Trip that almost wasn't..part 2

Sleepy

<font color=royalblue>I'll have to remember that o
Cast:

Me, age 31
DH, age 37
DS, age 9

Day 4, Tuesday July 24...Orlando

We wake up and get out of the hotel in Myrtle Beach by the 11am check-out. My back is in so much pain from the mattress. Will be this way until tomorrow. We head for Florence, SC, where I grew up so that we can hit 95 and visit my favorite drive in restaurant. The owner recognizes me and treats us like royalty. She knows we drive a long way to get there, so she gives us to go refills etc, which is really nice. I only get this food about once a year, so I make the best of it. The drive through SC and GA are pretty smooth and uneventful. We stop to get gas and realize DH lost the key to the gas cap at the last stop. He remains irritable like it is my fault. Can't figure out what his problem is. He admits he lost the key and we were able to break in the gas cap. We stop at a Wal-Mart down the road and replace it. DH decides in Fl we should try to bypass all of Jacksonville and take a scenic route. He thinks this will save time, but realize several hours later it does not. We stop in a small town and do laundry which was much needed. Soon it is after 11pm and no where close to Universal. We reach Universal around 12:30am and deicide since we are a dya early for Hard Rock Hotel, we will stay offsite to save some money. We get to Wingate across from Universal and they discount the room to $59 a night due to late hours check-in. The room here was very nice. There was shampoo, soap, etc as well as a hair dryer. The mattress was much more comfortable than the last place in Myrtle Beach. We grab midnight snack at Taco Bell across parking lot and then go to bed. Sorry, I can't comment much on this hotel. It was only used for sleep and shower. (the shampoo in the shower had been opened but not replaced by housekeeping) Room served it's purpose and was very clean. I would consider staying here again if onsite hotel benefits get worse. Tomorrow....Hard Rock Hotel check-in and Sea World

:) Kinda sucks having lost the keys to the gas tank though. Don't you hate it when things go wrong during a trip? Great report though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter