Trip of a lifetime.....Disney Christmas, Birthday, Food * BIG & final update!

Continuing on our way around, DD and I thought we would check out Tarzans treehouse.

218-1.jpg

204-1.jpg

202-1.jpg

206-1.jpg

I love the detail, especially the books that are placed throughout that tell the story.

211-1.jpg

Mrs Potts

214-1.jpg

We were a tad hungry, so ended up eating at the Village Haus restaurant. It really was one of our favourites!

197-2.jpg

And the food!

199-1.jpg

Snapped this shot on the way round

201-1.jpg

Now you would think I had been pretty well ruined all day..............I mean I got the most wonderful present, I had breakfast with Minnie, I was allowed to choose what we did for the day, I did the holiday tour of Disneyland, so what more could a girl do??????

Well, I'm glad you asked!!! The Fantasmic priority seting, that's what! It really was a magical end to a truly magical day. To sit and enjoy the spectacle that is Fantasmic with my family and have a snack box and an uninterrupted view, was just, well, Magical!!!!

As I really wanted to enjoy the show, the only pic I took was of the yummy box of goodies that you get.

222-1.jpg

221-1.jpg

None of us finished it all but it was yummy. I know I have read peoples posts where they cannot justify the cost, and yes it was expensive ( and no AP discount applies either ), but it truly was a wonderful way to finish the day. Would I do it again..................yes!!!!

As I mentioned, I did not take one pic of the show itself as I did not want to view it through the back of my camera. I fully intended to take pics when we viewed it again, but due to the massive crowds, we never did get to see it again:eek: But, the DD and I have it on the list of things we are going to film in October!

After the show finished, we wandered around just taking it all in and jumping on any rides that were not too long to wait.

So all up, I had the most memorable birthday ever.............and it wouldn't have been possible without my beautiful DD and my ever patient wonderful DH!!!:love:

Coming up, Christmas Eve at the happiest place on earth:santa:

Hi there Liz and I am so glad you are enjoying the report!:goodvibes

Seems like we will both be planning for a magical end to 2012!!! It won't take long to get around to September as the time just seems to fly these days! We don't leave until the very end of October,so have a little bit longer to wait but it sure will be worth it!

Are you doing a pre trip report by any chance? I am going to start one as soon as I have completed this trip report. I just love doing the report and it makes it so much more fun and exciting to share it with other Disney folk;)

Take care

Sue

I've never writen a PTR before, but now I think I just might. We are planning on a cruise before DL, so once I figure out what we're actually doing I'll get started. I just love :love: planning our trips. My poor DH and DDs just roll their eyes and nod whenever I start talking about our holidays, but they are all grateful for the great times we have. At the moment I'm on the lookout for some airfare deals.

I'm looking forward to your next installment, I'm loving your reports.

Liz

I've never writen a PTR before, but now I think I just might. We are planning on a cruise before DL, so once I figure out what we're actually doing I'll get started. I just love :love: planning our trips. My poor DH and DDs just roll their eyes and nod whenever I start talking about our holidays, but they are all grateful for the great times we have. At the moment I'm on the lookout for some airfare deals.

I'm looking forward to your next installment, I'm loving your reports.

Liz

Ooh ooh, I will one of the first signed up to your PTR!!!!:thumbsup2

We can compare as we go! I too am on the look out for good airfare deals. The accomodation ( well the first bit anyway;) ) is booked and I am just waiting to book the last 4 nights at a hotel on property.......not too sure which one yet as it will depend on what deal I can get!

Let me tell you, the next instalment is a very special one and we may even have a guest writer!!!!

Take care

Sue

Ooh ooh, I will one of the first signed up to your PTR!!!!:thumbsup2

We can compare as we go! I too am on the look out for good airfare deals. The accomodation ( well the first bit anyway;) ) is booked and I am just waiting to book the last 4 nights at a hotel on property.......not too sure which one yet as it will depend on what deal I can get!

Let me tell you, the next instalment is a very special one and we may even have a guest writer!!!!

Take care

Sue

popcorn:: can't wait to hear more !!

Welcome to Christmas Eve everyone in the Happiest Place on earth! Today was a very special day for 2 reasons..................one, it was Christmas Eve and two, it was DD's special Minnie Mouse ( Girl ) birthday today.

I have mentioned earlier in the trip report that DD was accompanied on the trip by Girl. Laura was given Girl on her first Christmas when she was just 9 months old, and she has been the one special friend, a lot like Jessie is to Emily in Toy Story, but the big difference here is, she is still "on" the bed, not under it!!!! For whatever reason, she called her Girl.
Now when I say special, I mean special. Girl had been on all our holidays with us including overseas to New Zealand, she has had to have her lace around her neck and arms replaced with love and care by a very special Grandma, and DD even left her tag out for the "tag fairy" when it fell off when she was just 4! So, you see what I mean when I say she is special.......................

WE INTERUPT THIS TRIP REPORT FOR AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE

He he he he he he........Girl here everyone:wave2:

I have kinda sorta taken over this TR as I thought if it is going to be about me, then I should be telling the tale!
Ssshhhhh don't tell Minnie Sue!!!!:rolleyes1........ I am sure I can get these pics on here somehow, oh wait, Photobucket.........yep, got it. Ok let's go!!!!

So in case you missed me early on in this fabulous TR, here I am!!! This is me in the motel room in Sydney before we left for America the next day!

958.jpg

Here I am at the airport, and a mouse just cannot travel without a passport!

969.jpg

I quite enjoyed the flight, all tucked up nice and safe with my human. I am allowed to get out every now and again, but she is very protective of me and likes to make sure I am ok.

I usually just hang around in the motel rooms when we go on holiday. I mean someone has to be there to guard the room.....right?;)

So for the first part of the trip I did just that! I got lots of new friends to keep me company though as it seems there was something called a Disney store in the country we were in and every time my human went out, she seemed to come back with more friends!!!! I am not too sure about how my humans Dad felt about that as he seemed to be mumbling things like "I really don't know how we are going to fit those in the suitcases...." etc etc!!!

But, we got through the first week pretty smoothly......here I am in the San Francisco motel.

1093.jpg

Before I knew it, I was loaded into this rather large car for a trip which everyone seemed to be very excited about. We stopped on the way at a place called Sizzler to have some refreshments and I do know that my humans Mum was just so very happy about that!

I was feeling a bit peckish myself, so came in for the meal!!!

1412.jpg

After a few hours of driving time, we stopped for what would our final place for the next 3 weeks. It was a place called Anaheim, and wait, could it be that this is the home of, no wait it couldn't be Disneyland.......could it?!!!
I did not want to get to get too excited as I knew that the reason for my existence had her very own house at this place, so did not want to be disappointed!!!

So, I just hung around this new motel and kept getting more friends to talk to! The humans came back so happy each day, so I knew this must be a wonderful place.
One morning, I found myself being placed in a backpack and was very excited as I knew this meant I was going out for the day!
Our first stop was Mimi's cafe, and here I am selecting what I would like to have for breakfast.

224.jpg

Oh, those choc chip pancakes were just yummy!!!

229.jpg

And of course, a mouse needs a good old fashioned chocolate milk to wash them down!!

228.jpg

Now, I did feel pretty special at this time, all this attention for one little old mouse, and it was now that I found out why! A strange round thing was produced and placed on the outside of my carry bag. It said "Happy Birthday Girl"!!!!!

226.jpg

Oh my goodness, it was my birthday! Oh boy!!! I was really excited as I was going to spend the day with my human and her family on my special day!
So, back into the bag I went. Let me tell you, it really is a great way to travel!!!

We walked for just a bit and came across a big colourful sign and it was at that moment I was taken out of my bag...........

230.jpg

I couldn't quite read the sign to start with, but wait..........does that say what I think it says.........................Disneyland!!!! Oh my goodness, somebody pinch me! I......Girl the mouse........all the way from Australia, was about to spend the day in the happiest place on earth. I think I was a bit teary at that very moment that my human had brought me to the one place that every mouse like me should see, at least once in their life! Oh, I have always loved her, my extra special human, but today was just too good to be true.
So, it was into the park we went...........

Just so I could show all the peeps back home that I was really here!!!

232.jpg

The two happiest girls in the world

233.jpg

Here I am with the tippy top of the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen in the background

236-1.jpg

Off to the train station we went to do a lap of the park.......you know, just so I could get a good feel of the place!

245-1.jpg

And here I am with a very special man! Apparently he was quite important and made sure the train was running on time and all the passengers were safe! He asked who I was and my human was telling him all about us. He then asked if he could have his picture taken, so here we are!

244-1.jpg

The next thing we did was go and stand in a line to see somebody and to have a picture taken. I knew this must have been someone special as my humans Mum was getting very emotional............

Round the corner we went, and wait.............could it be..............oh my goodness.............it was Minnie Mouse herself. We waited just a little while longer and it was finally our turn. Let me tell you, it was the happiest moment of my life! My human told Minnie all about our story of our lives together and Minnie and her human ( something called a cast member! ) were making a big fuss over me and told us just how special moments like these were what made their jobs so wonderful.

Here we are all together.......

250-1.jpg

And here is my special pic of just the 2 of us...........

251-1.jpg

Minnie was just everything I had hoped she would be.

It was then time to leave Minnie and her CM so into Minnie's house we went to take some pics!

252.jpg

253-1.jpg

262.jpg

It was wonderful to see all Minnie's things. Here I am in the wishing well bucket, and I tell you what, I didn't need to make a wish because that day.............. all my wishes had come true!!!

264.jpg

After we had seen a bit more and said our goodbyes,we farewelled Mickey's Toontown and went off to explore more of the park.

290.jpg

291.jpg

Up next.........first time rides for this happy mouse!!!

And off we go!

All that meeting and greeting sure can make a mouse hungry, so it was off to the Troubadour Tavern for another one of my humans favourite foods in the whole wide world!! The baked potato.....loaded!!!

293.jpg

Turns out she was right, yummo!!!!

The discussion then turned back to which rides were important to do for the day as there sure were loads of people here.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life me.........ooh, I hoped I didn't get wet on this one!

326.jpg

Turns out I didn't and it was lots of fun. I can see now why my human talks about this ride all the time!

330.jpg

I was a little concerned as the next ride mentioned had the word haunted in the title and I was just a bit worried about that!!! This one is my humans Mum's absolute favourite.

Here I am out the front and feeling a little bit nervous!

333.jpg

And in the line

334.jpg

Well, I got through it in one piece and this was lots of fun too........although I did hide my eyes in the beginning!

It was off now to something that was definitely more my speed!

344.jpg

Ya just gotta love that silly old bear and all his friends! I had a stop off at his honey pot!

343.jpg

Then it was time for some shopping! Here I am trying on Minnie Mouse ears!

345.jpg

Seeing as I already have Minnie Mouse ears, the humans just got some for themselves!!!:lmao:

It was dark now, so we made our way over to get a spot for the fireworks. I did not know what the big fuss was about but there were people everywhere. The castle was all lit up and looked just like it was in a fairytale.
We managed to get quite a good spot and I watched in awe as these wonderful colours lit up the sky. It was a very emotional and happy end to what was a wonderful day.

My human and I

375.jpg

Here I am with all the twinky lights of the castle

374.jpg

So, there you have it folks......... a magical end to a most magical day and one I will never ever forget. I really hope my human.....Laura......knows just how much I love her and I hope to have many more adventures together.....:love:

Girl :flower3:
DL- 2010

***I have also heard the humans talking and it looks like there is another trip planned to this most magical place for Halloween later this year. I promise I have been an extremely good mouse, so maybe I might get to go too!!!****Mental note to self, check passport!!!

Loved Girl's TR, how cute!!!!

I hope she has many more Minnie Mouse adventures! :cutie:

What a great day Christmas Eve was for you guys!

xoxo :love:

Sounds like you and Girl both had awesome birthdays! I hope to get to a Disney park on my birthday one year :thumbsup2

That is so cute....love it! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

I am so glad you enjoyed reading all about Girl's big day! I tell you what, we saw loads of other families doing the same thing! I think it will be nice to have those special memories that we can show our grandkids:scared1: 1 day ( in the very distant future!!!!!! )

Take care

Sue

Sounds like you and Girl both had awesome birthdays! I hope to get to a Disney park on my birthday one year :thumbsup2

Yes, we both had wonderul times!!!! To go to Disneyland on your birthday really is an amzing experience and one I will treasure forever! I do hope I get to get to do it again one year...........:goodvibes

Thanks for coming along and sharing our journey:thumbsup2

Take care

Sue

Perry the Platypus loves going on my trips. He has been to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, WDW, Washington DC, Maui, Vancouver and Alaska. He has also been to Disneyland and Hollywood.

Yes, we both had wonderul times!!!! To go to Disneyland on your birthday really is an amzing experience and one I will treasure forever! I do hope I get to get to do it again one year...........:goodvibes

Thanks for coming along and sharing our journey:thumbsup2

Take care

Sue

I can second that! I was lucky enough to spend my 40th birthday at DLR last year ... my favourite birthday ever! :dance3:

Loving your TR, thanks for sharing with us all. :goodvibes

I can second that! I was lucky enough to spend my 40th birthday at DLR last year ... my favourite birthday ever! :dance3:

Loving your TR, thanks for sharing with us all. :goodvibes

Well aren't we a couple of very lucky girls having birthdays in the house of mouse:cloud9:

I am hoping I get to do it again one day!:thumbsup2

And thank you ever so much for coming along..........it really makes all the difference to know there are people out there enjoying the journey.:flower3:

There is more to come!

Take care

Sue

What a magical trip! I am so jealous you got to spend so much time in Disneyland!!

Hi there Kristie:wave2:

Yes, it really was a magical trip with soooooo many happy memories. The DD and I are off again in October for 16 days with nothing but time to spend in our favourite place!
I can't wait to see the park all done up for Halloween and as we don't celebrate the occasion here in Australia, it will be even more special!

Thanks ever so much for coming along on our journey:flower3:

Take care

Sue

I can not wait for more of your TR. YOu are going tohave so much fun in October. We have gone during Halloween the past two years and have ahd so much fun. This year we decided to go for Christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter