Trip Report: YC/Portobello/Disneymoon 4.23.07; COMPLETE as of 6.3.07!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great TR-- im going to miss it..

One thing though-- the Disney Tattoo Guy is a lot more famous than you might think. Ive been on his website NUMBEROUS times in the past-- and his house is CARAZY!! I always look out for him when we are at WDW (he lives in PA- he isnt even LOCAL!)--- but ive always wondered if he was a little off.. ya know? Have you ever checked out his house online? There was a huge long long thread on the community board about him at one time. I knew him right away when I saw the photo and you mentioned his tattoo's!

Check out these photos of his house...:laughing: he's definitely a fanATIC!
http://www.disneytattooguy.com/housepics.htm

love your TR though-- had a great time reliving WDW and my wedding with you!!

WOW...that's a lot of Disney! The house might might be cool if it were decorated more tastefully, but honestly, I think it just looks cluttered and junky...he not so much a disney fanatic but more of Disney pack rat! But I guess we all have our own "style"! ;)

WOW...that's a lot of Disney! The house might might be cool if it were decorated more tastefully, but honestly, I think it just looks cluttered and junky...he not so much a disney fanatic but more of Disney pack rat! But I guess we all have our own "style"! ;)

you took the words right out of my mouth!!

I just finished catching up on your TR and am sad it's over! Since you're local you will have to keep posting about your upcoming trips for us :). I cracked up when you mentioned giggling when you refer to your DH because that is something I can see myself doing. I still haven't gotten used to saying "fiancé" :rotfl:. Thank you so much for sharing your wedding/honeymoon with us! I really enjoyed reading it and loved your "lessons learned". Which tour do you think you liked the best? For one of the girls in my wedding party I would like to get a gift certificate (maybe just make one myself) for one of the tours. She works at Disney and I am going to be two hours away and thought that might be a fun thing to do together.

You guys look like you had the time of your life!! I really enjoyed reading your TR and can't thank you enough for sharing!!:goodvibes

I don't remember you mentioning your dinner at PYC though...how was it? Where did you guys get seated?

I just finished catching up on your TR and am sad it's over! Since you're local you will have to keep posting about your upcoming trips for us :). I cracked up when you mentioned giggling when you refer to your DH because that is something I can see myself doing. I still haven't gotten used to saying "fiancé" :rotfl:. Thank you so much for sharing your wedding/honeymoon with us! I really enjoyed reading it and loved your "lessons learned". Which tour do you think you liked the best? For one of the girls in my wedding party I would like to get a gift certificate (maybe just make one myself) for one of the tours. She works at Disney and I am going to be two hours away and thought that might be a fun thing to do together.

Our favorite tour hands-down was the Segway Tour, followed closely by Keys to the Kingdom. If your friend works at Disney, she's able to get discounts to a lot of the tours (DH is a CM too). Depending on the tour, we saved anywhere from 20-50%. If you're giving it to her as a gift, though, that might be tacky to ask her, I guess. :confused: We haven't been on a tour at Disney we didn't like, so I think you're safe in any direction you go! (They also have safari-type tours at AK)

You guys look like you had the time of your life!! I really enjoyed reading your TR and can't thank you enough for sharing!!:goodvibes

I don't remember you mentioning your dinner at PYC though...how was it? Where did you guys get seated?

I sort of skipped the luncheon part of the wedding because I thought I was getting too long-winded. :rotfl: Portabello's was great. Everyone found something they liked and since our timing was sort of weird (2:30 pm), they offered to make us anything from their lunch or dinner menus. We were seated in what they called the Rose Corridor, I think, which is a fancy name for the edge of the restaurant, off to the side. The sales lady Lindsay said she booked that for us because it's so private, but there were only one or two other families there are that time, so it ended up not a big deal.

We brought our cake with us to eat after lunch (didn't want people loading up on champagne and cake at the ceremony; lol) and Lindsay said we would be charged a $2.50 per person cake serving fee, even if they didn't serve it directly and even if not everyone ate a piece. :eek: However, they ended up not charging us that fee at all (thank goodness!). I don't know if it's because Lindsay wasn't there and our servers didn't know about the charge or if it's because we offered our cake leftovers to the back staff and they were so happy they waived the charge. In any case, no charge! :woohoo:

At one point, the waitress came over and shoved a box at me. Well, I guess she more like threw it on the table in my general direction. I was a little confused because it was an odd-shaped box and we hadn’t ordered anything to go yet (we did end up taking one of the desserts home because it was too much for us and it was yummy yummy). Turns out it was champagne glasses! :cloud9:

Just wondering if you have a picture of those champagne glasses?! I would love to see them!

i loved your tr!!

you put in some great tips...not just for weddings but any trip!!

How did you like hoop de doo....im debating that or MM bbq

Ive always wanted to do the tours...im glad you highly recommend them

Congrats!!

Cori- I'm glad you posted- i forgot to read the about the honeymoon!:sad2:

Christina, I can't beleive its over. you looked so happy! I'm going through withdrawal from your wonderful TR...isn't there anything else?...ok...

Dudes that tattoo guy is out of his keesters! His house looks retarded!!!

Just wondering if you have a picture of those champagne glasses?! I would love to see them!

I didn't take any pics at the time, but they're on a shelf at the house; I'll try to remember to post a pic for ya tonight!

i loved your tr!!

you put in some great tips...not just for weddings but any trip!!

How did you like hoop de doo....im debating that or MM bbq

Ive always wanted to do the tours...im glad you highly recommend them

Congrats!!

We LOVED the tours. They were our favorite parts, I think. Someone on here mentioned that they do OFF-ROAD Segway Tours; I told Steve we totally have to do that! (Well, when the weather cools off, of course!).

I've never done the BBQ but I can tell you that the Hoop de Doo was loads of fun. :thumbsup2

Cori- I'm glad you posted- i forgot to read the about the honeymoon!:sad2:

Christina, I can't beleive its over. you looked so happy! I'm going through withdrawal from your wonderful TR...isn't there anything else?...ok...

Dudes that tattoo guy is out of his keesters! His house looks retarded!!!

I'm so glad you liked my trip report! Hooray! Everyone's trip reports are so great these days that there's a lot of pressure. :rotfl: No more to add except that our marriage so far is going really well. I know most trippies sort of trail off after the honeymoon, but we've been married for two and a half months now and still going strong. We're not a sappy couple by any stretch of the imagination (just read our vows, ha ha) but in the end I'm really glad we decided to get married and I keep telling Steve that he makes a better husband than a boyfriend, if that's possible. :cutie:

OK, enough corniness. Back to work. :laughing:

H there I just finish reading your TR....I'm new at this and I'm hoping for a DFTW......Congratulations!......Best Wishes......:cheer2:

You had a great wedding!! Thanks so much for your TR, it really does help!!

Awww, thanks! If you ever have any questions, just drop me a line. If I don't remember something off the top of my head, I'm sure I have it detailed in my wedding spreadsheet or journal! *winks*

I just finished your report (and am ashamed to say I didn't get much else done :confused3 ). Thanks for taking the time to post. I hope all is well with you and your hubby. Any little ones on the way yet???;)

I just got married last weekend and planning a belated honeymoon in September. I've been to Disney multiple times, but not since 1999. Hubby has NEVER been!!! I'm hoping he will be hooked and we can bring our family there in the future.

I am wanting to stay at Wilderness Lodge a couple of nights and then an Epcot area resort. Because of the cost, I'm looking into renting DVC points. Thanks for your honesty about the YC.

I just wanted to say Thanks. I LOVE reading these TR's, but can't imagine ever taking the time to write one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter