Trip Report - Overall just OK

kmorlock

Our Happy Place
We stayed 11/13-11/22 at Beach Club Villas. As many have noted before, these villas are in desperate need of the upcoming refurb. We had cracked tiles, dirty appliances, well worn furniture, and the sofa beds are terrible. The mattresses are worn out too. The only draw here is the pool which due to weather, we did not use much. It would not stay here unless it was more likely to be hot weather. The pools are supposed to be heated but, they were frigid the few times we tried them.

The dining options for QS are not good in general at Epcot resorts. Hurricane Hanna's closes when slow so, you really have only the Marketplace which offers 3 junky lunch meat sandwich options or Pepperoni/cheese flatbreads to choose from. This is a HUGE pain when the World Showcase is closed. I learned the rules of QS are also different from place to place. Items considered dessert options at one resort are not allowed at another.

Crowds- They seemed higher than anticipated for what is supposed to be a slow week. We encountered lots of grumpy, inconsiderate people too. If you can't handle lots of people and children moving in lots of different directions, maybe Disney is not for you! What is the point of pushing kids to tears just to make a fastpass or meet a character?

Food everywhere seems to have changed quality too. I'm sure like most businesses, they are cutting back but, cutting back while raising prices too?

All in all, we much prefer other resort options like Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. Everyone has a preference depending on their needs, and we would choose elsewhere next time.

I was there too from the 15th to the 20th.
I was probably one of those grumpy people because I was not inticipating the long lines and huge crowds. :rotfl2:

I guess a lot of people found out about the Free Dining Offer and took advantage of the week since it said it was a slow week. lol.

Most of the cast members we "Mr. Grumpy Faces." (Dory in Finding Nemo). I want to say it's because of the cold weather but I don't think it was because of it.

There is only one Grumpy right? Well, this trip we found a few more.... CM at Bavaria refused to give me another hot beverage cup so I could cool some hot cocoa down that I just bought. She said it was against policy?! A CM stooge in America said we couldn't wear ponchos inside. A lady CM asked him why and he muttered "whatever you can make them believe". Mexico food is very spicy crap. I asked for shredded cheese instead of liquid cheese on nachos, CM could not understand me at all. Another CM said they don't have shredded cheese but could put quest blanco on. They put a very scant amount of quest blanco on top of the meat mixture with nothing else. They also told me to come back because they ran out of churros. I went back to tell them my nachos were not right and they tried to charge me for the items they forgot to put on like sour cream, beans, tomatoes etc.! Obviously the new leadership needs to take notice of the numerous shortcomings of the business plan they currently use. People may still come, but what they are willing to spend will change. I no longer feel the dining plan is a good value as the quality has plummeted and service is really lacking. It used to be if you were unhappy, they would make it right. Not so anymore!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter