Trip Report - Overall just OK

kmorlock

Our Happy Place
We stayed 11/13-11/22 at Beach Club Villas. As many have noted before, these villas are in desperate need of the upcoming refurb. We had cracked tiles, dirty appliances, well worn furniture, and the sofa beds are terrible. The mattresses are worn out too. The only draw here is the pool which due to weather, we did not use much. I would not stay here unless it was more likely to be hot weather. The pools are supposed to be heated but, they were frigid the few times we tried them.

The dining options for QS are not good in general at Epcot resorts. Hurricane Hanna's closes when slow so, you really have only the Marketplace which offers 3 junky lunch meat sandwich options or Pepperoni/cheese flatbreads to choose from. This is a HUGE pain when the World Showcase is closed. I learned the rules of QS are also different from place to place. Items considered dessert options at one resort are not allowed at another.

Crowds- They seemed higher than anticipated for what is supposed to be a slow week. We encountered lots of grumpy, inconsiderate people too. If you can't handle lots of people and children moving in lots of different directions, maybe Disney is not for you! What is the point of pushing kids to tears just to make a fastpass or meet a character? Also, what's with all the line cutting? Since when is it ok for one person to wait in line then 12 people in their party push past you saying their family is ahead in line?!! Wait your turn people!!!!

Bus crowding - don't be a late comer the push past those who have waited longer than you. Be courteous.

Food everywhere seems to have changed quality too. I'm sure like most businesses, they are cutting back but, cutting back while raising prices too?

All in all, we much prefer other resort options like Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. Everyone has a preference depending on their needs, and we would choose elsewhere next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter