Trip Report pin trading weekend.

BONITATIME

<font color=blue>I like to drink all year out of o
I arrived in dlrp on friday morning having caught the vea from Orly. Then I encountered a little problem. I thought i had booked the Kyriad in dlrp but had not I had booked the hotel in Esbly. As i was on my own and am flexible I was not too bothered. I took a taxi our there left my luggage and caught a bus back to the park. I rushed to City Hall and took their guided tour. This had been prebooked from home.
We wandered for 2 hours around the park and I learned loads about the park i didnt know I would reccomend this tour to anyone. Even better I was given a pin at the end. After this I went and purchased an annual pass. I was given a mickey mug as my gift. Then late lunch in Videopolis to watch a little of the lion king show. I then wandered around just mooching about until the park was about to close.
I caught a bus back to Esbly, did some shopping in a nearby supermarket and had dinner in the hotel. This was a set meal for 13 euros for 2 courses. I think that 3 courses was 15 euros . I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who has a car as it is in a pretty little village, about 5 mins from the parks.

Saturday I was up about 7 am . I caught the bus to the Hotel New York. I was there for the pin trading event. This is the first event i have been to and am now saving up for another. I was there at 8am and there were already people in front of me in the queue. The hour waiting was great . There seems to be a great camerarderie between the traders and many seem to know each other. I was amazed by the number of americans who had made the journey. As we went in the tables were set out in two sides of the room and down the centre were tables with breakfast things. The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and there was hot and cold drinks which were left out the whole morning.
We started with an introduction and then either purchased the event pins or ate breakfast. The pins were all Malificent orientated. Tinkerbell dressed as Malificent, Stitch dressed as Malificent, Malificent and the dragon. There was also a silly synphony pin and a N letter pin.
Then the trading commenced. I traded a little and looked a lot. I have now realised this is a very expensive hobby but its too late to have regrets.

After the event i went to the studios where i went on the disney art of animation for the first time (never been able to persuade the children).

After the parade i went over to the disneyland park. There i purchased some more pins . I watched the parade and i realy like the ariel float, which i am sure was not there last summer. Then i did a few rides and had dinner in Auberge de Cendrillon . This was a lovely meal the atmosphere is so peaceful there. After i wandered some more. Then too a taxi back to the hotel.

The following morning i took the vea to cdg and went home.

This is the first time i have been to the parks alone and certainly will again. Though I have had to promise the children i will take them next time

Great trip report bonitatime. Sounds like you had a great time despite the mix up about the hotels. Guided tour sounds interesting-think I may try it on following trip this christmas. By the way, thanks for the information regarding holiday inn in Paris. I went on the website and the particular hotel you mentioned looks great and good prices too so will probably book there when time comes :banana:

Cheers

Yes, it was a nice weekend at the parks and the event. Nice to hear that you had fun and that you would recommend the Kyriad at Esbly. We only stayed at the one at DLRP and loved it.

And yes :flower: pintrading is expensive but a lot of fun :rotfl:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Renate I looked for you and asked two different german speaking ladies if they were you but i never found you.
the rooms were fine and the staff were great,but you do need a car
nikki

BONITATIME said:
Renate I looked for you and asked two different german speaking ladies if they were you but i never found you.
the rooms were fine and the staff were great,but you do need a car
nikki

Oh :guilty: been most of the time at the table near the trading board at the wall opposite to the entrance. I wore a lanyard with a red WDW name tag with my name on :cool1:
Guess for the next event (or trip) we have to plan a meeting :flower:

Did you anyone from this board?

As we mostly go to DLRP by car the Kyriad at Esbly will be a good choise to try out.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Great report Nikki! Bet the hotel situation was a surprise though!!

Just a little surprise fortunately it was just me as if my whole family had been there it could have been much more complicated
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter