extremely packed. MAXPASS and FASTPASS is DOWN !! Standby times are obviously awful. The app is obviously down, too lol

Both parks are extremely packed. MAXPASS and FASTPASS is DOWN !! Standby times are obviously awful. The app is obviously down, too lol
YIKES! Just checked wait times and saw that Star Tours has the longest wait out of both parks at 135 minutes :headache:

I think the site is glitchy! I was checking something else unrelated to ticket purchases, and I kept getting Stitch.

App is now giving this pop up. Sorry for those there going through this :(. I've been there for these kind of IT issues. Saying it's awful is an understatement.

Screenshot_20181006-125626.png

I’ve been here for the last 2 days so we’re just napping at the hotel but if I wasn’t an AP holder, man I would be livid. I can’t believe how packed the parks are. Last time this happened to me was January and they stayed down the entire day. Not fun for those shelling out all the cash for a magical day.

At DCA now waiting in line for GOTG FP (because Maxpass has been down for quite some time) and a CM just said the entire system is down. They’re not even able to distribute paper FP at this time as well. Photopass is also down and a photopass CM told us earlier they’re not sure if pictures taken today will be saved in their system because of the system outage.

Last edited:
Different CMs had different versions and answers all day -- as usual per the DLR experience. The CMs we spoke with were more optimistic overall. Yes, the system was down. Yes, Disney was working like crazy to get things back up. Plaids at the Information Kiosks could book FPs for you most of the time (sometimes, though, the system wouldn't even let them get through). Paper FP was reported to be working at times (so it must have worked for some guests). The return times on the boards weren't always accurate because kids kept messing with the the times and CMs had to keep resetting them. The system came back up around 5 pm and worked fine for us, at least, for the rest of the night.
To the OP: if the charges on your card did not go through, they will show as "pending" for a few days, then drop off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter